Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh, that's from the general RP survey they did?

I'd agree in general that co-op isn't important, but for D:OS2 I would consider it critical.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Race" in RPG:s is pretty far from race either way. It's a mechanics term, and for all intents and purposes, undeads are a race in Divinity: Original Sin 2.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

VsiPr.gif

Fry

Arcane
No one could have blamed Swen if he bashed that guy over the head with his keyboard.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find it weird that you can be an asshole in a game where the story moves the game forward. I mean if I would be playing with a couple of friends and one of the keep doing stupid things he would get kicked eventually. Not sure I see the future in this kind of co-op. Maybe for some light hearted shit and giggles.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I find it weird that you can be an asshole in a game where the story moves the game forward. I mean if I would be playing with a couple of friends and one of the keep doing stupid things he would get kicked eventually. Not sure I see the future in this kind of co-op. Maybe for some light hearted shit and giggles.

I mean, have you ever played tabletop games?

Players are assholes and undermine each other constantly, screwing each other over in the most horrible ways.

In the Curse of Strhad campaign that was released for the 5e, our party was in Strahd's Castle, at the end of the campaign. Strahd made an offer to give whichever one of us betrayed the rest of the party great power in Ravenloft. We got into the final battle in Strahd's tomb and then our necromantic wizard backstabbed me (the cleric) with Finger of Death, killing me outright and giving Strahd the opening he needed to destroy the entire party. This was after almost five months and 20-30 role playing sessions of working together

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have, but not in that way. So you think those kind of things would translate well over to Divinity? Have a hard time seeing it if it's anything like the first game.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

I played a tabletop game of D&D a few years ago and I played with the plan and giving suggestion to the rest of my party that the people with the melee classes should have been the ones risking themselves so that I (cleric) could stay out of harms way and heal them, because it would be the most pragmatic choice for our given roles to benefit the group, and of course they all turned on me and fucked me over because I was being the logical one and none of them had a single ounce of knowledge of D&D systems.

Suffice to say I learned my lesson, people are shit, so I'm sticking with ToEE.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Players are assholes and undermine each other constantly, screwing each other over in the most horrible ways.

In the Curse of Strhad campaign that was released for the 5e, our party was in Strahd's Castle, at the end of the campaign. Strahd made an offer to give whichever one of us betrayed the rest of the party great power in Ravenloft. We got into the final battle in Strahd's tomb and then our necromantic wizard backstabbed me (the cleric) with Finger of Death, killing me outright and giving Strahd the opening he needed to destroy the entire party. This was after almost five months and 20-30 role playing sessions of working together

You were *actually* surprised by this? You really suck at PnP....

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You were *actually* surprised by this? You really suck at PnP....

I wasn't surprised (the player in question had a history of treachery in other games) but there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. Two members of our team had bit the dust already, 4 were left, extremely limited resting in a long dungeon, so if we didn't work together we weren't going to win the campaign.

I have, but not in that way. So you think those kind of things would translate well over to Divinity? Have a hard time seeing it if it's anything like the first game.

I dunno about the main campaign, but I saw them adapt a D&D module in stream once that made the system look pretty promising. I only follow updates in a cursory way though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom