Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love thar every girls are conscious about ema's massive titties

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I love thar every girls are conscious about ema's massive titties
355e7c69f0.jpg

2ebe042701.jpg

Deleted member 7219

So, I completed my second ever playthrough of ToCS 1, this time on PC and on hard difficulty.

I was achievement hunting in this one. Missed out on the monster journal due to a freakishly difficult boss fight at the end of Chapter 6. Every turn counted and I couldn't waste any on scanning the enemies - I tried about 5 times. So I decided to just take down the boss and pick up those monster entries next time.

Also got some Class VII members left to get in the character guide, but it is impossible to get everyone in one playthrough anyway.

Next playthrough will be on nightmare, hope to get all the other achievements at the end of it. Maybe ToCS 2 will be out by then too.

Impressions of the PC version - fucking sweet.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Dragon Vision quartz automatically analyses enemies if you kill them with it equipped so you can give it to Rean or Laura for example and finish enemies by s-breaking for guaranteed analysis.

Deleted member 7219

Gosh it takes every essence of my will to avoid looking at coldsteel 2 spoiler. It drains me every day. That fuckin ending.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Cold Steel 2 is my favourite Trails game... so yeah, there's a lot to look forward to. I was lucky - my PS3 playthrough of ToCS 1 took so long (because I don't have easy access to a room with a TV in it) that I had ToCS 2 delivered a couple of days before I finished the first game. I started the second game straight away.

Deleted member 7219

Dragon Vision quartz automatically analyses enemies if you kill them with it equipped so you can give it to Rean or Laura for example and finish enemies by s-breaking for guaranteed analysis.

Yeah, problem was that other characters kept killing monsters or a burn/freeze effect I had applied killed the monster for me. I preferred using the Detector craft from Elliot or Emma (because I always had at least one of them in my party), or a battle scope if it looked like the enemy would go down before their turn. Wasn't a problem. It is literally one monster entry I am missing now - the boss fight at the end of Chapter 6 has about three enemies in it and I got them all except for one fucking thing and it was because I had to get Laura to lay the hammer down on it ASAP.

I missed the treasure chests too. Odd that, considering I was using a guide. Looks like I'll need to be ultra careful next time.

jungl

Augur
I left off few days ago at basically the final boss in cold steel/hard difficulty. The combat system really starts to break down late game because some of the mechanics like food items, quarts, speed stat, specials. Going to make a bunch of soda so fie can bring up peoples cp real fast. Switch out millium because she basically useless with her low hp score and mediocre damage to that blonde girl with that op insight special.

Does the combat system break late game in the sequels also?

Deleted member 7219

I left off few days ago at basically the final boss in cold steel/hard difficulty. The combat system really starts to break down late game because some of the mechanics like food items, quarts, speed stat, specials. Going to make a bunch of soda so fie can bring up peoples cp real fast. Switch out millium because she basically useless with her low hp score and mediocre damage to that blonde girl with that op insight special.

Does the combat system break late game in the sequels also?

It does at the end of ToCS 2, yes, where boss fights become a showcase for how you have basically created a team of superheroes.

However, that is the same for all RPGs.

All RPGs become easy once you understand how to game the system.

Gotta say, if you're at the end of the game and you're still referring to Alisa as "that blonde girl".... I wonder if you've been using turbo mode...

jungl

Augur
Well at least they pick a good time to end the game before it becomes too stupid.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Yeah, problem was that other characters kept killing monsters or a burn/freeze effect I had applied killed the monster for me. I preferred using the Detector craft from Elliot or Emma (because I always had at least one of them in my party), or a battle scope if it looked like the enemy would go down before their turn. Wasn't a problem. It is literally one monster entry I am missing now - the boss fight at the end of Chapter 6 has about three enemies in it and I got them all except for one fucking thing and it was because I had to get Laura to lay the hammer down on it ASAP.

I missed the treasure chests too. Odd that, considering I was using a guide. Looks like I'll need to be ultra careful next time.
Should use the quartz that points them out in the minimap.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shiiiiet, took me about 70 hours to complete my first playthrough on hard. ToCS felt like an even more of a slow burn than TitS. But goddamn the ending pulled no stops... Now I need to actively block myself from googling all the questions that were left open.

I wonder how fast I could do a NG+ especially since I already got the side/hidden quest cheevos out of the way. Just turbo+dialogue skip through everything.

I felt the new Orbment stuff was alright, but a bit weird. I didn't really understand the point in having lines anymore in your Orbment, since the only thing they affected was the amount of Sepith you need to pay to unlock them. Felt like heavy Arts users were being punished for having good lines that did jack shit. Not that it mattered that much in the end.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wonder how fast I could do a NG+

Welp, to answer myself, about 8 hours, in one sitting :lol:

Had some missed books and character notes and shit though and I did some of the optional quests to be sure to get the Lionheart medal for all master quartz.

I stalk the night
Patron
Heh, the 100 hours cheevo uses the in-game clock, which is affected by turbo mode.

So,

fb2yD5d.png

qoDpYfS.png

qCUxbHL.png

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Usually never care about spoilers but I read about the chancellor and :negative: would have preferred to learn about it ingame.

Data4

Arcane
Late to this party. I just got TITS:FC. I do miss me some old school JRPG, but I seem to have developed an impatience with dialogue. This looks to have some potential, so I hope I can settle in after I finish the Guild test/tutorial part.

Deleted member 7219

Dialogue in FC is a bit twee and folksy until the plot picks up later in the game.

Data4

Arcane
Yeah, I recall dialogue in the old games being this way, but I guess as I've gotten older and operate with a ridiculous sense of urgency about 75% of the time, I keep feeling like these conversations can impart the same amount of information with half the back and forth. Ah well, it's a me problem. Genre's always been this way.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
XSEED said:
Voice recording for Trails of Cold Steel II PC will be starting soon. It's a very exciting time! The PC port is currently in early development with no particular date in mind, although it will certainly be in 2018.

Are you hoping for any particular scenes from CS2 to be voiced?

https://fi-fi.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/

More Claire? :bounce:

Not only is Claire 5/5 waifu, her English voice makes me rock-hard :desu:

Last edited:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I've been getting deeper into SC.. it really is a good improvment over FC. The combat system is pretty damn good fun!
Tried it on Hard at first, but then it kicked my ass. So somebody showed me how to hexEd it back into Normal.

Looks like this is ready for prime time. If you wanted the Evo voices in Xseed Sora, its here. The alternative is patching Xseed Sora text in Evo, if you have a jailbroken vita. It's unclear to me which is the definitive version.

Whoa, cool!
Care to point me at where you can install these?
EDIT: Scratch that, appears it's only for FC at the moment.

Still, just a simple undub for the battle voices would also be good.. I dislike most of the voices in the English version.

Last edited:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks oasis789 . Hahaha! Who'd imagine it would be found in the thread I started for FC.

Also, just to get a small convo going - in SC, what should I spec Schera into? I have Agate as a physical damage dealer, Olivier as a glass cannon mage, and Estelle as a jack-of-all-trades.
Maybe I can convert Estelle into a tank somehow..

EDIT -
wait a minute.. I ain't seein 'em

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom