Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Did Corporate Jew Master Leave

Archibald

Arcane
It is stupid to argue about how important lifting or whatever is. Each person is unique and you can't really give a generic explanation for such things. For all we know he was deeply depressed individual who was holding himself together solely due to his lifting, once that was gone he was unable to cope with rest of the shit and spiralled into suicide. Either way we will never know for sure why he did what he did and I'm not sure if its cool to speculate on why someone killed himself.

Andhaira

Arcane
Stuffing yourself with steroids, hormones and bullshit isn't sport.
He lifted, came to uni on a rugby scholarship and trained MMA for as long as I knew him. Those qualify as sports last I checked.

You knew him in RL? In Germany or Greece?

Also, wsa he really injured long term I was under the impression he had a minor injury and it was mostly depression and dissatisfaction with life and internet addiction that was getting to him.

thesoup

Arcane
Stuffing yourself with steroids, hormones and bullshit isn't sport.
He lifted, came to uni on a rugby scholarship and trained MMA for as long as I knew him. Those qualify as sports last I checked.

You knew him in RL? In Germany or Greece?

Also, wsa he really injured long term I was under the impression he had a minor injury and it was mostly depression and dissatisfaction with life and internet addiction that was getting to him.
Nah, just online. I don't really have any details on the injury, don't think I asked. I don't think it was crippling, but yeah, he had more things going on than just that. There probably wasn't a single cause, but we'll never know for sure.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well if you're a "serious athlete" maybe suicide should actually be among the first priorities of your things-to-do list
Have you ever excelled at anything?

also, again what Cool name said, once your most important part of your life breaks away everything can spiral out of control rather easily, especially if your life was fragile to begin with
rating_negativeman.png

Apparently most serious athletes would hypothetically accept death within 24 months if it meant a gold medal/success in their respective fields, I suppose many athletes have that obsessive trait.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Problem is you need 2 to 3 days off in between lifting. You can't do it every day realistically. Maybe if you're on roids or something.

who the fuck told you this? Probably some other faggot nerd right? you should be physically active ESPECIALLY when you're sore. the problem is ur just gonna have to replace your futa suck sessions with something actually challenging to your weak ass character. MUH TIME! I CAN ONLY WORK OUT ONCE A YEAR!!

Grimlorn

Arcane
Problem is you need 2 to 3 days off in between lifting. You can't do it every day realistically. Maybe if you're on roids or something.

who the fuck told you this? Probably some other faggot nerd right? you should be physically active ESPECIALLY when you're sore. the problem is ur just gonna have to replace your futa suck sessions with something actually challenging to your weak ass character. MUH TIME! I CAN ONLY WORK OUT ONCE A YEAR!!
While it is common knowledge that you need 48 to 72 hours to recover. I've actually done it. I've lifted weights even though it was light and high rep every day before. One hour in the morning and one hour at night. My body eventually got adrenal fatigue after a few weeks.

kris

Arcane
When a large part of how you've seen yourself for years is tied up in being the strongest, the fastest, etc. suddenly losing it all and being helpless to do anything about it hits hard. Combine that with the loss of good brain chemical release from exercise and loss of a big social outlet, and you've got a recipe for a really shitty time.

You gonna hate getting older.

(I know I do)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I didn't know this guy well but he seemed genuinely nice when he wasn't being a typical sarcastic Codexer. Even then he had what seemed to be a good sense of humor. Young guy, really sad he decided to end his own life.

All I can say I guess is that I hope God eases his family's suffering from the loss in due time.

Rest in peace, sir.

Edit: Speaking of sarcasm...

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Anyone got highlights of his? For some reason I have a blank space where his codex persona should be, can't remember anything except for his autistic room/face pics.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When a large part of how you've seen yourself for years is tied up in being the strongest, the fastest, etc. suddenly losing it all and being helpless to do anything about it hits hard. Combine that with the loss of good brain chemical release from exercise and loss of a big social outlet, and you've got a recipe for a really shitty time.

(I know I do)

Inject T.

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

(I know I do)
Nah, when you get older you just need to reset your expectations.

There are plenty of powerlifters who continue lifting into their 50s at least, probably even older. Nassim Nicholas Taleb is 60+ and still lifting and fasting.

You are unlikely to break any records or win any non-masters competitions but you can maintain good health and strength.

A sport that requires more explosiveness etc would be harder of course.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
SUICIDE rates among males are at their highest level since 2001, according to Samaritans.

The charity said every 52 seconds, every day, Samaritans helps a person who is feeling suicidal.

More than 6,000 people die by suicide every year in the UK.

Nearly 80 per cent are men and male suicide rates are now at their highest level since 2001.

However, the majority of people who feel suicidal do not actually want to die.

They do not want to live the life they have, which is why talking through other options at the right time is so vital.

“We already know that men are at high risk of suicide across all age groups, but particularly men under 50 – a compelling reason why men should be encouraged to talk through their concerns with a professional counsellor.

“Men have emotional needs in exactly the same way as women: they feel things such as anger, grief, shame, sadness and anxiety in the same way.

“The difference is men feel the need to keep their emotions secret, adding feelings of shame and isolation to the emotional mix.

“Traditionally, more women than men have sought counselling, and this is in itself not a surprise.

“The concept of talking about feelings and exploring emotional and psychological difficulties has, for many years, been seen as a ‘female’ rather than ‘male’ trait.

“Thankfully things are beginning to change with more men seeking counselling and seeing it as both a positive and relevant source of help.”

If you're concerned about suicidal thoughts, you can contact the Samaritans anytime - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/832341/male-suicide-rates-UK-Samaritans-therapy

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have a vague memory of CJM being one of those guys who ridiculed suicides as weak and cowardly during one or more Shoutbox discussions a year or two ago. It's not a strictly unethical opinion, but ironic if all true.

Well, no matter. Death is the great equalizer. I never truly knew much about him, but CJM was a forceful persona on the Codex, and now the man behind the curtain is gone, and that's a shame.

RIP :salute:

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I have bad news.

bzby8q7.png

:cry:
What assurance do we have that CJM = this "Michail" dude?

I believe absolutely nothing posted here unless corroborated and confirmed by a non-Codex source.

Edit: The above image also mentions nothing about suicide.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom