Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline What is the worst RPG of all time?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Not of all time but in recent memory I'd say Wave of Darkness.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Plus whatever iznaliu likes which is probably shit

You seem to be very upset about my comments about Grimoire needing some improvement. But of course, everything that Cleve produces must be perfect, even when Cleve himself says it could do with some work.

Let me prove how what you're saying is unreliable:

On your profile, it says your location is "The age of the Golden Baby". Well an age is a period of time, not a location.

You could name a location that, but it doesn't seem to exist:

We could not find The age of the Golden Baby

Make sure your search is spelled correctly. Try adding a city, state, or zip code.
to Google Maps.

More Google search results for The age of the Golden Baby

The Google search results are here. One look at them is very telling.

Leitz

Learned
Plus whatever iznaliu likes which is probably shit

You seem to be very upset about my comments about Grimoire needing some improvement. But of course, everything that Cleve produces must be perfect, even when Cleve himself says it could do with some work.

On your profile, it says your location is "The age of the Golden Baby". Well an age is a period of time, not a location.

We could not find The age of the Golden Baby

Make sure your search is spelled correctly. Try adding a city, state, or zip code.
to Google Maps.

More Google search results for The age of the Golden Baby

What's up with the reddit spacing you faggot?

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted

Yeah some english as a second language dickhead is going to correct someone in trip nine :lol: You already proved you are English-incompetent a hundred times by now, what on earth is wrong with your brain? Well, you're wrong, big shock. Now please don't ever deface language by telling people how you think it's supposed to work ever again.

Moreover you obviously don't care about games except to push retardo agendas, you can't even name any games you've played and if you did you couldn't talk about them. Please kill yourself and stop clogging up the board with your insane nonsense.

mbv123

Arbiter
I don't waste my time with shit games but the worst RPG that I HAVE played is definitely Oblivion

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From those polls I've been doing, statistically the worst cRPGs that lots of people have played are:

1. Dungeon Siege
2. Dungeon Siege 2

Both of which no-one has yet mentioned. Both getting vastly worse scores than the much mentioned PoR:RoMD, Ultima 9, M&M 9 and even Lionheart.

My pick would be Dragon Age 2. Honestly don't see how this isn't in everyone's posts somewhere (excluding that 2% of weirdos who like it of course). The worst aspect of Dragon Age 2 was there was no game breaking bugs to at least give you an excuse to go back to desktop and stop playing, you had to actively deny yourself a sense of completion via death by a thousand cuts, never knowing for sure if the 576th was the one to tip you over or if you'd just give it till the 580th.

I enjoyed Dungeon Siege when I was 13 or so.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Fallout 3 (considered an rpg for the sake of argument), while not technically the worst, it's the one that simply shouldn't have been.

Remember when you first got wind of it ? Just that first NMA headline or title somewhere ? That was something wasn't it ? Like a gorgeous woman coming towards you, that look in her eyes saying "We're going to have some fun, you and me". You have been waiting for her, you want her, and she wants you. It's finally happening.
So you click the link and she promptly takes out a sledgehammer and smashes you in the groin.
"Gotcha bitch....BUKAKKE PARTY AT MY PLACE EVERYBODY!"

From YES to FUCK in about 5 seconds, classic.

:deadhorse:Fuck you bethasde:deadhorse:

Same fucking thing with the Syndicate reboot, "It's back!" *click* "It's a shooter now!". Fuckers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The one that you enjoy!

Now seriously:
-Dungeon Siege + Legends of Aranna
-Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World
-Dungeon Siege 3 + Treasures of the Sun

DS1 - on paper it's great, with working AI doing all your job all you do is... nothing. Cinematic Experience My Ass.
DS2 - boring and uninspired button masher in MMO style.
DS3 - console action RPG with fuked camera and control, it's amazing Obsidian screwed something simple like that. On the contrary - it's the least bugged game from them...

And there is Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony which is average action RPG for console and it's the only DungSiege worth your time if you ever consider trying any DS.

Darkion

Augur
That would be Legends of Valour.

Almost all the games people mentioned here are games that were partly bad, disappointing or not someone's cup of tea, but their crappiness were mostly self-contained. Legends of Valour was not only a mess of disassociated art styles, bad design and clunky game-play, it left a legacy. It has been cited as being influential in the development of Elder Scrolls: Arena. So you if you hate Oblivion then remember that Legends of Valour was part of the start of the Decline and worthy of the title of Worst RPG ever.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What. I don't remember much but I think Legends of Valour was pretty solid. Then again my memories are extremelly vague, lost in the mists of my personal videogame prehistory.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Worst one I played was definitely DA:O
Is it the only game you ever played?
no
And what is your favourite rpg?Pong maybe?
not sure, warband/gothic/bloodlines is my top3 probably

While not condemning your choice of games, I mean Gothic, for instance, is a top codex RPG, it does seem notable that you don't hold party-based RPG'ing in your idea of pinnacle. This could be why DA:O sucks for you more than the average. DA:O wasn't a great game, but it wasn't complete shit either, it was kind of the definition of RPG-by-the-numbers. It didn't enthral, but it didn't entirely disappoint either. Perhaps you are allergic to the premise of an RPG at its most basic level so that when one comes along that just gives you a regular RPG at its most basic level you react like its poison?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dragon Age: Inquisition. That game broke something inside of me.

There are probably at least twenty other RPGs that are objectively worse in some way, but the entire cultural context of that game bothers me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom