Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny Bastard's Wound expansion releasing on September 7th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Tyranny; Tyranny: Bastard's Wound

In parallel with Twitch, Paradox Interactive have been running their own daily livestream for Gamescom 2017. Yesterday they played some BattleTech with Mitch Gitelman, and today they gave us our first look at the upcoming Bastard's Wound expansion for Tyranny. Shortly after the stream began, a press release went out announcing a release date - September 7th. The press release includes a new "cinematic trailer" that hints at what players will face in the expansion. Watch it all here:

STOCKHOLM – Aug. 23, 2017 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a loyal servant of Kyros, today announced the release date for Bastard’s Wound, the next expansion for Tyranny. Featuring major new challenges for the player and new companion quests for the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Tyranny: Bastard’s Wound will become available worldwide on September 7, 2017 for Windows, MacOS, and Linux PCs. The expansion will be available from digital retailers everywhere for $14.99.

The Bastard’s Wound DLC adds a new region to the game, with a host of new quests and people to conquer. Delve deeper into the mysteries of Terratus as you bring Kyros' justice (or your own version of it) to a new corner of the Tiers. In addition to the new region, Bastard's Wound gives you a chance to learn more about your party in a trio of companion quests featuring Lantry, Verse, and Barik.

For more information on Tyranny, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/tyranny

Tyranny: The Lost Vale, anyone? Looks like we're going up against some sort of particularly powerful Bane.

Mustawd

Didn't this have subpar sales? I'm surprised it's getting an expansion.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If it didn't sell well enough, they wouldn't be doing this. Unless the expansion was already in the contract (Base game + 1 expansion).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't this have subpar sales? I'm surprised it's getting an expansion.

iirc they said it almost but not quite met their expectations, and a slam dunk expansion would probably send it over.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wanted to say that the concept of this expansion reminds me a lot of the cancelled Lost Vale expansion for Ultima VIII - right down to it being an expansion mysteriously produced for a poorly-selling, dumbed down game. Except thanks to digital distribution, this one is going to be released.

Sannom

Augur
The expansion isn't the most surprising thing for me, some of the content in the free patch is. Like the other path through Act 3, an expanded Act 3 in general and more voice acting. The later especially doesn't come cheap.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
From the information already provided this won't add useful content to the main quest. It's an insulated world map area with its own quest.

Tao

Savant
But it is one of those DLC inserted in the main campain that make you play the main game again if you unistalled it. Who the fuck want to play the game again for a new area in the campain?

I will pass from this one like i passed from the Pillars of Eternity dlcs. Maybe with a complete edition on sale in the future i'll try play those games again

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
But it is one of those DLC inserted in the main campain that make you play the main game again if you unistalled it.
This is what cloud saves are for.

Thanks for admitting that you pirated Tyranny and contributed to its low sales.

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Wasn't this game supposed to have more acts, then it the end it was all cut? So, instead of getting the needed expanded ending/postgame (AKA, "how the game was supposed to be"), we're getting more random shit. Oh, well.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I spent more time on the game than a sane man should and I find it quite difficult to get excited on a DLC, unless Obsidian publicly trebuches Megan Stark to the Pacific Ocean and announces that actually competent people rewrote the script and redesigned the character building and combat systems.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
"i played the game a lot but i swear i didn't like it!"

truly, skyway lives on in all of us

It took around half a year to finish Crime and Punishment and I can safely say that I don't like Russian melodrama one bit.
I finished Tyranny thrice so I could see the different endings. It doesn't really take that much time after the first playthrough since you'll learn that bouncing spells are broken and the scenes aren't that different in the end.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Wasn't this game supposed to have more acts, then it the end it was all cut?

That could have only been a thing during its early concept stage, given that it was only present in an art book.

I finished Tyranny thrice so I could see the different endings

This is truly mind-bogglingly stupid. Why didn't you watch the endings online?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Wasn't this game supposed to have more acts, then it the end it was all cut?

That could have only been a thing during its early concept stage, given that it was only present in an art book.

I finished Tyranny thrice so I could see the different endings

This is truly mind-bogglingly stupid. Why didn't you watch the endings online?

Well I did want to see how the paths differ.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The sheer amount of time that's been spent on it at least suggests that it's not shovelware. Too bad that PC Invasion interview never bothered to ask "So, is this aiming to improve on the base game in any way?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom