Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wouldn't say D:OS' combat is shit, it's the only genuinely good part of that game

It doesn't have that many meaningful decisions to make once you know the right spell-spamming patterns.
Well it is heavily dependant on the terrain.Also i do hope that the second game have better writing and story.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
11 days to release, and to the top of the mountain:

QBwHSsU.jpg
tO0odoy.jpg

Yeah, it's not yet crowded holiday season but.

It's like a AAA game is rising up the chart because of pre-order rush before the release.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
They will have so much money, they will toss it out at once, because they are so happy about it ... and then they have none. Oh, the hybris :lol:.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am tempted to buy it/pre-order it on gog.But man must live by his principles,so i will buy it once it comes out even if i know that i will like it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Short PAX West preview: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/divinity-original-sin-2-pax,35378.html

Larian Studios is nearing the finish line on the development of Divinity: Original Sin 2. However, the studio still managed to have a presence at PAX West this weekend, where it showed a new build of the upcoming game.

The demo we saw focused on one of the game's major features: multiple approaches to solving a problem. In this case, it was finding out information about an attack on a small convoy. The only survivor was a female dwarf, and she was traumatized by the event. The leader of the player’s party, who was the newly announced undead character, talked to the dwarf but was unable to extract any important information. The group had to use a different method to find out what happened to the convoy.

Each character in the party could harness Source power, which in this case helped out because it allowed the protagonists to see the ghosts of those who died in the ambush. One particular creature of interest among the specters was a bull. With the Pet Pal perk, the undead leader questioned the animal about the convoy attack. This wasn’t helpful either, because the bull opted to play the role of a fortune teller rather than being the witness the party needed.

With those options wasted, the party had to take a more radical approach to solve the predicament. We were told that the traumatized woman would have better responses if she talked to a fellow dwarf. Unfortunately, none of the characters in the party were of the dwarven race, so a wardrobe change was in order, so to speak. One of the characters carried a strange mechanism called a Face Ripper. As the name suggests, it can tear off the face of any dead person. By using the device on a dead dwarf, one of the characters carved out the dwarf’s face and combined it with a Source orb to craft a mask. This mask was powerful because it now allowed any character to shapeshift into a dwarf (Valar morghulis, Game of Thrones fans). As it turns out, this tactic actually worked, and the female dwarf finally revealed that the attackers were Voidwoken, terrifying beings who appear only in the wake of the use of a Source-based power.

This type of quest solving is different than the usual methods you see in today’s games. Usually, even though there are multiple ways to complete a mission, those paths are already revealed to you. Divinity: Original Sin 2 also provides different avenues for you to succeed (or fail) a mission, but some of these ideas require you to think outside the box. It never occurred to us that talking to the ghost of a bull or ripping the face off of a dead dwarf was an acceptable method of retrieving intel. Neverthless, Larian Studios placed it in the game in order to allow players to experiment with their party’s abilities, talents, and items throughout the journey.

You won’t have to wait long to try the full version of the game for yourself. Divinity: Original Sin 2will be available on September 15.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Tried out a summoner. It went better than expected. The summoning skills don't scale with any stat, so I put everything into constitution. Summoners need a lot of skills- totem, incarnate, incarnate buffs- so I took mnemotic for three extra memory. Sword/shield weapon. Shields provide a lot of armor and can refill it during battle, and during Fort Joy when you have little armor the bonus from a shield is huge.

Summoning incarnates with magic attacks is very helpful at penetrating magic armor. A summoner would therefore make good support for wizards, and the wizard can help by laying down surfaces.

Summons can't act on the turn they're spawned but seem to always move first on the next turn. If your summoner goes first and summons a totem, the totem has low HP so it's going to get killed before it can shoot. It's best to delay your turn. Wits is a dump stat.

Incarnate is 3 TU's and Totem is 2 TU's. You only get 4 TU's a round so you have to make a decision of which one you want on turn 1, unless you summoned an incarnate already before the battle. Taking 1 point in Scoundrel for Adrenaline Rush or playing an elf for Flesh Sacrifice to boost your TU's would help.

Taking the sword was a bad idea. You probably will want to summon a totem every turn so you can't waste TU's moving around. Wands or a bow would be best- both can lay a surface too. Crossbow wouldn't work because that's 3 TU's to shoot.

A melee character might also benefit from taking 1 point in summoning and learning only Totem, giving them a ranged option that would work every turn for those times when they have little to do and closing isn't an option.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want to have a quest where someone mistrusts that I aintn't dead and requres that I drink a healing potion as a test, but I can drink a fake healing potion which I crafted and thus trick the NPC.

Fry

Arcane
Really curious what the budget is for this thing now.

Voice actors must work cheap in Europe.

Fry

Arcane
The ones we've heard so far sound very British. I imagine that's who you hire if you're in Europe and you need English-language VO.

The relevant point is, they must work for a fraction of what US-based actors charge. Either that or their budget is far higher than I would have guessed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The ones we've heard so far sound very British. I imagine that's who you hire if you're in Europe and you need English-language VO.

The relevant point is, they must work for a fraction of what US-based actors charge. Either that or their budget is far higher than I would have guessed.
Or maybe their HR is not incompetent,and went on a journey to find good VA that are not famous.Still the american game making price is highly overblown,i wouldn't be surprise if in the next 5-10 years there is a crash of the AAA market.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Well British people are probably more likely to teach English in Europe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom