Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD - Part 71: Phex Temple 15 - WTF Ending

If a party member dies, we should:

• Total voters

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Sign me up for whatever hasn't been chosen yet. Silvan Elf?

vazha

Arcane
Come on, how can you leave Vazha the Scald behind? Who'll sing odes to your heroic exploits in the swamps? Hilarity is needed!

Eriador

Arbiter
You can only use pickpocket in taverns, you can't steal from merchants. Or atleast, there doesn't seem to be an option to do that.

Was I eaten by a grue?

You'll see. :D

Come on, how can you leave Vazha the Scald behind? Who'll sing odes to your heroic exploits in the swamps? Hilarity is needed!

I think you'll be glad I left you in Lowangen once I get around to finishing those updates. Seriously, I hate that stupid swamp.

da_rays

Augur
Awesome LP , keep up the good fight :salute: :lol: When you'll get around to kill another one of your character one of your party member go down gracefully , I'm in. I'd say the party need another dedicated healer/herbs grabber , so yeah , im gonna go with Hunter or Nevill long lost love child ( if rogue are not ban anymore ) if you get a slot open sometime.

Awaiting patiently the next victim :shittydog:

Eriador

Arbiter
Finally managed to destroy the witch, turns out elves have the best spell in the game.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 28: We Lose the D20 AGAIN!

BtXfRKw.jpg

So, vazha definitely stays behind, as we won't have need of "start barter" :)decline:), seduce or his music. He is also Boreale's illegitimate son and Boreale isn't about to take his only child (well, the only known one anyway) on such a dangerous expedition. No way, he'll stay in Lowangen and attempt to kickstart his music career. Maybe he'll win the next Aventuria's got Talent!

Jimmious doesn't have a weapon, but he can pick locks, so he comes along.

Nevill definitely comes along, as we need his Horriphobus and Fulminictus.

Azira comes along too, as we need someone to hunt and guide us through the swamps.

Morkar is great! He has a magical sword, can heal and even "start barter" (nope, not the same). He also does by far the most damage. Definitely the superstar of our group!

Boreale does his fair share of damage, but he is inferior to Morkar in every way, except for climbing and drinking booze... but it's Boreale, so we take him along and leave Morkar behind as a bodyguard for vazha.

muC02it.jpg

Awww, nice, they even got their own quarters and servants! How thoughtful!

:obviously: You finally reach a small room with two guards sitting around and looking thoroughly bored. Master Eolan gives you a large iron key.

dgAHMlC.jpg

3nsKKWu.jpg

:obviously: You open a huge gate that reveals a narrow tunnel. The musty smell is not what you call inviting, but after all you start your way to the other side.

:obviously: The tunnel seems to be endless, but finally you recognize a gleam of light which is comming through a door gap. You open the door with the key you got from Master Eolan. On the other side you lock the door again. When you're done, you enter the inside of an old castle.

7DloiqY.jpg

We've already been to this place before we've entered Lowangen, but all it showed us was that we saw a ruined castle, so I didn't think it was interesting enough to mention.

pAPrL81.jpg

Onward, to the swamps!

BTHOaxL.jpg

You kiddin me-

:obviously: "Hand over the Salamander Stone, or we shall kill you!"

Yay, more LARPers that crave our D20s, also known as Salamander Stone. Get your own dice, dorks!

Also, this whole event actually has voice acting.

zDmNYnL.jpg

No! That D20 is really precious, it has sentimental value and all that!

nBtb3Mr.jpg

Well, this doesn't look good. We shall never give up on the magical D20! NEVAR! Do you even know how many characters we've lost due to that stupid thing?

:obviously: "Urzunga, Goranda, Vahor!"

As you can see, they take their LARPing very seriously.

OFXmklG.jpg

LOX9rG7.jpg

Well, I don't think we can do this guys, these LARPers are too strong, even if they fail 90% of their spells.

9jlMUpu.jpg

DbZgwqm.jpg

AeO0vZF.jpg

DQ55ON0.jpg

And when they don't fail, it's even worse.

wKF4nOD.jpg

JNPuQ3A.jpg

And if we manage to survive long enough, they get reinforcements.

FJLs9ZM.jpg

And this lovely thing happens when you flee combat. It even has a voiceover and everything!

Fine, take it! This stupid thing only ever rolls 1s anyway! :argh:

Wait a minute, 1 in DSA is a critical success...

:rage:

(tbh, from what I've read, if you somehow managed to win this fight in the original Star Trail, you basically broke the game and couldn't complete the main quest.)

KnNf4m1.jpg

:obviously: The mages disappear to the west, including the Salamanderstone.

Awfully nice of them to leave us alive. Now, why didn't they take the Salamander Stone AND sacrifice us to the Nameless One like before? Seems like the smart thing to do, but maybe they are roleplaying as cliche bad guys. Truly in character! :salute:

After this, we go to New Lowangen to try to replenish our numbers, but it seems our character capacity has been lowered to 4, so we have to 4-man this until we can get vesha and Morkar back.

zYypTA4.jpg

We go to the swamp, but first, we have to cross the river. Everyone gets soaking wet, except Jimmious, who somehow managed to roll 1 and thus get a critical success.

9kzfuoW.jpg

MNK6A4W.jpg

Well, let's give them something, but I'm not sure if that matters.

wQfQeIR.jpg

Azira gives "his" patron, Firun, a nice sum of 40 silver, hopefully that's enough.

EqRPuZh.jpg

So, onward to the swamp! We don't have waterskins or boots and there's nowhere near enough to buy those (and everything in Lowangen is insanely expensive), so it should be... interesting.

MnYBA4z.jpg

Also, the swamp has a weird effect on Azira, who suddenly can't decide what gender "they" are. Or maybe Azira's now genderfluid.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 29: Swamp 1 - Rincewind Would Be Proud!

k2rGE8x.jpg

We can walk through these plants, but as the game says, it's very slow.

This swamp is massive. I think it's atleast 2 times bigger then Lowangen, if not more. And most of it looks interchangable, so there's not even much to look at. I hate it with a passion.

gFm9VXg.jpg

After taking a couple more steps, we are attacked by some swamp rantzies. There's a huge pack of them (about 8) and the only only who does any decent damage to them is Boreale. But they are tough and almost eat us alive and Nevill can't cast Horriphobus on them.

4Zrm54G.jpg

So we flee.

D381h7z.jpg

Nevill stays behind as a distraction, while everyone else abandons him to his fate. You know, friendship!

QOZIsgd.jpg

Fortunately, it seems that the swamp rantzies didn't find Nevill particularly tasty, so we still have our magician and continue onward!

VtgyQMJ.jpg

Yet it seems not all is well, as our dwarf caught the dreaded Swamp Fever. I forgot those orcs took our herbs too, so I only had him/her go gather herbs once. So we have only 1 Goolmoon and Donf Stalk and Azira wastes it by failling to heal Jimmious.

Well, this doesn't go well at all.

Also, the swamp is treated as a dungeon, so it has the dungeon camping screen, we can't hunt or gather herbs (we occassionaly find some on our way through the swamps, however) and we can use Tranversalis to teleport.

JAq9EKI.jpg

Onward, accross this bridge! We can walk in the water, but every once in a while, the game makes a "Swim" check I think (it might test another skill) and if they fail, they temporarily sink below the water level, which means they lose some Life Enerhy and also carries a chance to afflict your character with the Swamp Fever. I think that's what causes it, the NPCs talk about how the water here is bad, so it would make sense.

But we don't meet those until *much* later.

nFY2ePZ.jpg

As you can see, the Swamp Fever raises almost all of Jimmious's negative attributes (except for Superstition) sky-high and completely saps his Courage. So, basically he is a gibbering wreck. Poor guy.

DPTvWQX.jpg

These wooden platforms are the safest path though the swamp, but they still occassionaly trigger a random encounter. But there's not much of those here. 90% of the time here is spent wandering around, wondering where the are you supposed to go, as the NPCs only give very vague directions.

CKEa9rf.jpg

Next, we are attacked by some zombies. They are weak and I was sick of running from battle, so I've decided that we will win this fight, no matter what. Even though Jimmious kept going crazy from the Swamp Fever and randomly attacked Azira, you can see the aftermath in the picture.

m0BXsfo.jpg

No matter how many additional zombies will join the fight.

5KV1lpv.jpg

Once there were only a few left, I turned on autocombat to take care of the rest, as the zombies move *incredibly* slow. This fight weakened us considerably, however, and things only get worse from here.

lqvlKHC.jpg

Boreale caught Battlefield Fever from the zombies, while Azira has Dullskull, most likely from that unintended bath he/she took while crossing the ford.

25hxXEX.jpg

Oh, and Jimmious also has Battlefield Fever now, in addition to the Swamp Fever.

2RpbbeJ.jpg

And it's getting worse now. We have to get out of here and come back later.

SFAreM8.jpg

But we can't go back the way we came, because... something really terrible must have happened on our way here. Maybe it has something to do with Azira's identity crisis.

0IBinp9.jpg

QFKu02a.jpg

So we continue onward, looking for another exit from this hellhole.

ON30Pzf.jpg

Unfortunately, Jimmious has Swamp Fever and utterly fails. I think it was pointless to even try with him, seeing as his courage is 0. Nevill could try it too, as he has Treat Disease at a decent level, but I forgot I gave him those skills. I was using both Jimmious and Azira as main healers for so long I forgot that I also made secondary healers just in case something like this happens.

DfZNLAt.jpg

Oooh, a house! Maybe it's inhabited by a friendly healer that cures travelling adventures out of the goodness of her heart.

dcwnYPR.jpg

Or maybe it's just an abandoned shack infested by zombies.

3SlgY92.jpg

5R7GchL.jpg

We are in no shape to fight those zombies, even if there are only two of them, so Nevill channels his inner Rincewind and gets the hell out, while the zombies are busy chewing on Boreale.

O8S5HJu.jpg

Fortunatelly, it seems our brave Thorwalian doesn't taste very good either and even zombies don't want to eat him, so Nevill is busy dragging his 3 unconcious companions out of this wretched swamp. Well, he has 13 Strength, he is a Muscle Wizard, he can do this!

LvLXI0R.jpg

More zombies. Nevill heeds the advice of his former mentor, the great wizard Rincewind, and runs away as fast as he can.

C8dA7JU.jpg

9sjcjb9.jpg

Well, this house looks a lot nicer then the last one!

6JZACrr.jpg

We get some herbs, but I don't think we got all of the herbs needed to cure them and I didn't know Nevill was actually good at it. Our two healers were permanently unconcious due to being sick, as was Boreale.

PBetGlJ.jpg

There's also a well where we can drink and refill our waterskins (we don't have any). Good thing too, since we almost died of thirst.

4MPui3v.jpg

Whomever is inside the hut, we can't visit them, so onward we go!

Qa9roKG.jpg

Thankfully, the exit is somewhere near.

V0iJOP9.jpg

This is the map zoomed out as far as it can be. Notice how tiny the party indicator is. Normally, it's huge. It took me half an hour to go from one side to another, but that includes those random encounters.

Jx9qD4U.jpg

Finally, let's get out of here!

xk9jto8.jpg

Screw the gods, they didn't help us one bit!

(Well, ok, Nevill gave 4 silver to Hesinde)

1f3Q2Zc.jpg

Yes, finally, now we can travel to the nearest town and-

F1skcM4.jpg

(Yes, we had a Party Wipe, because they all took damage from not wearing shoes)

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 30: Nevill's Odyssey

Mn8Fcuw.jpg

This time, our heroes rest for a bit to regenerate some Life Energy, so that they won't die from being barefoot. Azira tries to heal atleast one of Jimmious's afflictions.

gs0eUbC.jpg

But it's Azira, so of course that fails.

LKU9pVy.jpg

Actually, it gets worse.

Y1qLztT.jpg

AZIRA! :argh:

Lpi9e36.jpg

Well, another one dead due to Azira's... less then stellar medical abilities. I guess Ice Elves treat diseases by leaving the ill elf outside their igloos for the wolves to eat.

Well, ok, maybe it was also due to Azira's Dullskull, but I didn't yet realize I've made Nevill my backup healer for emergencies. He'd probably fail too anyway.

:salute: to our departed dwarven friend. You were with us since the beginning and did so much. Jimmious was one of the most useful characters and I hoped that he will make it through all the way to the end, but sadly, it wasn't to be.

Also, Nevill is now leading us, since he is the only one not on the verge of death.

mlG0Lqj.jpg

Stupid shoes...

zvcw18H.jpg

He might not have a shirt either, but atleast he has that cool silver Magneto helmet, which is obviously all that he needs.

QaO5nMy.jpg

Oh my... It seems that Azira's dullskull changed into Blue Wheeze, which proved fatal. On his deathbed, the she-elf confesses that all this time, she was actually a man, but no one noticed. Well, you learn something new every day!

VWtD9xn.jpg

Well, now Azira is dead, Nevill is asleep and Boreale can't solo this.

Bu7yfKw.jpg

So it's time for a heroic retreat! Nevill wakes up a turn later and manages to flee also.

xPjIxKc.jpg

Svellmia, sounds like a lovely place. Hopefully, there will be a temple, healer and maybe even a general store so these two can buy shoes.

fWXOi9t.jpg

And there better be a well- sorry, fountain!

VWu7rSO.jpg

Unfortunately, turns out this place only has the well. :negative:

jZoGnKW.jpg

Well, atleast we won't die of thirst.

nn4WxeI.jpg

The locals seem to take Boreale and Nevill for beggars...

Well, we need to find a town with a temple, so let's move on.

vUKv0em.jpg

As you can see, this game has a lot of bugs.

6rxKCBo.jpg

We of course avoid the bugs, before they can corrupt our saves.

0XNpEE0.jpg

Well, Nevill's orientation sucks. There's no way we will get through here-

drnE9Mb.jpg

:what:

Well...

:excellent:

b6G2saW.jpg

More enemies to run from...

PU8tCLG.jpg

Like this ogre, who seems to follow us around a lot...

5ig9fG0.jpg

Of course, we have to make sure we rest appropriately, or we may start a random encounter asleep and lose instantly. Let's avoid that. Also, sabertooth tigers, woohoo! I didn't notice until now, I thought they were wolves.

JhFYCzk.jpg

It's actually at this moment I've realized that Nevill can actually heal very well, after he succeeded at healing Boreale to return the favor.

tB8yGof.jpg

Well, this sucks...

ItZrVTM.jpg

PyxllfD.jpg

I send Nevill hunting until at last he manages to find water.

qi56uXl.jpg

Oz8QHzk.jpg

Fortunatelly, Nevill saves Boreale from what would've been a rather embarassing death.

SWVeZ0A.jpg

...around the Tsa temple. Well, that's all we need!

gFbeMw1.jpg

This is the same event as we got WAAAAAY back pre-Dwarven Pit, but I accidentaly click yes like a moron.

1FMDUeq.jpg

So we have to run away from the pack of lions that shows up.

5UiYizt.jpg

We have no golmoon leaves or yoruga roots and Nevill failed Plant Lore 101, so he doesn't manage to find any herbs.

Tbh, I'm surprised that Boreale survived so far. Thought this would be just Nevill, but so far, Boreale is alive, if not well.

iRfkBCD.jpg

...well, this sucks.

QR9xlzG.jpg

Fortunately, we are almost there!

Also, Boreale is not sick anymore and I have no idea why, he is just randomly healthy again.

KGjkUn8.jpg

This is Sibra. That building on the right is the Tsa temple. You can also see a well- sorry, fountain where Nevill and Boreale drink to avoid becoming parched.

VhU6xuN.jpg

As you can see, Boreale no longer suffers from Battlefield Fever, even though it's supposedly deadly and Jimmious the dwarf died from it.

zUeMUKx.jpg

Here's the lovely Tsa temple.

jyG1aU0.jpg

Here you can see that Boreale's Battlefield Fever apparently expired. I guess it's not that deadly or maybe he got lucky and got healthy on his own?

CiuRDnU.jpg

Tsa doesn't answer our prayers, even though we've donated a lot of money in Lowangen...

MD5XG78.jpg

Here, Nevill and Boreale meet two new companions! Reinhardt the Witcher, a charismatic fellow good at persuasion and seduction, in spite of his appearance.

Au6QSW4.jpg

And also Helly 360 No Scope, a strange fellow with an even stranger name.

Turns out, Hunters are pretty good. They start out with great nature skills, around 8 in everything and are actually better then elves in Projectile Weapons. So they are a good character, unlike Warlocks, who pretty much suck.

21GwVOU.jpg

Well, atleast Reinhardt v3.0 is a competent healer. Unlike SOME people I could mention. Right, Azira?

NJ3WDN5.jpg

Next time, we return, with vengeance!

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only game where shoes are more SRS BSNS than AIDS.

Feel pretty :smug: about leaving all the people to die while having medic skills all along. And I'll look down and whisper "No."

Don't you get underleveled from having to renew your party every other update?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah that's the crazy part. I really duno how he survived with that kind of policy.
Most people just drag the dead bodies to Boron Temple and pray for miracle.

Eriador

Arbiter
You start just 50 XP shy of level 6, which is enough to almost max out your important skills, or rather get them to a high enough level that most of your attempts to increase them fail, so there's not that much difference between level 6 and level 12 other then Life Energy. And it's enough to max out your attack with your chosen weapon, if you forgo parry.

And t's not like you actually gain levels fast in this game, Boreale JUST NOW reached level 7, despite being in the party since the beginning.

I really wouldn't be able to keep this up in the original I think :D

Eriador

Arbiter
Feel pretty :smug: about leaving all the people to die while having medic skills all along. And I'll look down and whisper "No."

Well, we were missing Golmond anyway, which seems seriously rare for some reason, so I don't think it would make much of a difference, especially since your Treat Diseases was only about 7 or so.

I really wouldn't be able to keep this up in the original I think :D
Why? What mechanics are different to allow for this?

From what I understand, in the original, all newly generated characters start at level 1 and when a newly generated party leaves Kvirasim, they get that encounter with the Rondra priestess, which gives them 3 more levels, I think. I doubt you get that encounter a second time, so presumably all new characters would be level 1.

Here, newly generate characters start just 50 XP shy of level 6 and everyone now gets the Rondra priestess encounter, which gives 50 XP. Enough to bump newly generated characters up a level, but not enough to put the imported ones way ahead.

Last edited:

Eriador

Arbiter
Also, the game constantly trolls you and finds new and creatIve ways to screw you over and take away your hard-earned equipment, so there's not that much of a gap between imported parties and newly-generated ones.

da_rays

Augur
Ho my. you just gave
the motivation i need to start a BoD HD playthrough .

You gonna have to start to give them medals. Nevill for MVP.

Also a :obviously::salute: for Co. Boreale . Be it from too much ale , death(s) TM , butched treatment , shoes ( which is by far , the best way to wipe ) or dangerously vile disease that would dissolve any normal man, He just fucking shrug it off.
Thorwalian at his best.

Also :bounce: to see if Vazha had a good entry in his music career.

Eriador

Arbiter
Part 31: Swamps 2 - Nevill the Killstealer

UMeV5N4.jpg

Our new party jouneys back to the swamps!

5j6g2vU.jpg

We have enough daring to spare, into the swamps we go!

tJWxhZH.jpg

To test our daring, the gods spawn us a couple of meters up in the air as soon as we arrive, so we fall and hit the ground. Thankfully, this game doesn't have fall damage.

(this was the only time it hapenned, every other time we've arrived normally)

sGSBwHC.jpg

The swamp is as dreadfully boring as always.

LJ1drNh.jpg

We've used a different entry point, so we spawn far to the north.

muRWfRU.jpg

Helly already proves useful and noscopes the snake that was about to bite us.

1Vnt62w.jpg

Well, let's walk through the water for a bit, since there's no ground here anymore and I don't have the patience to walk through the vegetation.

sPPQ8Pe.jpg

I see houses! Civilization?

hq3loqh.jpg

Hopefully we manage to get there before we drown.

EcqHD5N.jpg

I walked slowly through the plants and here is the village! It's supposedly populated by lizardmen, but you never get to see any. :decline:

xryM9Zw.jpg

Maybe they are invisible. Come on, not even a picture?

ab5W29w.jpg

They talk like this all the time. Still, we need their help, option 2!

:obviously: "We help no one, becaussse no one helpssss ussss."

:rpgcodex: "And what if we were to help you?"

:obviously: The Lizard Man looks at you for a long time, then he turns to his people and they converse for a while in a language that sounds more like the hissing of a snake and the gurgle of swamp water than recognizable words to your ears. When he turns back toward you, his facial expression is unchanged, but the green color of his dorsal crest has darkened appreciably.

:obviously: "In ssse middle of sse sssswamp, easssst of here, sssere issss a big monsssster sssat hasss guzzzzzzzled a lot of our eggssss and ssssome of our besssst warriorssss already. Kill it, and we will help you." With that, he turns away, and the Lizard Men disperse. They are quite obviously attempting to avoid you.

Incredibly vague directions. I've spent an hour looking for that monster and it's not actually to the east, but rather southeast.

yInwbCl.jpg

Hear are the ruins near the village where we can rest.

xqDXfQQ.jpg

I march directly east of the village to find that monster.

DsmODdr.jpg

In the middle of the swamp, there's this huge, barren area. I thought this would be where the boss is, so I've searched the place many times. He actually isn't here, but further to the south.

hq3B2HQ.jpg

We get a random encounter with some orcs. They are pushovers and easily dealt with, so Reinhardt experiments with his magic.

GH2FMNV.jpg

However, it seems that unlike every other Summoning spell, Call Crows doesn't actually spawn a Crow Swarm to help us in battle, but it's a direct damage spell. It proves to be very effective against Reinhardt, who casts it on himself, since that's the way you normally summon creatures, by casting the spell on yourself.

Seriously, Warlocks suck, the only good spell they have is Witch Spit, which is a Balm of Healing that has a chance to cure illnesses.

IfGZPyu.jpg

This is the worst summon spell in the game. It removes Reinhardt's broom, so he has to fight barehanded for the rest of the battle.

H8wcBbj.jpg

The broom itself predictably does barely any damage, the most I've seen it do was 1, most of the time "ARMOR ABSORBS ALL DAMAGE". It's great for distraction and as a tank, but Skelettarius, Fury Blood and Summon Spirits do the same thing, do way more damage and you don't have to pay more AE to make them last longer.

gg9FTCx.jpg

Well, atleast Helly's LEET SKILLZ are way better. GG NOOBZ!

fHXqJBi.jpg

There's a tower in the distance, we'll go check it out.

ZkzHvmH.jpg

We also find this really important chest, called the Swamp Rantzy chest.

EKHHyWg.jpg

Inside, we find a shirt we give to Nevill, so that he doesn't have to walk around shirtless all the time. And also a net with a document.

T5kAneb.jpg

This is the document. We also found a scroll with some spell on it, obviously something we'll use later.

Fbal9CA.jpg

The next orc random encounter starts off pretty badly, as one orc walks up to Reinhardt, rolls a crit and one-shots him.

YUkfl7O.jpg

But Nevill saves him. For a while, atleast.

YCMv5oh.jpg
VwvDRdL.jpg

We continue searching for that beast.

p68zKtU.jpg

After quite a while of fruitless searching, we return to that hut to take revenge on those zombies.

4NJnN0x.jpg

Helly lives up to his surname and TOTALLY PWNZ one of the zombies with a crit, which is enough to kill it even though they are heavily resistant to arrows.

ftIgxJa.jpg

Every time we get parched, we drink from this well. We have lot's of food, so we can't really starve, but we still eat about half of our stockpile before we manage to find that dinosaur.

ZCiG4Rv.jpg

Also, Boreale caught Battlefield Fever from the zombies.

IhshAaO.jpg

Helly cures him, so that we don't have to test out his miraculous survival abilities once more.

xnCGjcT.jpg

We get a random encounter with some goblins and Reinhardt tries his Call Crows spell on one of them, but it only pops up about 5 Armor absorbs damage messages each time he casts it. I guess these unarmored goblins have a high armor rating.

Ig7tlSf.jpg

Let's check out that tower!

QWQHAab.jpg

Figures... :negative:

XGuIcuB.jpg

So we teleport away.

lCnbWg2.jpg

We also randomly find some ruins. The monster is actually a bit east of these ruins, but I thought that if anything significant was here, it would be in the ruins proper. And there wasn't anything.

CnCtOog.jpg

We also find a nice spot from which we can view the rest of this endless swamp.

cL5OPrz.jpg

Getting tired of this.

xEM1vI8.jpg

We encounter more Swamp Rantzies. Boreale and Helly are very effective against them, but there's too much of them, Reinhardt is useless and Nevill is unconcious, so we have to flee.

I actually tried to cast Meek You Be on the rantzies with Reinhardt, but they were still aggressive as always even though he succeeded, so either Reinhardt got some really crappy rolls, or that spell is useless.

Witches and Warlocks also don't get Master of Animals for some weird reason.

iVlDarN.jpg

The crows are useless as always.

4aoYe5p.jpg

Well, atleast Reinhardt can heal himself.

DhVxCcv.jpg

Let's bail, Reinhardt is expendable.

EmufJM7.jpg

Fortunatelly, Reinhardt isn't very tasty either. Boreale patches up Helly, while Helly takes care of Reinhardt.

CTtX2ds.jpg

A few steps later, we get another rantzy battle.

Zehq5Ap.jpg

One of the rantzies bites Reinhardt and kills him.

OpHIVcZ.jpg

Boreale abandons his comrades, fortunatelly the rantzies aren't hungry, so we don't lose anyone important.

ZFEovrr.jpg

I didn't actually rest, as soon as I set down to camp, Reinhardt got some random disease (probably swamp fever) and died. Oh well, no big loss! :troll:

sRldAeK.jpg

After we heal ourselves a bit, I decide to check the area around the ruins, walk east for a bit and out of nowhere, a battle with a giant dinosaur pops up. No fancy text or anything, it just throws us into the fight. I guess the dinosaur speaks for himself.

ZRuLbHd.jpg

Helly snipes the dino.

oUNFRCR.jpg

Boreale also does good damage.

uCcRadx.jpg

But they might as well not have bothered, because as soon as Nevill's turn comes up, he one-shots the boss with Paralyse. Killstealer! :argh: I'm sure Helly will whine about that noob on the forums all day and finally get him banned for using hacks.

gAWiTBE.jpg

Yay, he is paralysed! Totally not a threat anymore!

Or maybe they performed a coup-de-grace off-screen.

flhoyA2.jpg

Yeah, "east". More like southeast. And this is on no way the center of the swamp.

Eriador

Arbiter
We already have a Silvan Elf in our active party, since we are 1 update behind. You can choose something else or stick with the Silvan Elf and I'll add you to the list :D

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
see ya Reinhardt :hero:

You start just 50 XP shy of level 6, which is enough to almost max out your important skills, or rather get them to a high enough level that most of your attempts to increase them fail, so there's not that much difference between level 6 and level 12 other then Life Energy. And it's enough to max out your attack with your chosen weapon, if you forgo parry.

And t's not like you actually gain levels fast in this game, Boreale JUST NOW reached level 7, despite being in the party since the beginning.

This sounds pretty retarded.

Eriador

Arbiter
Well, it's Realms of Arkania, there are only a few skills you actually need, so if you know what to focus on, it becomes easy to minmax.

I've played the first 5 minutes of the original Star Trail to compare and my characters advanced to level 3 from that Rondra encounter. Also, two of them died. :D

Level 5 is roughly what you get if you import your party from Blade of Destiny while ignoring the side-content, so it's not that bad. I think Shadows over Riva has you start as level 6 and I think even newly generated characters in Shadows over Riva are level 6. I can only tell that from watching an LP though.

It's not like it's been a breeze so far, as you can see. :D
And btw, you can solo the original games with a Magician, so it's not like you actually neccessarily need any other party members:troll:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom