Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rick

Erudite

Sorry to have to ask, but how do I get it onto my desktop?

After clicking the link, I tried the "Open with Zip extractor", which doesn't work (it seems to think I want to decompress it on the Google drive and it eventually fails), and I tried right-clicking the .exe and doing a "Save as", but it saves it as a .html and cannot open.

Thanks.

Learn how to computer.

Zep--

Well if you're going to be a doosh about it, never mind.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

After clicking the link, I tried the "Open with Zip extractor", which doesn't work (it seems to think I want to decompress it on the Google drive and it eventually fails), and I tried right-clicking the .exe and doing a "Save as", but it saves it as a .html and cannot open.

Thanks.

Learn how to computer.

Zep--

Since you seem to be a genuine retard, I'll provide you a quest compass.

retard.PNG

Zep--

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Can't wait until DECLINE is fucking broken as fuck

All your hard work down the drain and I'll be savoring every douchebro post you make afterwards

Rick

Erudite

Thanks.

Learn how to computer.

Zep--

Since you seem to be a genuine retard, I'll provide you a quest compass.

View attachment 8292

Zep--
I said never mind. No need to continue being a total asshole about it, unless you just can't help yourself.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Okay, I thought you meant the inventory screen of the characters . The party inventory is much better now with the fast scrolling and the advantage of Grimoire/Lands of Lore party inventory is that you always have access to it from the main screen, instead of having to go to the inventory screen of a character.

If there was an option to expand the inventory and see all items at the same time, that would make it much better.

There will be a global inventory screen somewhere in the V2 series. The reason the individual inventory was cut from the original version is that the global browser for inventory ala Lands of Lore is a million times better way to do it. Only JRPG weaboos and popamole steamboys don't know why it is better. It is a much better way to manage party inventory. Just needs a few more supplementary functions to sort, pack and scroll to items. Do you know who doesn't think it's a better way? Millennials who play for 120 hours and write a review without ever discovering that right-click RMB brings up a quick select menu on the characters for operations. Those kinds of players.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 6 minutes ago
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

I think the class changing is going to keep the same requirements but once met it will be possible to change class at any time. This is a good compromise from the way it works now which is pretty draconian. I have altered the class changing interface to reflect this.

No more level 10 then, back to full Wizardry mode? Yay, exploitable!!!

Or requirements include level 10? Then it makes zero sense. You still need endgame level to change class, you are still crippled by reset stats, and can keep crippling yourself further by resetting stats more?

Coded and tested last night - after level 3 you can switch to any class in your upgrade path that you qualify for. You will get all skills for that class you qualified for when you changed class before being reset to level 1 for that class.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I think the class changing is going to keep the same requirements but once met it will be possible to change class at any time. This is a good compromise from the way it works now which is pretty draconian. I have altered the class changing interface to reflect this.

Or requirements include level 10? Then it makes zero sense. You still need endgame level to change class, you are still crippled by reset stats, and can keep crippling yourself further by resetting stats more?

No, if you make the attribute requirements you can switch. A career path without level limits.

Can you switch more than once?
Can you switch to any class or just 3 options like it is now?
Did you fix the bug where you switch to a class but do not get the new skills of the class?

Yes, only classes in that upgrade career path as now and yes.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Thanks.

Learn how to computer.

Zep--

I can't believe anybody would actually use any binary created by this pubic-hair chinned morbidly obese vietnamese child sex slaver. Seriously, you just put things on your computer that a guy like Zep Zepo puts on a warez site? This junkware is already obsolete in next version of game. Zepo's computer is probably more infected than a 50 cent Mexican whore (his spouse) on group discount night.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
lol marriage equality

HHR's wife is the same way. These women and their hearts.

Kayerts

Arcane

Coded and tested last night - after level 3 you can switch to any class in your upgrade path that you qualify for. You will get all skills for that class you qualified for when you changed class before being reset to level 1 for that class.

Do you reset the XP to the next level, too? Currently if you switch at level 10, XP to level the next level (2 in your new class) does not appear to be updated, so it's still equivalent to the XP to level 11 in your old class. This has the consequence that you usually need 1,200,000+ XP for level 2 and then an additional 1-2k for level 3. It seems unlikely to be working as intended.

e: Bros, if asking about features and potentially reporting bugs constitutes butthurt, it may be time to redistrict the comfort zone.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Do you reset the XP to the next level, too? Currently if you switch at level 10, XP to level the next level (2 in your new class) does not appear to be updated, so it's still equivalent to the XP to level 11 in your old class. This has the consequence that you usually need 1,200,000+ XP for level 2 and then an additional 1-2k for level 3. It seems unlikely to be working as intended.

I posted it in the bugs thread.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

Ray B 16 hours ago
I could be dead by the time the manual released.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago
I am sure you will be in early retirement at worst by the time the manual is released. Coming shortly.
Simultaneously trying to fix every single issue in game whilst writing manual, very time consuming for one dev.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

I posted it in the bugs thread.

The answer came quickly:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 2 minutes ago

Originally posted by Rpguy:
When switchting to a different class, the xp you need for level 2 does not reset. So instead of needing a few thousand of xp you need a million+
Will fix next version. Was designed that way but too hard considering other changes to make these classes more accessible earlier in the game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, Cleve is really continuing his butthurt rampage on the Codex and on Steam. Can't say I have any respect towards him anymore, not even enough to buy this game on a future discount. And a discount will happen, whatever he is saying about his no discount policy.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Hey Cleve, add those fast scroll arrows you did for the inventory to the journal as well. After having identified tons of items already, it is a pain to scroll to the newest additions, especially when they start with a letter at the end of the alphabet.

Kayerts

Arcane
Okay, this is hilarious:
JUuBYI2.png

Late in the game, you can commission a golden baby suit of armor. The guy who makes it warns you that it could take a while before it's ready. He charges you 40 (thousand) units of currency for it, because it is a premium product, the finest in all the land. And, appropriately enough, it's got bugs; the golden greaves weigh 220 pounds. (COMPLETELY BROKEN; the next strongest greaves weigh 10 pounds. )

And, fittingly, it is indeed superb armor. :D

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Latent with ur shit
Released last Friday
Don't mention the manual

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom