Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Did Corporate Jew Master Leave

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think you could help Irenaeus. From the fact that he is apparently now paying 3rd world people to leave ratings for him, he seems to be very close to the edge too.

So you are telling me I can contact him so he would pay me for leaving rating for him right

Good, I am actually looking for additional income right now :lol:

kris

Arcane
One of my best friends committed suicide. And I can tell you that in most cases it's something that has to do with illness, real physical illness, and there is nothing other people can do about it. First he could no longer move his leg, but did not go to the doctor, until he was walking on crutches and it took 45 minutes to walk down the stairs to a store in the same street. Then he started seeing badly and at some point sometimes lost control of his sphincter. I don't know to this day what he got, he became so morose and owed me a lot of money, that we broke off contact about 1 year before his departure. But one of the last things he told me on the phone was that he was in a wheelchair and I could also deduce that the was almost blind. I later learned that he jumped from a window a few days before his 30th birthday.

I was under the clear impression that it is almost always a mental issue leading to suicide, not a physical one. Almost every case I ever heard was about people with no physical issues. Whether people really commit suicide or not is something really basic in their mind, in their survival instinct. Some basically just are more likely to do it under the right circumstances, while others will never do it under and any circumstance.

the friend you talk about. I can understand him. A detoriation like that is real hard on even the strongest mind.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It's scary to lose someone like that and not know why. My sympathy goes to his family.

His posts are thankfully still here, but he deleted all his puush pics so we don't even have pics of him anymore, unless someone saved.

I just remember him looking like paul gauguin in his last pics

PaulGauguin384.jpg

Bocian

Arcane
It was a legitimate question at the time. I had no idea why people were assuming he would commit suicide. And having a woman who barely knows you message you like that wouldn't have helped at all.
No, no, I totally see from where you are coming.

Honestly, Codexers talk so much bullshit (me included) that it becomes a situation of "boy who cried wolf".

The problem is that now, all the Codexers who make death threats and threats of violence over petty things no longer seem boneless or harmless.

So now we'll turn the codex into a safe space so no one will kill themselves?

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Goodbye my friend. I wish you hadn't done that or at least told me what was bugging you when I asked. I thought I might have travelled to Greece some day and seen you in some dusty village but that was not to be. May you come to find peace.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goodbye my friend. I wish you hadn't done that or at least told me what was bugging you when I asked. I thought I might have travelled to Greece some day and seen you in some dusty village but that was not to be. May you come to find peace.

Don't feel too bad.

He seemed pretty set on what he was gonna do, I doubt anyone could have talked him out of it.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
this is out character, but well... if anyone else is harboring similar thoughts, I don't know you and I don't know your situation, but one thing I know and can promise you: it gets better. It really does.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
And having a woman who barely knows you message you like that wouldn't have helped at all.

Are you in some twisted thinking hinting I somehow contributed to his suicide?

I was just reading the signs. Cutting all contacts even to online friends, sounding more and more depressed over time including his last pictures in the member picture thread. Don't tell me I did wrong, I'm heartbroken he killed himself and I know no one here could have helped him by writing anything. But at least I said something. Asshole.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
And having a woman who barely knows you message you like that wouldn't have helped at all.

I was just reading the signs. Cutting all contacts even to online friends, sounding more and more depressed over time including his last pictures in the member picture thread. Don't tell me I did wrong, I'm heartbroken he killed himself and I know no one here could have helped him by writing anything. But at least I said something. Asshole.

see you bitch ur driving men to SUICIDE!!!

ur gettin ur ho smell all over these nerds and theyre freaking the fuck out

the only way u can make this right

is to get pounced on by me. forever.

Grimlorn

Arcane

Fuck off you stupid cunt. Not everything is about you.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

I think he just meant reaching out to him would not have been enough.

We didn't know him or were close to him. You did your best, but we all have very little power to sway his decision.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Fuck off you stupid cunt. Not everything is about you.

Leave her alone.

:whiteknight:

Andhaira

Arcane
Very sad news. :(

He was from Greece but studying in Germany? I guess that made him in his early 20s right, being in uni?

The signs of depression were obviously there, but the suicidal part wasn't apparent. In hindsight and reading his farewell posts though it seems obvious. He needed meds for a while to restore hormonal/chem imbalance in his brain, could have saved him.

If anyone else is in a same boat get some help (by that I mean see a shrink). Meds do work, and oft times in healthy individuals the problem is temporary.

Chris beddoes committed suicide too over some weird atheist chick he met from online after falling in love and getting rejected. Now they are both playing his arcanum mod in heaven.

Are you serious about this? Any proof? I knew Beddoes a bit from the Arcanum Inn on the old IGN boards around 17-18 years ago. Sad also is true.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
Are you serious about this? Any proof? I knew Beddoes a bit from the Arcanum Inn on the old IGN boards around 17-18 years ago. Sad also is true.

I saw it on another forum, fuckedcompany.com forums, before I even heard of arcanum. There were pics of him and also the girl (who was plain and looked like a serious bitch) and a memorial from his parents and all that. I just assumed everyone knew. I searched online when I saw he was a poster here but everything was deleted by then. And no, not trolling this is all 100% true.

Basically he talked to this girl online, she agreed to meet him and he traveled somewhere far like canada or something, and she met him at the door and told him she did not want to see him and didn't like him. then he killed himself, either there or soon after he came home.

Revenant

Cherchez la femme, obviously. How could've we been so naive as to assume he started drinking heavily and spiraled into such depression just on his own/because of the roids. Poor guy, got really unlucky as love really hurts in that 20-25 year range, I too have been in a such a near suicidal state because of a womyn. It's important to have real friends that talk you out of stupid things in such a situation, too bad he was probably alone as a dog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom