Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Unfortunately they're prattling over the game sound, here's the gameplay sans commentary.

P.S. The animation is stiff, there's no way around that, but the VO is good. All that drama around the trailer was just as retarded as I thought.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
You actually have to rely on your perception and not on-rails witcher senses to follow bloody tracks. The soliloquizing is similar though.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Lip sync and overall animation in cut scenes and outside of them has obviously improved a great deal. There is still a lot of room for improvement and no doubt that's on what they'll be concentrated until release. They have enough time to pull it off.

This game is solid foundation on top of which solid first person rpg could be built with more mechanics and features in dlcs and sequal. One of the main reasons why I hope this is success is cause if it works out I can't wait for next Vavra's game and setting he might tackle and it will provide more good competition to current market (personally hate Skyrim's influence and constant comparisons).

Oh and we get good larper's heaven, realistic medieval rpg. Don't see those every year. If I have to compare it to anything it would be non-fantasy Oblivion done right.

Starwars

Arcane
Unfortunately they're prattling over the game sound, here's the gameplay sans commentary.

P.S. The animation is stiff, there's no way around that, but the VO is good. All that drama around the trailer was just as retarded as I thought.

I don't know, I think the cinematics there look alright but ugh... there's something that just feels really off about it all for me. Maybe the faces combined with the whole english dialogue set in Bohemia. There's just something that feels so strange about it.
And the dialogues are lol-worthy when the people speaking just look at each other. Looks so fucking awkward. It looks way better when they do some animation at the same time.

And another thing... I wonder if luring bad guys into crowds of good guys will work for most of the game. I mean I like sorta fucking around with game systems but it looked pretty dumb when the bad guy followed him all that way and ran right into his enemies...

Er, I don't know. Still hoping it will be good. I want a good hitchiker/RPG and I hope this can really deliver that experience. A lot of the other stuff just looks and feels weird to me.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I dunno, I don't see anything "off" with the dialogues, I think they're pretty well written, very down-to-earth, like real people talk. And yeah the animations in the cinematics are great, I was talking about the stiff faces and movements during NPC dialogues. Witcher 3 was handled much better in this respect (then again it cost 10x as much).

And yeah, they should fix the bandit AI so they don't run straight into a gaggle of guards. I mean it's a great fun luring mobs into guards if they're trolls or wolves like in the Gothics but it does look awkward if it's an intelligent bandit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The dialogues and story exposition are literally every cliche under the sun compressed into 7 lines of dialogues. Who thought this was a good idea? "Bring me their heads!"

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's way too early to pass judgement, but based on what I've seen so far, I can imagine mainstream outlets praising the game for its "historical setting", "authenticity", "story", and good graphics, but then ripping it apart because "the combat feels clunky and unresponsive", "it would have been better in third person", "the lack of fantasy elements tends to make it feel boring, like, when I know it's impossible for a dragon to jump me behind the next hill it's not as exciting as Skyrim".

And then the narrative department complaints: "the story is predictable", "an underdog rises to fame", "voice acting falls a bit flat", "acting is not on par with that multi-million dollar budgeted game I played last year".

And in conclusion, the all time favorite: "Kingdom come: Deliverance does offer plenty of fun and opportunities to mess around in a beautiful open world, but ultimately fails to "deliver" (winky-winky, I made a pun, and it was intended, I'm such a master of letters!) decisively good content on any front", "doesn't break new ground", "It doesn't satisfy my heightened hipster sensitivities for games as an art form", "the lead designer is kind of a meanie to people of color", "warhorse didn't pay us to close our eyes for the game's problems, even though these problems are prevalent in most videogames - now is my chance to be a critical journailst with high expectations who is not easily fooled".

Beowulf

Arcane
Spot on, but it indicates, that you read too much game press.
Take a break, it will be good for your mental health.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The dialogues and story exposition are literally every cliche under the sun compressed into 7 lines of dialogues. Who thought this was a good idea? "Bring me their heads!"

Eh, "Bring me their heads" sounds like something that guy would say in that situation. At least there is some emotion.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Spot on, but it indicates, that you read too much game press.
Take a break, it will be good for your mental health.
Actually no, at least not as of late, but that was just the first cliches that came to my mind.

Eh, "Bring me their heads" sounds like something that guy would say in that situation. At least there is some emotion.
Come on. That was some of the stupidest and blandest sounding dialogue I've heard. It was like a 70s Canadian cartoon.

Also, the southern US accent was simply godawful. I pray that like in Witcher the non-english voice acting will be way better than the english one.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nice AI in the gameplay vid by the way, bandits trying to lay low in the forest but chase the player all the way to the guardsmen.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

I don't know, I think the cinematics there look alright but ugh... there's something that just feels really off about it all for me. Maybe the faces combined with the whole english dialogue set in Bohemia. There's just something that feels so strange about it.
And the dialogues are lol-worthy when the people speaking just look at each other. Looks so fucking awkward. It looks way better when they do some animation at the same time.

And another thing... I wonder if luring bad guys into crowds of good guys will work for most of the game. I mean I like sorta fucking around with game systems but it looked pretty dumb when the bad guy followed him all that way and ran right into his enemies...

Er, I don't know. Still hoping it will be good. I want a good hitchiker/RPG and I hope this can really deliver that experience. A lot of the other stuff just looks and feels weird to me.

Another way to look at it is that it's presented like the future of gaming, but it's all just a really cheap B-movie with silly men in beaked helmets.
As a backer I had really high hopes for this one, and at least the art style delivers. But if I am honest I am not even sure if I will play it when it comes out.
There is no novelty, I have seen such places in Germany and Czechoslovakia in real life, and I also know how a forest looks like. And in the end I already know what it's gonna be like riding and occasionally fighting from village to village, forest to forest and corny dialog to corny dialog.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Another way to look at it is that it's presented like the future of gaming, but it's all just a really cheap B-movie with silly men in beaked helmets.
As a backer I had really high hopes for this one, and at least the art style delivers. But if I am honest I am not even sure if I will play it when it comes out.
There is no novelty, I have seen such places in Germany and Czechoslovakia in real life, and I also know how a forest looks like. And in the end I already know what it's gonna be like riding and occasionally fighting from village to village, forest to forest and corny dialog to corny dialog.

Why did you back then? Did you secretly expect there'd be some dragons, maybe tiny ones, after all?

Sorry but backing a game set in a real world and then bitching you're not interested because you know the real world from outside your window sounds very silly :lol:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I thought there would be gameplay, something similar to Mount & Blade. Though I already knew Vavra would probably make something extremely limited like Mafia I probably believed it would be worth seeing it. What do I know, that is almost 5 years ago and perhaps I just liked the art style.

Sorry but backing a game set in a real world and then bitching you're not interested because you know the real world from outside your window sounds very silly :lol:

Only because you are an idiot. I never complain that a game is set in the real world but everything about this one is uninteresting.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The gameplay presented is always 90% cinematics, which paired with the focus on realism makes me really wonder why is this open world at all.

What is going to be the open world gameplay in this? Fantasy games have the typical shit we don't question like ancient ruins with treasure, random pockets of bandits and wildly varied fauna and monsters to kill but all would be really out of place in this setting.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What is going to be the open world gameplay in this? Fantasy games have the typical shit we don't question like ancient ruins with treasure, random pockets of bandits and wildly varied fauna and monsters to kill but all would be really out of place in this setting.

Remember, a game like this has never been done. Not even attempted. Noone can make even an educated guess what's it gonna play like. Whatever it's gonna be, a flop or a hit, it IS going to be absolutely revolutionary in one respect - it'll tell us, once and for all, if non-fantasy plots in epic RPGs are viable.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Non-fantasy plots are perfectly viable, maybe not from a marketing perspective but who cares. I mean most of twitcher 3 could work just fine without monsters (which is p. :thinking: in a game about a monster hunter).

The real question is the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom