Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Did Corporate Jew Master Leave

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
First, nobody who seriously has to stay at home due to an injury preventing working out would ever consider killing himself because of that - happened to my roommate once, he couldn't play basketball for months but nobody would ever imagine he'd even think about killing himself.

Second, a person like CJM wouldn't start gaining weight just because he's confined between four walls - he was one of the gurus of intermittent fasting here and knew that losing/gaining weight can be fully controlled through diet alone better than anyone else. No, if he started getting fat was because he didn't care, not because he had no choice.

You must be really naive to have believed such explanations.
Not really. Lifting is an extreme antidepressant and especially if you're in a deep depression and don't have other outlets and friends and if lifting is an extremely important part of your life that gives you confidence and excellence suicide can become an option.

Holy shit the site headline was real.
Truly, truly sorry to hear this. No reason whatsoever to do this at a young age. Life can turn several times still.
Sad news indeed, kind of surreal too :(
Unlikely. Nothing ever really changes, especially if you are a severely damaged person.
I'd have probably offed myself, too, if I didn't learn it was against the laws of the Universe.

Cool name

Arcane
First, nobody who seriously has to stay at home due to an injury preventing working out would ever consider killing himself because of that - happened to my roommate once, he couldn't play basketball for months but nobody would ever imagine he'd even think about killing himself.
Bullshit.

Injury that prevents someone from working out for a long time can really fuck you up hard if you were a very serious athlete. Especially if it's the kind that'll prevent you from ever likely reaching where you were before.

When a large part of how you've seen yourself for years is tied up in being the strongest, the fastest, etc. suddenly losing it all and being helpless to do anything about it hits hard. Combine that with the loss of good brain chemical release from exercise and loss of a big social outlet, and you've got a recipe for a really shitty time.

If you don't have a good social support network (friends, family, gf, etc to keep you on a somewhat even keel) it could easily lead to depression and the accompanying downward spiral in every other area of life. You know, the kind of shit that might result in say, not leaving your apartment, letting it get full of garbage, declining into shitty habits that lead to weight gain, posting over 1000 serious posts on Lookism, and yes suicide.

Maybe your roommate wasn't an ultra serious basketball player, maybe he just wasn't the suicidal type (I know that personally no matter how miserable I've been, the instinctive horror I feel re: mortality is strong enough that I've never considered it as an option), maybe he was just good at hiding how fucked up that situation can feel, or maybe he's just good at rolling with life's punches. Not everyone will be the same as him.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well if you're a "serious athlete" maybe suicide should actually be among the first priorities of your things-to-do list
Have you ever excelled at anything?

also, again what Cool name said, once your most important part of your life breaks away everything can spiral out of control rather easily, especially if your life was fragile to begin with
rating_negativeman.png

Grimlorn

Arcane

Second, a person like CJM wouldn't start gaining weight just because he's confined between four walls - he was one of the gurus of intermittent fasting here and knew that losing/gaining weight can be fully controlled through diet alone better than anyone else. No, if he started getting fat was because he didn't care, not because he had no choice.

You must be really naive to have believed such explanations.
Not really. Lifting is an extreme antidepressant and especially if you're in a deep depression and don't have other outlets and friends and if lifting is an extremely important part of your life that gives you confidence and excellence suicide can become an option.
Problem is you need 2 to 3 days off in between lifting. You can't do it every day realistically. Maybe if you're on roids or something.

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane
also, again what Cool name said, once your most important part of your life breaks away everything can spiral out of control rather easily, especially if your life was fragile to begin with
rating_negativeman.png
it doesn't even need to be the most important, just important enough.

Yes, many things. Never had been into sports, thanks to god who doesn't exist
sports are an infinitely superior pursuit to RPGs

also infinitely superior to pointless non-sequitur atheism-signalling

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Thor Kaufman

Just pretend you killed yourself, regretted it, and got another chance. Best deal.
Ego death, bro. Ego death.

it doesn't even need to be the most important, just important enough.

sports are an infinitely superior pursuit to RPGs

also infinitely superior to pointless non-sequitur atheism-signalling
most important, important enough, same difference. I was just agreeing with you that once an integral part of life, be it diet, social relations, excellence, exercise breaks apart the rest is easy to follow.

Also, if you have never experienced the importance of heavy lifting and team sports/military/whatever you haven't lived life.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Did he ever take a doping test?

Because doing all this nonsense without medical supervision is probably worse than no sports at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom