Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most powerful character/monster/creature in cRPGs?

ColCol

Arcane
Lady of Pain

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bluntly put, as far as a PLANESCAPE campaign's concerned, the Lady of Pain's little more than an icon that crystallizes the mood of the campaign setting. Player characters should never deal with her. She doesn't give out missions, she never grants powers to anyone, and they can't rob her temples because she hasn't got any. If she ever does make an appearance, it should simply be simply to reinforce the wonder and mystery of the whole place.

GFIhOPO.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Elminster would be a good candidate if your including lore/background info, but I'm gonna go with straight up mechanics, exclude unwinnable fights, and go with Andor Drakon from ADOM. Just getting to him means doing some insanely difficult shit, and as an opponent he's about as difficult as they come. Just standing in the plane he exists in rapidly corrupts you to death, he has multiple ways of instantly killing people that aren't prepared, and he's just generally got excellent stats.

Though a PC with a wish engine in any game that allows such things far outstrips this, of course.

Arvennios

Novice
Gedna Relvel, the insanely overpowered lich in Tribunal : Morrowind. I had to cheat to beat her, and even then, it was a very long fight.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bluntly put, as far as a PLANESCAPE campaign's concerned, the Lady of Pain's little more than an icon that crystallizes the mood of the campaign setting. Player characters should never deal with her. She doesn't give out missions, she never grants powers to anyone, and they can't rob her temples because she hasn't got any. If she ever does make an appearance, it should simply be simply to reinforce the wonder and mystery of the whole place.

GFIhOPO.jpg

Fuck, even in "Die, Vecna, Die!" She doesn't even turn to you, just use Dabus to grant you few rewards.

Delterius

Arcane
Or is it?

The protagonist of an RPG is an undying abomination whose true consciousness stems from outside time itself. A true lovecraftian horror, incomprehensible to mortal minds and whose only purpose is to steal lives in order to grow ever more powerful. They are legion and have no interest in social conventions or norms. A scourge upon the omniverse.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The player. I don't mean the player character; I mean the actual guy sitting in the basement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom