Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Yes! SUCH A SIN! I AM A LINK PUSHER!

I was happy enough to leave it at the bottom, But they kept deleting the application's name, which is DECLINE.

Zep--

Lord Andre

Arcane
Yes! SUCH A SIN! I AM A LINK PUSHER!

I was happy enough to leave it at the bottom, But they kept deleting the application's name, which is DECLINE.

Zep--

For what it's worth, it's really nice to have an editor for when you need to hack in an item for a broken quest and similar stuff so... :salute:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
His link is still there, but he kept pushing it to the top on the main page ahead of all the other links. And of course now he is the poor soul wrongly done by.

The ban is only for a week, by the way.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
His link is still there, but he kept pushing it to the top on the main page ahead of all the other links. And of course now he is the poor soul wrongly done by.

The ban is only for a week, by the way.

Wrong. I only began pushing to the top after you kept deleting the App's name.

BTW, Show me where that rule is? I looked all over the wiki and didn't find it.

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
Where is Elias Conachur?

I met him at his cabin, got from Shrike the quest to kill or capture him, but now he's never at home. Tried day and night. Le fuck?

Locate Person says he's still there.

(which reminds me, Locate Person crashes the game after Morgana LeFey. I suspect the cultprit might be Medea or Qorl, if entries are sorted by area?)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I met him at his cabin, got from Shrike the quest to kill or capture him, but now he's never at home. Tried day and night. Le fuck?

Cleve says you may need to sleep a couple times and then he should be in the cabin. Don't know if it works. It's the same with Morraha now.

mondblut

Arcane
I suppose I can hack his ring in, but I'd much rather recruit him and deliver to Vanguard as I planned :(

Viata

Arcane

Cleve says you may need to sleep a couple times and then he should be in the cabin. Don't know if it works. It's the same with Morraha now.

Slept for weeks there already :negative:
Yeah Morraha is also not working. And neither is any of those NPC that you can't encounter anymore.

ukdouble1

Educated
When the berserker goes into a rage, he can either get a painful condition "berserk" (and begin to beat party members), or to stay healthy and increase his own damage. What determines what will happen to him?

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Also, what's that with the locked gate within Acme dungeon? Opened from the other side as customary?

Do you mean the one with the magic mouth near it? Consult company history in a separate room. You'll need to provide water for those Fantasia-esque brooms fist, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
If you mean the locked gate up north, then you come through it from elsewhere

Guard Barracks, via Kublai Axis second Vault entrance, via Shrike's key

Kayerts

Arcane
Where is Elias Conachur?

(which reminds me, Locate Person crashes the game after Morgana LeFey. I suspect the cultprit might be Medea or Qorl, if entries are sorted by area?)

I had difficulty finding him, too.
Try 100% exploring his cabin.
There's a secret door there, hiding a room with a set of manacles inside. I think you have to trigger it before he'll show up. He spawns back by the entrance; you'll find him on your way out.

mondblut

Arcane
Where is Elias Conachur?

I had difficulty finding him, too.
Try 100% exploring his cabin.
There's a secret door there, hiding a room with a set of manacles inside. I think you have to trigger it before he'll show up. He spawns back by the entrance; you'll find him on your way out.

Of course I explored his cabin and found secret door. He only appears for the first time once you did, and I did meet him. Problem is, he doesn't show up anymore when you need him for the quest.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, here is the relevant part:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 23 hours ago

Frustrating to test the heck out of it, then still have it not work. I just thought of a reason that could be failing. It might be that the savegame data for the NPC is actually overwriting the revised data loaded at the start of a new game. I might add a small hack to fix this in next update.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Didn't get any neurophrites. God I hated Neurophrites/Psyclops/etc., probably the single most annoying enemies in the game. I ended up turning off random encounters in Gideon simply to avoid them as much as possible.
I hated Aliens the most. Fucking calling their friends and throwing net and whatnot, it was rounds of not doing anything while they keep throwing nets and calling comrades(to the point of not being able to call more thanks to filled the rows).
Yeah, what I did was cast level 7 haste on my bard w/ a lyre of paralysis and hope he could cc as many of them as he could before they threw nets, then wipe them out with freezing sphere. The
mecha
were even more aggravating with high speed and what seemed like a million attacks before you could even strike back.

By the way, I got the
crate ending
and the
barrel ending
, how do you get the “good” endings? (Which I presume involves
winding the clock and not giving the ayy lmaos the black seed

Viata

Arcane
By the way, I got the
crate ending
and the
barrel ending
, how do you get the “good” endings? (Which I presume involves
winding the clock and not giving the ayy lmaos the black seed
I did 4 endings, the 4 were like that. The crate, the barrel, gave the black seed to those Bounty Hunter(both give the same ending), and the one you get if you put the havoc seed on that Metronome or something like that. The Ahriman one requires me to restart the game, so I can't tell how is it. As for the others, I don't know any. Giving the havoc seed to the owl do nothing, so i found it strange he just says "take this shit away from this world" instead of doing something

Mortmal

Arcane
Thanks , this game is really for masochistic players.

For sure...I went left and discovered the whole map b4 I FOUND TURTLE..

But...my chars were hacked with max skills so it didn't really phase me.

Zep--
Thats what i should have done it too. There was not a single step of water to cross before that level, no reason to level it, then it become absolutely mandatory. How are you supposed to find a secret door, when you cant survive two tiles...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How does super identify work ? I've never bothered so far. If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ? So far I can only do that with stuff that's not identified yet.

IDed items can only be super-IDed via an oracle, unfortunately. It is prudent not to id anything that looks important until you get improved id, then use that.

But my sage automatically assays stuff when I loot it.
rating_negativeman.png

I think quest items are not auto-assayed. I'll cast max super id before I assay those.

But stuff like a broadsword I'll never be able to see in the journal except through oracles or npcs like Smithers.

:negative:

You can still super-Id items that are already identified with an improved Identify spell.

Lord Andre

Arcane
How does super identify work ? I've never bothered so far. If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ? So far I can only do that with stuff that's not identified yet.

IDed items can only be super-IDed via an oracle, unfortunately. It is prudent not to id anything that looks important until you get improved id, then use that.

rating_negativeman.png

I think quest items are not auto-assayed. I'll cast max super id before I assay those.

But stuff like a broadsword I'll never be able to see in the journal except through oracles or npcs like Smithers.

You can still super-Id items that are already identified with an improved Identify spell.

And get the journal entry ? How ?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

rating_negativeman.png

And get the journal entry ? How ?

Sorry I ment just the super ID , if you want the journal entry you'll have to use smithers.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Sorry I ment just the super ID , if you want the journal entry you'll have to use smithers.

I think I mentioned this before but it's worth noting.

If you cast super id before opening a chest everything that would normally get auto-assayed as the chest opens will get a journal entry if it has one.

This helps when there's a new type of ring or amulet in the chest and its journal entry would be lost if normal auto-assaying kicks in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom