Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Just a heads up: Onirim by Asmodee Digital is now free and it probably won’t last forever.

If you’ve never heard of it, Onirim is a solitaire card game published by Z-Man Games in which you play a dreamer trying to escape his dream by finding eight doors — somewhat reminiscent of the Dreamlands of H.P. Lovecraft albeit far less horrific. You do this by matching cards of the same colour and dealing with Nightmares hidden in the deck that force you to select one of four penalties.

The app version is superb and makes for a simple but engaging game that plays fast but often requires tough decisions on your part, with very cute art and music. The only drawback I could see at release was that the app only contained the base game while the second edition came with seven expansions in the box that could be used independently or combined, but it seems this should be addressed soon as the devs recently released one expansion, The Glyphs, for free and said others were coming (likely as an in-app purchase but nothing has been said about it yet).

It was already cheap since its initial release date, but being now free there really is little reason not to pick it up. It seems the IOS version is also getting the same treatment and can be grabbed for free as well.

Last edited:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
The promotion ends tomorrow, so if you haven’t picked Onirim yet do yourself a favour and do it now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's hardly like you need to spend your entire pension on it. It's one single dorrah.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I know. I bought it when it was originally released and I don’t regret it. I was just bringing this to the local attention because I know it would be right down the Codex’s alley. Being free was just icing on the cake.

In other news, the first entry in the Sorcery! series by Inkle is free for now. This thread is now about deals for Android board games and related.

The Catan app is also on sale right now.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why isn't Sorcery!!!!1!1!1! more famous? It has amazing production value and gameplay seems to be on par with The Banner Saga.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Carcassonne is also discounted: 75% off. That said, it appears the license will soon go from Exozet to Asmodee Digital and they intend to bring their own version of this classic. I bought it in a previous sale and had fun with it but it has its quirks, and since Asmodee has been on a roll these past few months I would expect the new version to be great. In any case, this one is still a faithful adaptation of the board game, though you need to pay for the expansions. Whether you should buy this version with a heavy discount or wait for the new Asmodee one is up to you.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I was going to post that: Onirim has remained free after the last sale and even got a Steam release. You can still get the Glyphs expansion for free with two new expansions available for a song: Crossroads and Dead Ends as well as The Door to the Oniverse. All three expansions can be activated together or separately.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Asmodee is giving out Steam keys for Mysterium and Ticket to Ride on Steam. The event already started but will continue until the 20th. The catch is there is a limited number of keys each day, on a “first come, first served” basis, and you can claim only one. Still, a chance to win free stuff is never a bad thing. You need an Asmodee account to participate.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Tsuro is currently discounted. It’s a rather light but fun abstract game where you lay down tiles to form path and hopefully push your opponents out while you stay in until the end. I’m typically not a fan of player elimination mechanic but I tend to tolerate it when the game plays and ends fast enough. As a bit of a gimmick, you get to unbox the game in the app; it isn’t much but it has a nice feel to it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I guess that counts as a deal: Lords of Waterdeep was finally released on Android and Steam (and updated on iOS), and the price is discounted for the occasion. The Android and iOS versions are currently $5 instead of $10, and while the Steam version will go for $15 later, it is currently discounted by 30%. It’s a bit pricey but it is the adaptation a fantastic game and Playdek has been providing support for their previous titles, so you should consider it if you like board games of that ilk.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Handelabra Games is having a sale. Their newest addition, the baseball-themed Bottom of the 9th is currently discounted and you can get it for both Android and iOS. It has also been released on Steam and is also on sale, albeit at a higher price.

Handelabra Games is mostly known for their adaptation of Sentinels of the Multiverse which you can get for a song until the end of the week. The discount applies to the Android version, iOS, and Steam—the latter is free to play until Sunday if you feel like trying it. The first season pass is also discounted.

Not a discount but Asmodee also recently released Harald. That game was a total surprise as I had never heard of it, but it is a nifty little thing, not too light and not too heavy, filling just the right spot when you are in that sort of mood. The art is also beautiful and will awaken your inner furry. You can get it on Android, iOS, and Steam.

Last edited:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Asmodee Digital is having a sale! Pretty much all of their games are on sale, except the most recent releases like Smash Up or Harald. But others, like Ticket to Ride, Splendor, or Pandemic, are pretty much inexpensive now. That also applies to other titles which were originally published by other companies but are now in the Asmodee family, such as Twilight Struggle.

Just head over to the Asmodee page and make your choice. I haven’t really checked but I imagine the iOS Asmodee page is offering similar discounts.

Edit: Ticket to Ride isn’t discounted, but since the sale doesn’t seem to have been officially announced yet, I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets discounted later.

Last edited:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Aye, that one is cool! Between that and Race for the Galaxy, we got some quality releases lately. Harald was also a nice surprise.

mastroego

Arcane
damn it all for tablets?
No PC?

EDIT Race for the Galaxy and the Waterdeep games at least are on Steam.
Add to wishlist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom