Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales from Candlekeep - turn-based dungeon crawler based on D&D Adventure System board game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ss_82f684ee4b10b5490e85dc14eb9a04aa7c92a735.jpg

ss_d5aef39a77ec9dc33baa629666a0d822af1b98fd.jpg

ss_bd9a4932247d650f1c9dfa9ad4ec5f6be7a97b93.jpg

Well, a turn-based D&D (Adventure System) game, and for PC, in a while! Though it seems like mostly digital adaptation of the board game.

Developed by a Canada studio called BKOM which has been developed licensed mobile games.

Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation, a turn-based dungeon-crawling game based on the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure System board games.

-- SETTING --

On the deadly peninsula of Chult, an adventuring party must fight their way through dangerous jungles, labyrinths and dungeons to find and reverse the cause of the death curse. Choose to play as one or more of the four adventurers (Artus Cimber, Asharra, Birdsong, and Dragonbait) to face many perilous challenges and deadly foes throughout the quest.

-- FEATURES --
  • Unique Quests: The procedural map generation allows every quest to remain unique even when replaying them multiple times.
  • Over 40 Quests: The game features a mix of Main Story quests and Side quests.
  • A board game experience brought to life: The game highlights most of the features from the popular board game, combined with features unique to the digital version.
  • Craft your way to Victory: Collect rare crafting materials. Craft powerful weapons and armors to strengthen your heroes.

-- DETAILS --
  • End Acererak’s reign of terror and bring peace to the region of Chult.
  • Master your heroes' capabilities and hone new strategies.
  • Explore and fight your way through perilous dungeons and jungles.
  • Face hordes of monsters and terrible villains.
  • Craft powerful weapons, armor, and accessories.
  • Level up and unlock new possibilities.
  • Find chests filled with treasures and materials.

https://talesfromcandlekeep.com/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminds me of Obsidian's Pathfinder game. I'm shocked that it's not already on the iOS app store.

What's with the pointless teaser? Show us some combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Prefabricated characters. No thanks."

Yup. that ended my interested. Defeats the big purpose of D&D. Creating your own character and roleplaying it. It can work in certain games (PST being the big example) but overall me create me own character good.

I might get it when it is cheap on GOG. I still haven't gotten M&M10 because it is STEAM only. Fuck STEAM.

Dyskolos

Cipher
I agree but I almost hope they just took the calculated cut of going with prefab so they could keep the whole thing balanced - realizing they weren't experienced enough to do it with a full range of options. Kills variety and replay even if they manage it but better than an unplayable mess.

DemonKing

Arcane
This looks more like something that would work better as a tablet game. I've played a couple of iterations of the boardgame and they're not that good - the combat is fairly abstract and not really tactical especially compared to more hardcore Dungeon Crawling games like Descent, Gloomhaven etc

I still haven't gotten M&M10 because it is STEAM only. Fuck STEAM.

Just get it on UPlay then and stop whinging. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
UPlay? Wut tha fuk is uplay? It sounds retartet. I prefer Iplay.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I don't think this is intended to be a full-sized game, it will likely sell for 10 dollars or something.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
"Prefabricated characters. No thanks."

Yup. that ended my interested. Defeats the big purpose of D&D. Creating your own character and roleplaying it.
Larpers like you ruining everything...
In a proper D&D video game you get to create your entire party from scratch, not only a single character eventually followed by his pregenerated friends.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had to check twice. I thought I saw wrong, but it actually was Candlekeep and nothing else in the name. I put in on my Steam wishlist just in case. Predefined characters for this time of game is a bit of a turnoff.

ColCol

Arcane
D&D has treated the brand like garbage when it comes to games.

Pre-generated characters, hedge trimming, sounds awful

Also for some unknown reason now I want to play Heroquest

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I own two of the D&D Adventure System board games and they are some of my fav board games ever. I'll be sure to buy this game. People worried about premade characters should be made aware that you can pick your skills so there is customization with tactical choice making in which skills you take. The skills and spells you take (and don't take) matter a lot in the board games, so I hope they will translate that into this game.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Turn-based DnD does sound promising, I hope it's not dumbed down as much as the generic mmo UI would suggest.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Looks terrible...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom