Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Smart move on the $40 price tag tho. Otherwise a lot of people would've bought this game on cheap and left a myriad of "wtf is this shit kys" negative reviews. The Steam rating would've been sub 50% for all we know.

But, at this price, it's mostly only the devoted old school RPG fans and people who've done their research who are buying the game and thus leaving mostly positive reviews. Still, the game's only 1% away from falling into "mixed".

valcik

Arcane
This guy at RPS seriously suggested that Grimoire players have not really been enjoying the game despite it's unpolished state and that they are only pretending to like it.
More so, he came to this conclusion through flawed reasoning:
"You’d imagine on receiving a game like Grimoire, such a small group of people would be spending their spare time gleefully devouring its 600 hours of joy, rather than policing the internet to berate anyone who doesn’t enjoy the game properly. It’s almost as if it’s not quite occupying their time…"
What a jackleg, codexians can play and fling shit simultaneously.
Or something personal, perhaps another of these friendly dudes you've banned on STEAM? Since you don't send reviewers key he's one of your customers "being policed and berated on the interwebz" according to his own words.

:greatjob:

hello friend

Arcane
1 week of beta testing or 1 decade, wouldn't make a whit of difference. I was a beta buttplug tester (fixed) in the 90s. Cleve did not listen then and clearly has not listened in the interim. The obvious flaws, the ones that we all told him had to be fixed, he simply ignored, because he knew better.

Phil Moore you are without question the most pathetic, pretentious swayback croissant eating meat-beating retard in the history of Australia. Listen, do you think maybe I had a few more important things on my mind to deal with like trying to get 8-way motion correct that I could not respond to your request for cock rings and optional butt plugs added to all player portraits?

Can Phil Moore get an UNDISPUTED QUEEN OF FAGGOTRY tag? It would be perfect.
There is literally nothing wrong with croissants. It's as close a baked good can be to a stick of butter without actually being a stick of butter. Fat is a better energy source than powdered grass and water.

Breakfast of kings.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Hey Cleveland Mark Blakemore

I was just wondering what was you rationale when giving deep freeze so much damage on such little mana so early in the character progression. I'm not asking to berate, just curious.

I find it odd that you can design an awesome game but still put in some stuff like this that looks out of whack even on paper.

I've noticed many great games have these slips that are obvious from the outside but apparently are blindspots from the inside.

Lord Andre

Arcane
The grimoire's wiki page deleted pepe's review to include other reviews from "major" gaming sites.

Does it matter though ? The reason I can blow 40 euros like it's nothing on a game like this is that I actually have a job.

If I had time to engage in wiki edit wars with overweight trannies on welfare, I wouldn't have money to buy the game in the first place.

Biggus

Scholar
I think shitposting is how Cleve recharges his batteries. The more he shitposts, the quicker he will finish the manual and patch.

If that was the case we would see the manual last month. :)

He is too busy implementing DRM, to thwart the imaginary scores of pirates. Who needs patches and manuals when you can implement a pointless scheme that will do nothing anyway, except possibly challenge the pirates into cracking it just because they can.

Yeah, got those priorities right again. FFS :(

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Smart move on the $40 price tag tho. Otherwise a lot of people would've bought this game on cheap and left a myriad of "wtf is this shit kys" negative reviews. The Steam rating would've been sub 50% for all we know.

But, at this price, it's mostly only the devoted old school RPG fans and people who've done their research who are buying the game and thus leaving mostly positive reviews. Still, the game's only 1% away from falling into "mixed".
78 negative reviews. 41 with less than 2 hours played. 34 with less than 1 hour played. 21 with less than 30 minutes played. 9 with less than 12 minutes played.

A very large chunk of the negative reviews were by people who only bought the game with the sole purpose of writing a negative review and then refunding it.

Plus, the backer reviews do not get counted in the percentage, since they are "free" keys.

Remove the reviews of people who didn't actually play the game and add in the backer reviews and the percentage of positive reviews goes to 89%.

Efe

Erudite
you mean he shouldn't have sent out those backer keys? guess they were never promised a steam key anyway.

Nyast

Cipher
The main problem is that, in a game filled with combat, combat is simply boring. It's so binary, it's a waste of time. You'll either die and reload ( forcing save scumming ), either you'll roll over every encounter while holding enter. Yeah there are exceptions, but 90% of the fights are like that.

Honest question here: is there anybody here that played the game long enough ( > 30+ hours ) and finds combat ( I'm not talking about bosses, but trash mobs ) interesting and rewarding ? For me it's simply a waste of time, might as well give a bit of XP at randomy intervals, it would achieve the same thing.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
ta8Z9DI.png

/adds +1 to memes, casual, anime, nudity

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Do I find trash fights to be the most exciting things in the game? No, but with 180+ hours I still have not turned off random encounters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom