Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Did they even add arcade stick support on PC anyway?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

23hvjw5.png

DLYT1NeUEAEebrq.jpg

DLYT4T6UIAE6z7k.jpg

DLYT6TsUEAEc58X.jpg

DLYT8jnVAAIeB8V.jpg

Prepare yourselves, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is coming out on January 16, 2018! If you’ve been spectating from the sidelines or are waiting for a reason to join the fight, now is the time!

In addition to the highly-requested Arcade Mode, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition contains a bounty of new features, including Extra Battle Mode, Gallery, a redesigned UI, and more! All 28 characters will also be present with a second V-Trigger to change the way each battle is fought.

From the beginning, we promised that you’ll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which we’re sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content – Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more – will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players!

Free update for the current owners of the game. Impresive.

Archibald

Arcane
I was reading this announcement and my initial reaction was "here we go again", then I reached part about it being free upgraded for those who already bought the game and had to triple check that sentence. Is Capcom actually a learning animal?

Winslow

Novice
Patron
They're essentially just going to sell the current deluxe edition as the new standard and continue with the same business model that they established at release, which is exactly what the majority of the people still actively playing it expected. Rebranding is just there to possibly attract those precious casual sales again.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
If you bought the game on release at full price you are now missing 12 characters that new buyers get free. Make the arcade update unlock all characters so far for everyone, Capcom please.

Archibald

Arcane
Yeah, I wrote my previous post before realizing that old buyers won't get new characters... which is stupid. Capcom has to Capcom I guess and skin early adopters.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
New players would be paying for those new characters if the buy the retail Arcade version. All the gameplay-wise content (Game modes, game enhancements) is free, so the only thing that keeps the game's price swollen are those extra characters. Currently the normal retail version of the game costs less that 20 bucks and it probably will get even lower after the new release. So, if you buy the retail Arcade edition, you're actually paying for the phsycal 1&2 character seasons of the game. It's a smart commercial strategy actually, for Capcom standards I mean.

The thing that Capcom should add is a considerable amount of unlockable FM through all the arcades and it's difficulties.

If MVC:I, which is a step backwards in nearly every regard from it's predecessor, is any indication... I don't think Capcom has learned a whole lot. At least not when it comes to phoning it in and using DLC to finish beta products.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I gave up on SFV a few months ago. Been playing SF for two decades, but SFV finally broke me.

I put in 3.7k (almost 4k !) hours into SF4, and 850 hours into SFV but I reached my breaking point. The new char reveals are nice but nothing can save this game unless they reduce input buffer and completely rework crush counters and v-skills/trigger systems.

i might come back to SFV if they just add a new combo extension mechanic, which is kind of possible as they did add system mechanics to SF4 (like red focus). They can definitely change a few frames around to allow more links.

alternatively if they buff Ryu enough to no longer be the worst char in SFV i might re-install for a few days.

Latro

Arcane
the real problem with SFV is that the balancing is complete ass. if this is gonna be rushdown fighter jive, at least let most of the cast be able to play it.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The Street fighter V arcade edition patch is available now for free to download. Let's see wtf they added in this edition.

I gave up on SFV a few months ago. Been playing SF for two decades, but SFV finally broke me.

I put in 3.7k (almost 4k !) hours into SF4, and 850 hours into SFV but I reached my breaking point. The new char reveals are nice but nothing can save this game unless they reduce input buffer and completely rework crush counters and v-skills/trigger systems.

i might come back to SFV if they just add a new combo extension mechanic, which is kind of possible as they did add system mechanics to SF4 (like red focus). They can definitely change a few frames around to allow more links.

alternatively if they buff Ryu enough to no longer be the worst char in SFV i might re-install for a few days.

SF5 has something like 8 frames of inherent delay to compensate for netplay, for me that's unacceptable. I realize that all fighting games have now taken this route (including Tekken 7), but it's horrible and takes away all my desire to play.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
gonna try out AE now. I also think sf5 is pretty shit, but its the only (newer) game that uses the formula, so tough shit.

edit: also crossplay is amazing (which KI obviously has, but again different formula)

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Welp. Bisons cr HP anti air buff makes up for the loss of lk -> psychoblast about 10 fold in my book

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
SF5 "NAME" = JulioSotomayor

sTEAM Friend Name = JulioSotomayor

please, everyone be sure to ADD ME!!!

gonna spend like 2 days now playing AE

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
aweigh teach me to play fighting games my dude.

Learn what frame data is, and why its useful. Practice. A lot.

That is literally it. There is no easy way to get into these games. Thats one reason they are so satisfying/rewarding once you get semi competent though.

edit: learn to anti air

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
UHHH

i know you're b eing nhelpful but i'd rather you teach me, if you can, in a match. i know what to do and why i'm not where i'm at. Do YOU know why you're NOT?

i love fighting people b etter than me, but dude, you know very very well i know all that shit you typed.

LETS
GO

(unless you're one of the thousands of peeps who's bodied me online over the years and happen to be here in codex and wanted to type that to me, in which case, thanks!!!
tee hee

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
what are you even saying. I just replied to somebody asking for help

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom