Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire now has a Wikipedia article!

Codex World Tour stops at Wikipedia for another great night of shitposting.

Absinthe

Arcane
Eh, when it comes to my distaste of Wikipedia, that's mostly rooted in personal experience and various WP dramas, extreme bureaucratic maneuvering, cronyism, and absurd abuses of power I have witnessed on Wikipedia. It has nothing to do with the Grimoire page. Only that I view getting bogged down into arguments on WP as a colossal waste of time and phenomenally unconstructive activity and Wikipedia drama as an abomination. Aside from that, there is also very poor fact-checking on Wikipedia. Citation misuse is a serious problem.

Basically Wikipedia is a mess of bureaucracy, politicking, bickering, two-faced behavior, and general fail.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There are more things in Grimoire and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. +M

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you HoratioS of Wikipedia trolling fame:

SophosTheWise

Was in this thread from the beginning, hates the Alt-Right on the Codex and speaks German as his Location suggests - just like the Wikipedia guy speaks German because he could translate parts of the German Gamestar article. Also "TheWise" and Wikipedia faggotry kind of go together as well.

Tarrant

Educated
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you HoratioS of Wikipedia trolling fame:

SophosTheWise

Was in this thread from the beginning, hates the Alt-Right on the Codex and speaks German as his Location suggests - just like the Wikipedia guy speaks German because he could translate parts of the German Gamestar article. Also "TheWise" and Wikipedia faggotry kind of go together as well.

Are you not going to tell them you also speak German?

And Russian? :)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Yep, and it's best CRPG of 2017.

To me it's an unplayable buggy mess stuck in the past (quite literally, as it is a 1997 game released in 2017), but to each their own of course.

cue the tags coming from butthurt and retards who don't like having their precious game be attacked

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Forums lets people in GD have elaborate discussions about how the holocaust never happened, unironically uses the (((()))) trend to point at jews, has half of posts in GD/Pol being transphobic and racists, enables Cleve in similar world "philosphical" views, has plenty of fun when a liberal gets run over, dramatically supports a president who sees "two sides" with nazis, acts shocked when it's labelled "alt right".

Go on. Nothing to see here. This place is months away from being labeled another Stormfront. Similar bullshit has started leaking from GD to the gaming forums. When it is finally impossible to have a decent gaming conversation, something that is already very hard, and all that's left is just the derpiness of the "BUT THIS IS A FREE FORUM !!! NO ONE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR AN OPINION!", you'll probably have the 100% retarded RPGCodex you want.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
To me it's an unplayable buggy mess stuck in the past (quite literally, as it is a 1997 game released in 2017), but to each their own of course.
cue the tags coming from butthurt and retards who don't like having their precious game be attacked
I remember you, you have a very shitty tastes, Lucas9, and literally can't fucking play Arcanum and Nahlakh.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

They know, shitface. First, you come here with your notepad.exe prank butthurt, then everyone sees you for the troll that you are, which leads you to lying about being spammed with "38-40 ratings within minutes". There are some weirdos around here, but not many come close to being a literal piece of shit like you.

Tarrant

Educated

They know, shitface. First, you come here with your notepad.exe prank butthurt, then everyone sees you for the troll that you are, which leads you to lying about being spammed with "38-40 ratings within minutes". There are some weirdos around here, but not many come close to being a literal piece of shit like you.

Ugh, I didn't mean to trigger you. :/ Let me know if you need to talk about it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I will never not laugh when people use expressions such as 'cultural marxism' and 'SJW' unironically. Which is why I visit the Codex whenever I want to laugh at retarded idiots.

An alt-right video game website, RPG Codex, also reviewed the game
:lol:

not even wrong™
SophosTheWise rated Bocian's post
rating_thanks.png
Thanks! in the thread Grimoire now has a Wikipedia article!.

Now they deleted the Codex from the wiki page completely, those bastards.

Yes, definitely him. Those were two edits made by HorarioS. It's strange that he didn't seem to have a hate boner for Cleve or Grimoire, but apparently if the Codex likes something it's reason enough to shit on it.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Go on. Nothing to see here. This place is months away from being labeled another Stormfront. Similar bullshit has started leaking from GD to the gaming forums. When it is finally impossible to have a decent gaming conversation, something that is already very hard, and all that's left is just the derpiness of the "BUT THIS IS A FREE FORUM !!! NO ONE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR AN OPINION!", you'll probably have the 100% retarded RPGCodex you want.

Being the guy who nuked the original "alt-right gaming forum" from the article I kinda dislike your point. Yes, the Codex is full of wannabe retarded Nazis, but they post little about games , mostly crying about women and their childish political views: I'm not scared to admit that the Codex still mantains some nice subforums and people (maybe it's helped that I rarely bother with the Western RPG side of the site anymore, and mostly survive on the Strategy and General gaming side of things).

Retarded alt-righters win only in echo chambers, and that's what GD is, containment: and most are merely lunatics screaming at childish hobbies. The Codex is (or should be) first a gaming forum, the fact that we allow special-needs alt-righters to exist is a price to pay for lax moderation. Wasn't it the reason of the falling out between DU and VD, many moons ago?

I'd suggest to be a bit more... positive. Many exemplars of retardation and shitposting managed to erase themselves from the site, things can always improve.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What does lax moderation do for you?

Smart question, ya know.

For me, nothing. I'm not particularly insane, nor I do require screaming NIGGER JEWS NIGGER JEWS from my basement like some of the most peculiar specimens we have here. I presume I would survive just as well in a more .... repressive forum. Yet I think the approach deserves to exist, even if the best defense I can think of is "just because".

But I do think there should be a place even for a free-for-all like the 'Dex. Sometimes you gotta have a place where the plebs can scream all they want, even if it's retarded, childish and insane. Crushing them would be possible, but I don't know if it would be.... proper.

Plus it's not like alt-right shitposting is going to, I don't know, change someone's opinion. The notion is ludicrous :lol::lol::lol:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Why I never saw this guy?

(maybe it's helped that I rarely bother with the Western RPG side of the site anymore, and mostly survive on the Strategy and General gaming side of things).
Hmm...
MP Gaming 922 44%
Strategy Gaming 322 15%
Codex Playground 258 12%
General RPG Discussion 26 1%

:lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Why I never saw this guy?

I suppose it's "funny" that I tell correctly my posting habits on the site?

But you are free to disagree, Fowyr . I suppose you would surely agree on a Codex with similar posting restrictions as pretty much every other site, or maybe...

All fucking niggers and nigger-lovers must fucking hang.

... not.

As for me, that's how far I am going to defend the Codex's policies and existance. I would dislike to have to agree with taxalot two posts after trying to make a different point.

mbv123

Arbiter
I don't care. This is 2017. Deus Ex is a 2000 videogame and I will judge it accordingly. Grimoire was released in 2017 and I wll judge it accordingly: I don't give a shit if it was "meant to be released 20 years ago", truth is it was released this year and that's how I will judge it.
Yep, and it's best CRPG of 2017.

It's easy to be the best when you're literally the only CRPG on the market, lmao

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Forums lets people in GD have elaborate discussions about how the holocaust never happened, unironically uses the (((()))) trend to point at jews, has half of posts in GD/Pol being transphobic and racists, enables Cleve in similar world "philosphical" views, has plenty of fun when a liberal gets run over, dramatically supports a president who sees "two sides" with nazis, acts shocked when it's labelled "alt right".

The enlightening thing here is you're equating thinking trannies have a mental disorder or are just gross with Nazism among the discussion you* want thrown off the internet. I wish decent leftists like Orwell were alive to call you out on your arrogant totalitarian thought policing. You were already overreaching with the confederate battle flag ban and GamerGate suppression, and Trump almost certainly benefited from the backlash. Trying to throw 30% of America off the internet because they still support Trump, or most Slavs off the internet because they still like the idea of a nation state and dislike queers would cause a hilariously destructive backlash.

By the way, you don't need to ban discussion you find abhorrent to also ban shitposting and spamming. Some people are offended when a same(?) gender NPC flirts with their PC. Yes, it's a bit silly, but so is being offended at their expressions of offense (provided they don't spam their anger all over the place).

* You meaning leftist culture police, not just taxalot or goons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom