Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detroit: Become Human - new David Cage game

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The guy likes Minority Report, I guess.

Angthoron

Arcane
At least they can write off their usual uncanny valley stuff through "They're androids, bro" this time.

Ebonsword

Arcane
The trailer looks kind of cool, but is this basically going to be the video game equivalent of a Choose Your Own Adventure book?

nabooti.jpg

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Hey Cage, just spend a day or two in Detroit. You'll soon realize the futility of your request.:positive:

Boleskine

Arcane

"I have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that I'm going to play through, you're going to play through, and we're going to have wildly different stories and outcomes at the end which is super exciting."
"I'm so scared after so many years of playing Telltale games that that will not happen, but maybe this is like the first game to really get it right."

:stunned:

Destroy the gaming industry.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There is nothing wrong with the David Cage approach to video game. What is wrong is Cage's approach to writing. The demo of Fahrenheit was all kinds of awesome, mainly because it didn't show you how retarded the story would get.

DeepOcean

Arcane
There is nothing wrong with the David Cage approach to video game. What is wrong is Cage's approach to writing. The demo of Fahrenheit was all kinds of awesome, mainly because it didn't show you how retarded the story would get.
After Fahrenheit I gave up on the game as movie thing. Yes, there is the technology but the writing talent isn't there, what Cage produced later doesn't get much better. The trailer about the android riot looked forced as fuck. David Cage talking of emutions is silly, he doesn't get much the difference of emotions and melodrama as 95% of the hack writers of the world.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Lives in a shit-hole, can afford super advanced robot.

You wonder why poverty would even exist in a world where armies of slave robots do all the menial work.

Well, you certainly don't need a crystalball to know that La Cage is going to take the world by storm with his ultimate anti-capitalist masterpiece. Indeed, I hope it sells like shit, comrade Cage.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lives in a shit-hole, can afford super advanced robot.

You wonder why poverty would even exist in a world where armies of slave robots do all the menial work.

Well, you certainly don't need a crystalball to know that La Cage is going to take the world by storm with his ultimate anti-capitalist masterpiece. Indeed, I hope it sells like shit, comrade Cage.
There is a good possibility of that happening. Looking at sales,a lot of gamers have become cynical.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The trailer looks kind of cool, but is this basically going to be the video game equivalent of a Choose Your Own Adventure book?

nabooti.jpg

Moar like choice and consequence the video game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom