Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Neversink seems to have some issues with excavation, colonnade and some other maps where bosses have adds that drop items, it also crashed quite frequently on harbingers, at least for me. Also consistently crashed in Ivory Temple on one of the perandus packs.

I'm currently using one filter to rule them all, with some changes to currency/items depending on the current trends. Not as busy/nosy when stuff drops, smaller text/boxes etc.

T. Reich

Arcane
I never experienced any problems with Neversink's.

Muldini's filer is also pretty nice, yes. I used to use it, too, before I switched to Neversink's.

T. Reich

Arcane
DoT can't be converted.
Worms don't attack.
And if you were thinking of going CI, RF doesn't work with CI either.
And low-life RF in 3.0.0 deals pitiful damage compared to life-based RF.

Your concept is much better realised with RF zerker that uses abyssal cry.
You get shitton of life, easy life restoration with warcries, and yuge splosions from abyssal cry.
And you do it much better than any witchie could.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I'm currently playing a lowlife-RF/SR trickster, so take what I say with a grain of salt. DPS isn't really an issue, even with lowlife RF. My RF currently deals ~80k DPS on shaper with 1.5k life and 7.5k ES, that is without a high ES shield, without a high elemental damage sceptre, no essence crafted helmet or gloves, no conc effect and a suboptimal tree for RF. You should easily be able to hit 300k-400k with the right gear.

That said, you don't really benefit from running rf lowlife if you're using it as your main damage source. Scaling rf is kinda demanding on your tree and gear, decent essence crafted helmets/gear are especially hard to come by. The additional auras you can run aren't really helping you increase your DPS, unless you pick up another curse and can run ele weakness there is little additional benefit.

Here's my character, in case you're interested. If you really want to run a build with RF as a main damage source, you either go Trickster for a good blend of damage, utility and sustain, Guardian for survivability, Hierophant for the extra link and sustain, or zerker for pure damage.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
My next char is going to be RF.

I originally wanted to do a low-life guardian, but then I ran the post-3.0.0 numbers, and it's merely a shadow of it former self.

IMO, life-based zerker is truly the best choice for RF-as-main right now. The damage potential is the highest with this class, and you get huge utility from warcries that allows you to do no-regen maps easily.
The pick is definitely the most "glassy" of all the varieties, but with 10k life it's not really much of a concern.

I, however, will be running a juggy with heavy focus on buffed fortify and maximum endurance charges.
The damage will be approx 25% lower than with zerker, and I will lose the warcry power, but I'm trading those for much higher damage mitigation and insane life regen.
I will also go str-stacking for Doon as my 1h, because I just love that shit.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
f71090accd.jpg

And this, my friends, is why you don't do shaper half asleep. No more portals left.
:negative:

T. Reich

Arcane
I'll probably never do the Shaper with the builds I pick to choose :P.

The closest thing I got this league was deciding to do twinned core with some extra damage mods.
Went about as well as you'd expect from me :roll:.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
It's doubly sad because I died three times due to being slammed by the image in phase 3, while shaper himself was already sub 10%. Linked my stone-golem with culling strike when I still had 3 portals left, but that stupid idiot kept dying immediately to beams/vortexes. Should've linked it to my orb of storms instead. Well, there is ~350c down the drain.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So...

We are getting a new "expansion" by the end of 2017 and they are still playing around with harbingers, another proof that they rushed this patch.
Did they tweaked any other "major" leagues like this before after such a short time its release, I can't remember now.

T. Reich

Arcane
So...

We are getting a new "expansion" by the end of 2017 and they are still playing around with harbingers, another proof that they rushed this patch.
Did they tweaked any other "major" leagues like this before after such a short time its release, I can't remember now.

It happens every league. Your argument is invalid.

In fact, they are tweaking this league less than I'm used to. THAT is the sign of their rushing things because they're overwhelmed.

T. Reich

Arcane
Well, no details as to what they're expanding yet.
EXPAND DONG pls

What I'm REALLY looking forward to personally is a LOT of FoO release bug fixes that are still not implemented, plus a bit of fleshing out of the later acts with missing details.
Maybe a couple more gods for the pantheon.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've been having a bit of luck the last few days with my drops. In last 4 days I had 2 ex drop, 1 soul taker weapon and biscos amulet. I sold both items for decent profit and 2ex are waiting for better ex to chaos value.

In other news I am trying to get together a Gladiator spellcaster.
There is some potential around max block + cats claw + light of lunaris shield.
My first try was crit EK nova phy+chaos, got to almost 200k dps vs map bosses.

I need to learn how good crit elemental EK build look so I can get some idea how to make such a version myself but with a gladiator. Light of Lunaris gives insane crit multi with max block.

Another option is BV where I cyclone around with culling strike so I can get frenzy charges from killing enemies with the weapon :)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
In fact, they are tweaking this league less than I'm used to. THAT is the sign of their rushing things because they're overwhelmed.
FoO is p. rushed yeah. If you bother to read the texts, there's some bugs in it with missing voice files, wrong subtitles and about 4 conversations in act 7 with sin that are using the wrong audio file.

T. Reich

Arcane
anyone figured a way to use blight as main skill, not just side kick to ED?
Does it make sense to try hitting 25lvl with it for extra radius over cheap new blight gloves?

Supposedly, using 2x threshold jewels for makes it quite worthwhile.

My planned 3rd character this league is low-life blight occultist, using teh gloves for selfcast blight.
Sure, I'm gonna use ED for single target, but I'm planning to blight all the trash mobs though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finally reached Act8, two more to go. :terminate:
FFS these dindus in act6 spamming flame totems and rain of frost arrows were infuriating, making really bad impression about FoO. Act7 got these ball throwers slimes and ball throwing drowners or whatever this filthy creature is.
Wish Leap jump was more responsive, it would be life savior for my 2H MaraBerserk...
Couldn't reach endgame in any character previously. Once I beat Malachai with anyone I get idea to test another build. Again and again.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Not playing much anymore, I was waiting to see if they change anything about the new skills but I have no idea what their timing is I think I'll just respec my failed storm burst build and finish equipping the flicker build to do the end game don't feel like doing much else in this league.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How much health for cruel lab?

I have 3k life, 800 shield (full ES gear, look like a fucking hobo) and MoM
Way more than enough. This is even enough for merciless. Unless you need to git gud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom