Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gwent: The Witcher Card game - standalone Gwent game - now with Rogue Mage standalone expansion

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mulligan is pretty bullshit, huh.

Anybody got any counter decks?

v1rus

Arcane
I dont care particularly about mulligan, no matter how strong it is. What seriously grinds my gear is that fucking tremor spam deck. Absolute fucking bullshit. Elven sage is a pretty bullshit card, and i cant figure out what it contributes to the game except spellateal spam.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I tried reveal, spy and milldecks as Nilfgaard. Reveal and spy decks are pretty okayish, but they are losing every time to armor NR or spell spammers. Millfgaard is pretty kewl, altough on lower ranks people tend to play such huge decks that it simply doesn't work the way it should.
Feels good to grab Tibor when enemy have no more cards in their deck ^^

My current opinion of that patch?Armor NR and spelldecks are huge now. I used to have much better results with Nilfgaard, but meta still have to settle.

hivemind

opened game after patch hit
made a mulligan deck after looking at the changes
won every game for 2 days straight

can stop playing until another balance patch comes out I guess

v1rus

Arcane
It will probably get better with time. Past meta wasnt so bad, even tho Dagons plagued it. Dagon wasnt nearly that OP, just plain strong, and easy to pilot, so everyone and their mother played it. During last two-three weeks meta got quite diverse at the 4200+ ranks, from my experience. Sure, statistically you faced Dagons and discard the most, but there was a decent deal of other decks too.

While Mulligan seems bullshit for now, it might be quite possible to amass such huge numbers with other classes. Spotters can easily hit 14 power, and Nilf got ton of utility to boot. Monsters will prolly manage, since they were so fucking insane last patch, NR is played completely differently and will thus prolly require more time to refine, but will prolly yield at least two viable archetypes. Only thing I'm scared for is Skellige, but they got some nice buffs too.

And that tremors fucking spam is just a fucking gimmick, and as such, will prolly get hammered sooner or later. Its prolly quest rogue of this expansion, of sorts.

Does the ranked matchmaking consider level at all? If not, is this normal for CCGs? This is my second CCG besides Shadow Era (and that had a really small community) so I lack a frame of reference.

I ask because I recently started playing ranked and am currently at rank 13, and am constantly getting matched to Level 30+ accounts that are mowing their way up the ladder since the season has just reset. It is very frustrating because these guys usually rape me, whereas I have a positive win ratio against people who are actually my level.

Should I just succ it up and git gud, or is the solution to wait a few weeks for the high level high-rank people to settle into their place in the ladder before playing ranked?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does the ranked matchmaking consider level at all? If not, is this normal for CCGs? This is my second CCG besides Shadow Era (and that had a really small community) so I lack a frame of reference.
It doesn't and yes, this is pretty normal. Just git gud.
remember to rope and emote spam every monster player, you can make a difference today!
Why though, monsters are shit now.

Mill is so comfy to play

Yes, you only lose to the most retarded decks. Yesterday I lost to a 40-card Skellige deck (WTF!)

Also, with the new Novice and the resolution order for Emhyr's ability, Avallach is safer than ever.

I personally stopped playing when they started moving farther and farther away from the clever simplicity found in the TW3 version and more towards the complexity and bursts of RNG found in games like Hearthstone or Elder Scrolls Legends. I liked a lot of their early balance changes, but I felt those quickly got lost in a sea of changes I found to be very alienating.

Grubba

Arcane
Why isnt anyone playing Gwent anymore? :(

I haven't played in months and haven't been keeping up with the news, but the big turn-off for me was when they started making big changes every few weeks that kept turning the game upside down. That shit gets old real fast, it's not fun having to constantly relearn stuff. I think they were getting anxious with their self-imposed deadlines and moved to open beta too early.

Jokzore

Arbiter
kept turning the game upside down

Every single patch I'd have to delete all of my decks and start from scratch, it got really annoying really fast, I don't wanna re-learn the entire game every time they decide to patch.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I'm playing only to get my rank up so I can get some rewards next season. Also, I use a lot of their artwork for my PnP sessions (ye, we're playing the witcher pnp game, but on our house rules)

Say anything about gwent, but the card art is top notch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/1...er-and-public-beta-development-roadmap-update

Dear gamers!

We’ve decided to introduce changes to GWENT’s development roadmap, and I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to share them with you.

Thronebreaker, GWENT’s story-driven single player campaign, is moving to 2018. We decided to increase the campaign’s scope and need more time to work on it. Shifting release windows is always something we approach seriously, however, we’ll never hesitate to do it if we feel you’ll get a better game as a result. I would like to apologize everyone who planned to play Thronebreaker over the Holidays — I assure you that we will do our best to make the final game worth the additional wait.

Secondly, since 2018 is the year we plan to take GWENT out of beta, we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. We want you to have more fun playing, but we also want to welcome new gamers into an already rolling multiplayer ecosystem. Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.
Best regards,

Marcin Iwiński,
co-founder,
CD PROJEKT RED

Latro

Arcane
still in beta?

I was thinking 6 months ago if they can't get it out of beta then, they'd just lose completely to a regenerated hearthstone. GG.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Oh look, CDProjekt still can't control their feature creep.
:negative:

That ultimate excuse tho - "We decided to increase the campaign’s scope". Still can't get rid of writing diahrrea, huh? A shame it's impossible to split this campaign in two parts to make it even bigger.

v1rus

Arcane
I still have a glimmer of hope that Gwent is gonna succeed.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It will be, for sure. But CDPR take too long with adding stuff and rewriting the whole game from scratch with every major update, postponing their success even further. I wonder if their AAA department suffers the same crap every new game in development.

Danikas

Arcane

From what I know they will add 2 new leaders per faction and shitload of cards very soon. For example our old friend Jacques de Aldersberg will get himself a card and new archetype, there is whole rooster of Flaming Rose cards in game files :bounce:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom