Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Biomutant - open world post-apocalyptic kung fu with furries

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure looks more interesting than ELEX.

:bunkertime:
why-not-both-gif-5.gif

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I always have had quite a bit of love for middle market games. This might be a nice way to have the developers prove themselves and how good they are. I'm not too fond of the cutesy art style and animal characters though, and the game probably won't have a very dark story or atmosphere because of that. The furfags will probably love this shit.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear. Equip a gasmask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.

Unleash your creativity when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications from cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials, that’ll give edge to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton – the scrap-toy sidekick!

The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Acquiring new Wushu combat styles through progression, and learning from masters you’ll meet, constantly adds to your choices and makes sure combat never gets old.

You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations such as mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations including telekinesis, levitation and more.

You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more. Traverse the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.

Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down…

Although you are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No but I like the world design better. Combat will likely also be much superior to the clunky Piranha shit.
You have strayed from the path, my friend.
But fret not, ELEX will enlighten you in your darkest hour.

About Biomutant... well, it doesn't look too shabby. But the furry stuff is kind of a cock blocker for me. I mean... was that really necessary?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Why are people so obsessed with ELEX in this thread and think that it will solve the world's problems?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What? I'm sleeping!

... What's this?

THQ? They never publish anything good.

Aaaaand what in the world is this Exlax game you are talking about but that hasn't been talked about? Never heard of it.

Back to sleep.

Nice rant on page two ñ.ñ

:bounce:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I don't know. They sure danced around not showing any combat animations in sequence. But still, I'm interested.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Experiment 101 is creating an action adventure RPG centred around a ragged raccoon with mutations and bionic enhancements called BioMutant. Earlier today we mentioned how one of our furry friend's associates is a lot like Q from James Bond, and in the same interview Ljungqvist explains that he's not a fan of fetch quests so they're gone entirely from the game.

"I'm not a huge fan of collect/fetch quests," Ljungqvist told us toward the end of the lengthy interview. "I don't think we have any of those. So what we try to do is to have what we call secret discovers, or exploration, where actually find something interesting in the world and that will give you a small personal quest line that will give you some form of reward. I'm trying to avoid some really particular examples but maybe I should give one.

"You saw for example, blowing in the shellhorn, at the end of the demo. That's one type of thing that you might stumble upon so there's a couple of horns that will blow air onto the surface of the water and wake something up from beneath the surface. That will have a second impact on for example, if you use [...] to go fishing, something can happen. I won't spoil it, that's why I'm trying to stay clear of that, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist if you know Moby Dick, to find out what's going to happen."

Check out the full interview below and let us know what you think in the comments.
Can't copy/paste the video for some reason, it's in there:
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/585133/BioMutant+wont+have+any+fetch+quests/

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Experiment 101 is creating an action adventure RPG centred around a ragged raccoon with mutations and bionic enhancements called BioMutant. Earlier today we mentioned how one of our furry friend's associates is a lot like Q from James Bond, and in the same interview Ljungqvist explains that he's not a fan of fetch quests so they're gone entirely from the game.

"I'm not a huge fan of collect/fetch quests," Ljungqvist told us toward the end of the lengthy interview. "I don't think we have any of those. So what we try to do is to have what we call secret discovers, or exploration, where actually find something interesting in the world and that will give you a small personal quest line that will give you some form of reward. I'm trying to avoid some really particular examples but maybe I should give one.

"You saw for example, blowing in the shellhorn, at the end of the demo. That's one type of thing that you might stumble upon so there's a couple of horns that will blow air onto the surface of the water and wake something up from beneath the surface. That will have a second impact on for example, if you use [...] to go fishing, something can happen. I won't spoil it, that's why I'm trying to stay clear of that, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist if you know Moby Dick, to find out what's going to happen."

Check out the full interview below and let us know what you think in the comments.
Can't copy/paste the video for some reason, it's in there:
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/585133/BioMutant+wont+have+any+fetch+quests/

This will be interesting if they can make it work, which I highly doubt they will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom