Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

i come late to the party, eat shit if you're going to complain.
anyway, my question is: did the 64 bit bring any good, new, interesting mod which makes use of the new computing power or is it just the same old stuff with slightly less/more chances to crash or go out of memory range?

Seethe

Arbiter
anyway, my question is: did the 64 bit bring any good, new, interesting mod which makes use of the new computing power or is it just the same old stuff with slightly less/more chances to crash or go out of memory range?

There is no SKSE(Script Extender) for 64. Therefore, the modding is vastly inferior because a lot of complex mods require SKSE, such as Sky UI.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
F4hcPVe.jpg

No wonder I don't play khajiit, the tail animations were made by retards.
The same retards who thought lizard and cat men would ever be ok?

There is no SKSE(Script Extender) for 64. Therefore, the modding is vastly inferior because a lot of complex mods require SKSE, such as Sky UI.

i was hoping that by now skse would have been long updated and a whole new generation of mods would have been born.
how naive.

roll-a-die

Magister

i was hoping that by now skse would have been long updated and a whole new generation of mods would have been born.
how naive.
64-bit executables are long, and have a lot more registers to check than 32bit ones. Beyond that, then you have the translation phase I think they call it. Where mod authors go in and deobfuscate the code they specifically want to use and extend. SKSE64 is supposedly at the stage where the decomp is done, the registers are set, and they just need to go in and reinput all of the functions to work correctly. Ian is the guy who does the decomp, he's done his work, Behippo is supposed to go on with the deobfuscation and implemention of the main core functions. But no ones heard of him in about 5 months. After him, there's a stage where people start further deobfuscating specific functions for their own mods to use. Thing is everyone with the skill to deobfuscate and extend the actual end-developer codebase, like say the SkyUI guys(Mainly Snakster), don't want to do it. Because it's fucking tedious, and requires a lot of busy work. That's already been done in SKSE for oldrim. They've moved on to other projects, or have straight out abandoned Bethesda modding as a whole.

circ

Arcane

how naive.
64-bit executables are long, and have a lot more registers to check than 32bit ones. Beyond that, then you have the translation phase I think they call it. Where mod authors go in and deobfuscate the code they specifically want to use and extend. SKSE64 is supposedly at the stage where the decomp is done, the registers are set, and they just need to go in and reinput all of the functions to work correctly. Ian is the guy who does the decomp, he's done his work, Behippo is supposed to go on with the deobfuscation and implemention of the main core functions. But no ones heard of him in about 5 months. After him, there's a stage where people start further deobfuscating specific functions for their own mods to use. Thing is everyone with the skill to deobfuscate and extend the actual end-developer codebase, like say the SkyUI guys(Mainly Snakster), don't want to do it. Because it's fucking tedious, and requires a lot of busy work. That's already been done in SKSE for oldrim. They've moved on to other projects, or have straight out abandoned Bethesda modding as a whole.
Ya well. F4SE was out within months of Fallout 4's release. It still doesn't have Papyrus enhancements, but enough core functions that made a port of Racemenu possible and a few others. FOSE is more advanced than SKSE, but nothing close to OBSE, but if anything that would make porting take even longer.

Most likely someone if not all the SKSE team has been paid off by Zenimax to stall production because of Creation Club, because that seems to be the only hindrance for SSE modding to take off a little more, and would make CC more or less pointless.

SSE modding like FO4 is more or less in the gutter. FO4 modding consists mostly of weapons and armor. Weapons and armor that don't fit the setting at all for the most part. SSE modding consists mostly of shitty ports that are mostly abandoned the moment they're released because the modder doesn't know shit about the mod they ported, or atleast the indepth systems.

"What do you mean the water records are incorrect? What are water records?"

"What's a navmesh? LOL"

"So it has the wrong version number LOL so what your game won't crash. I think."

roll-a-die

Magister

how naive.
Ya well. F4SE was out within months of Fallout 4's release. It still doesn't have Papyrus enhancements, but enough core functions that made a port of Racemenu possible and a few others. FOSE is more advanced than SKSE, but nothing close to OBSE, but if anything that would make porting take even longer.
Yes, F4SE got to the point where people have started exposing papyrus functions. Hence why Racemenu just got ported. The problem with SKSE64, is that they didn't release an executable for it. Because the current team is either busy with other stuff. Or the person/people with the repo accesses is stuck on the whole, "Full Working Release all at once" that they were talking about initially. The team is MIA or caught up essentially.
Most likely someone if not all the SKSE team has been paid off by Zenimax to stall production because of Creation Club, because that seems to be the only hindrance for SSE modding to take off a little more, and would make CC more or less pointless.
Laughable conspiracy theories.
SSE modding like FO4 is more or less in the gutter. FO4 modding consists mostly of weapons and armor. Weapons and armor that don't fit the setting at all for the most part. SSE modding consists mostly of shitty ports that are mostly abandoned the moment they're released because the modder doesn't know shit about the mod they ported, or atleast the indepth systems.
Indeed. Though FO4 does have some very interesting stuff going on with Mods like Sim Settlements, Horizon 1.0 and FourPlay coming out recently. SSE is a stagnant pile of dogshit though. With shaders that are interfering with getting high functioning ENB's up and running.
"What do you mean the water records are incorrect? What are water records?"

"What's a navmesh? LOL"

"So it has the wrong version number LOL so what your game won't crash. I think."
Quite laughable complaints, I actually remember reading through an SSE mod that got ported early, and all of the world spaces were upside down. They had the best response, "I don't know how to fix it easily, go play the Oldrim Version"[/QUOTE]

ArchAngel

Arcane
So mods like SkyUI5 do not work with Skyrim Special Edition and you need to play Legendary Edition to use it?

EDIT: seems after reading a bit I probably want to use Legendary Edition and install HD mod instead

Last edited:

Grizzlor

Novice
Fertility Mode
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13068/?
Adds a menstrual cycle to the women of Skyrim for role play purposes. Tracked women proceed through the menstrual cycle and can become pregnant as well as give birth to babies.
For the best experience, the following additional mod(s) are recommended:
  • Flower Girls SE: Adds an immersive way to have sex in Skyrim. Fertility Mode is compatible with an optional patch.
13068-12-1508680120.jpg

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Fertility Mode
Adds a menstrual cycle to the women of Skyrim for role play purposes. Tracked women proceed through the menstrual cycle and can become pregnant as well as give birth to babies.

• Flower Girls SE: Adds an immersive way to have sex in Skyrim. Fertility Mode is compatible with an optional patch.
13068-12-1508680120.jpg

You should realistically have less magicka and health, not more.

circ

Arcane
Shitty mod is shitty. Well, mod authors try and all. Are there new beds being created for new babies? New houses? Crops can't even feed the villages they're in. Body textures can't handle pregnant meshes. And much more.

Fuck this mediocre half-assed shit.

DraQ

Arcane
Fertility Mode

13068-12-1508680120.jpg
I refuse to attempt to understand what's going on in the heads of modders making this kind of stuff.
I fear I would not be able to find my way back and get trapped in a world of
:prosper:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom