Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets a new story trailer, now available for preorder on Steam

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The much more unappealing part about the trailer, IMO, is that it paints the game as having a typical hollywood coming of age story of a shitpeasant becoming some great force of vengeance because his home village got burned down or whatever.

This. A shame since it's a new direction they took with their trailers, they used to make good ones, even amazing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll say it again... I thought this was supposed to be story-light with a heavy emphasis on combat a la Mount & Blade. Now people are saying the combat is like Skyrim? For realziez, yo?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'll say it again... I thought this was supposed to be story-light with a heavy emphasis on combat a la Mount & Blade. Now people are saying the combat is like Skyrim? For realziez, yo?

Dem reading skillz. Combat is as far from Skyrim as possible, which is kindda obvious from any relevant video.

I was talking about the RPG mechanics, mostly character development. The devs openly talked about it being their inspiration.

Paul_cz

Arcane

It has "you learn by doing" character skill system, similar to Skyrim.
It is first person.
You use swords (if you want).

That is where the similarities end.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is this an actual rpg? Or just more survival/crafting game nonsense with some rpg-lite elements?
there is this website, called rpgcodex.net, that posted some articles about it that you can check out, like this preview for example

http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10394

Is there a website called rpgcodex? No way jose! I can read a bunch of hyperbole from staff that have no idea what rpgs are and put games like Battle brothers in the grpg forums, or I can ask and hope a knowledgeable community member who actually likes and knows what an rpg is can answer the question. I'm sure you are a child and know shit and think crafting games or survival games with no content are rpgs, but I don't give a shit what you think and hate you because your taste hurts the genre I love. If you cannot answer a question of mine competently and with certainty given to you by your vast experience playing rpgs for decades, and you play mainly real rpgs and not console trash or hipster bullshit, your links to nonsense and any responses you have are unwanted and unneeded.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Is this an actual rpg? Or just more survival/crafting game nonsense with some rpg-lite elements?
there is this website, called rpgcodex.net, that posted some articles about it that you can check out, like this preview for example

Is there a website called rpgcodex? No way jose! I can read a bunch of hyperbole from staff that have no idea what rpgs are and put games like Battle brothers in the grpg forums, or I can ask and hope a knowledgeable community member who actually likes and knows what an rpg is can answer the question. I'm sure you are a child and know shit and think crafting games or survival games with no content are rpgs, but I don't give a shit what you think and hate you because your taste hurts the genre I love. If you cannot answer a question of mine competently and with certainty given to you by your vast experience playing rpgs for decades, and you play mainly real rpgs and not console trash or hipster bullshit, your links to nonsense and any responses you have are unwanted and unneeded.

You asked a retarded question that even cursory google search would answer you. So I answered you like the retard you are. Cry me a river.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You asked a retarded question that even cursory google search would answer you. So I answered you like the retard you are. Cry me a river.

If that was true I'd know if this was an actual rpg or not, which I don't. I'm guessing since it is attracting the attention of people like you it isn't and I can safely skip it and miss nothing.

Paul_cz

Arcane
If that was true I'd know if this was an actual rpg or not, which I don't. I'm guessing since it is attracting the attention of people like you it isn't and I can safely skip it and miss nothing.

It is not an RPG for retarded people, no. So unless you actually aren't one, you should probably skip it indeed.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

It is not an RPG for retarded people, no. So unless you actually aren't one, you should probably skip it indeed.

Sure, kid. I'm sure you know a ton about rpgs by watching other people play the best ones on youtube, like minecraft, Zelda, undertale, etc. I play real rpgs for adults, not your console shit for stupid children made to be extremely simple and easy so more kids watch other people play it online instead of playing it themselves. Being called a retard by one of you is like having a downie tell you his chromosomes make him superior.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom