Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood - action-RPG adaptation from Cyanide

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
If you don't like werewolf inject T until you do.

I remember in the 2nd edition of the Werewolf rulebook, the sample scenario had the werewolf PCs fighting for MUH GAIA against the an evil possessed XEROX MACHINE

Can't get much stupider than that, really.
How is that stupid u subhuman. It's actually p. cool and goes to show that for them the enemy is p. much everywhere.

v1rus

Arcane
Missed this one. Havent read about it yet, but I luv the idea. Need moar WoD stuff around. A neutral setting, filled with werewolves, vampires, mages and whatnot would be da best thing evah, but, eh, baby steps, I guess.

v1rus

Arcane
Need moar WoD stuff around. A neutral setting, filled with werewolves, vampires, mages

da best thing evah
No pirates? They should just have werewolves, vampires, pirates, zombies, and dinosaurs. Cover all bases of every teen fad.

Thats a pretty good idea actually. Whaddaboot robots tho?

jungl

Augur
If they take the time and flesh this game out so it doesn't feel like a blockbuster title like orcs and men and the game of thrones game. Then it will be a great game. If not I'm predicting 6/10 mixed steam reviews.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I love Apocalypse, I really do, but the setting has massive potential for SJW shit. I don't know what Cyanides track record is on that.

Alex

Arcane
Need moar WoD stuff around. A neutral setting, filled with werewolves, vampires, mages

da best thing evah
No pirates? They should just have werewolves, vampires, pirates, zombies, and dinosaurs. Cover all bases of every teen fad.

What about ninjas? They are a bit hard to do because they would be overpowered against all those, so maybe they should call Sawyer for that one?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
na91A2v.png

Vd4KzTN.png

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember in the 2nd edition of the Werewolf rulebook, the sample scenario had the werewolf PCs fighting for MUH GAIA against the an evil possessed XEROX MACHINE

Can't get much stupider than that, really.
Was it called Prints of Darkness or did they just completely squander an opportunity like that?

Lambach

Arcane
If you don't like werewolf inject T until you do.

Alternatively, just play D&D while wearing dog costumes and stop shitting up WoD with your furry nonsense. White Wolf have written a lot of stupid shit in the late nineties, with most splatbooks being little more than glorified fan-fiction, but nothing will top Werewolf and Kindred of The East.

Mage > Werewolf > Vampire

Dealing with strange otherwordly shit and cosmic-level threats beats playing goth mafia.

Good luck making a CRPG out of Mage, though. The powers and disciplines vampires and werewolves have are pretty straightforward mechanical applications, whereas in Mage...

You'd have to run an improvised roleplaying session in Garry's Mod to even approximate how bizarre things can get.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Dealing with strange otherwordly shit and cosmic-level threats beats playing goth mafia.

Good luck making a CRPG out of Mage, though. The powers and disciplines vampires and werewolves have are pretty straightforward mechanical applications, whereas in Mage...
Meh can just abstract it as much as possible and have some spellmaking thingy, it's not like either vtm CRPG had 1:1 implementation of disciplines anyway.

What matters is the themes and such.

Delterius

Arcane

Meh can just abstract it as much as possible and have some spellmaking thingy, it's not like either vtm CRPG had 1:1 implementation of disciplines anyway.

What matters is the themes and such.
I agree. If Planescape worked, then so can Mage.

Lambach

Arcane

You'd have to run an improvised roleplaying session in Garry's Mod to even approximate how bizarre things can get.

Speaking of which, playing even the PnP version of Mage can get downright impossible with creative players unless some house rules are implemented. IIRC, the mechanics are such that even a starting Mage character can make a tiny hole in space (or a portal, if you will) from here to the core of the Sun and basically destroy Earth, and only take 3-4 Bashing levels of damage from Paradox.

Vampire > Mage > The Fallen > Fae >> Werewolf > KotE

Anyone claiming otherwise is a fag.

latest

Just picture the dude wearing a lot of fur and that's Werewolf accurately summed up.
VtM -> WtO -> KotE -> HtR -> MtA -> WtA -> DtF ->>>>>>>>>>>>>> FATAL >>>>>>>>>> CtD

I don't think ninjas are part of the fad cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom