Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Fought the infamous instakill spear trogs today for the first time and... what's the big deal? Cast armorplate and not only did I hit first due to speed, but they failed to penetrate a majority of the time.

Really had expected some nightmarish encounter wherein my party would be devastated by constant spears from every direction, what I got was their failure to penetrate a necromancer's robe and some pretty easy encounters even with basic autoattacking.

I been through that Saltwyrm caves a million times. Armorplate stack and missile screen, no worries. Everything bounces off.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Whoever gave Zep Zepo a Steam key, you made a huge mistake. I don't know where he got it from but a flood of popamoles have poured onto the store page, played for ten minutes and left bad reviews. I don't need these kinds of people playing the game, especially when they didn't even pay for it. DO NOT give Steam keys for free out to these dregs.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Whoever gave Zep Zepo a Steam key, you made a huge mistake. I don't know where he got it from but a flood of popamoles have poured onto the store page, played for ten minutes and left bad reviews. I don't need these kinds of people playing the game, especially when they didn't even pay for it. DO NOT give Steam keys for free out to these dregs.

How are those events related?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

How are those events related?
Careful with such allegations, buddy, or your steam key will be revoked!

mondblut

Arcane
Fought the infamous instakill spear trogs today for the first time and... what's the big deal? Cast armorplate and not only did I hit first due to speed, but they failed to penetrate a majority of the time.

Really had expected some nightmarish encounter wherein my party would be devastated by constant spears from every direction, what I got was their failure to penetrate a necromancer's robe and some pretty easy encounters even with basic autoattacking.

That "waves upon waves of trogs" encounter is piss easy with horn of winter and high speed, mainly because they only attack in a single group at a time. If they came in 2-3 rows, stunlocking them all would be much more difficult to manage.

mwnn85

Savant
Everything changed after pepe's review and Zep's getting a steam key.
I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Grimoire seems to have been created purely as a technical challenge by Cleve and for Cleve.

I suppose we should be grateful that he even lets us lesser mortals play his game.

If you don't pay $40 then GTFO
If you do pay $40 then possibly GTFO

Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth posting feature requests, suggestions or bug reports.

Not exactly Interplay's motto.

mogwaimon

Magister
Everything changed after pepe's review and Zep's getting a steam key.
I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Grimoire seems to have been created purely as a technical challenge by Cleve and for Cleve.

I suppose we should be grateful that he even lets us lesser mortals play his game.

If you don't pay $40 then GTFO
If you do pay $40 then possibly GTFO

Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth posting feature requests, suggestions or bug reports.

Not exactly Interplay's motto.

Well at this point Golden Era Games has been around longer than Interplay so who's got the better design philosophy and dev support now?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Cry More, Faggot. I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Zep--

mwnn85

Savant
Well at this point Golden Era Games has been around longer than Interplay so who's got the better design philosophy and dev support now?
:hmmm: ...

...:rage:

That's just politically correct PR propaganda, the real IPLY motto appears in hidden Fallout credits:
Fallout is "By Americans, For Americans" and the rest of the world can just get stuffed.
https://youtu.be/qNrrV0vTmuU?t=404
:deathclaw:

Grimoire is "By Cleveland Mark Blakemore, For Cleveland Mark Blakemore" and the rest of the world can just get stuffed.

I think that's worthy of adding to the STEAM store page.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Better late than never! Looking forward to raping that turtle. Or mabye it was riding? Doesn't matter now, my money is gone!

nIcA2Q3.png

Rpgsaurus Rex

You may get a .pdf manual when/if Cleve himself figures out how things work. Either he wrote the code so long ago he forgot the language it was written in and had to re-learn it (not easy when you're 53, I assume) or it was a collective effort at Sir-Tech and he had to figure out pieces of code written by other people (again, not trivial). You're free to give it an ETA.

I'd wager I am older than you old son, but I will bow to your superior knowledge, please explain all stats, and tell us what they do, exactly.

http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Attributes

You keep quoting the damn wiki as if it is some sort of holy writ. FFS, don't you get that the bits people want to know either are missing or are based on the manual written in the 90s. Cleve himself doesn't seem to know what the damn stats do, which are broken, which are important, and which are 'working as intended' so I fail to see how the wiki does.

You fanboys make me laugh, trying to justify broken.

Fanboys never change. Try arguing with Naruto fans or w/e it's not the greatest work of art, ever - they'll throw a fit. Ditto Grimoire fanboys/trannies competing for daddy Cleve's attention.

It's fine to enjoy Grimoire (or Naruto?) if it's your type of thing. The game's not without its merits - a nostalgia trip for some, indeed. Arguing it's anywhere near to what was promised with broken stats, classes, combat, lack of manual etc. though is one-way ticket to fanboyretardoland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Andre

Arcane
Having a manual is fine but when there isn't one we can figure shit on our own like you did. We're not 5, we can deduce the workings of a video game.

I'd wager I am older than you old son, but I will bow to your superior knowledge, please explain all stats, and tell us what they do, exactly. I must be too dumb, so I eagerly await your answer. We want to see what you have deduced.

I have deduced that speed is worth pumping above all else on all characters. Maybe throw some strength points to spellcasters if their strength is lower than 30.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

GandGolf

Augur
On another note, I find myself in possession of an extra Grimoire backer key via not having the patience to wait for it at launch. Any truly needy codexers out there still lacking?

If you give it to me I'll write a review for grimoire in the future after I beat the game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom