Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

ukdouble1

Educated
Burning Oil (28,32,45) + Cure Lt. Condition = Super Burning Oil (40 - 50 dmg to single foe).

Please inform me if Alchemistry is trainable.
For a long time it seemed to me that the magic skills do not train at all. I made about 50 cans, but I did not get a single one in Alchemistry. But once I got +1 in sorcery (more of this did not happen).

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Burning Oil (28,32,45) + Cure Lt. Condition = Super Burning Oil (40 - 50 dmg to single foe).

Please inform me if Alchemistry is trainable.
For a long time it seemed to me that the magic skills do not train at all. I made about 50 cans, but I did not get a single one in Alchemistry. But once I got +1 in sorcery (more of this did not happen).

But my list shows this gives neutralize poison are you sure you did not mix it with stink bomb?

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Did you get
3x Neurophrites in Knossos
fight?

Wondering if they are random as well, would be p. asshole place for RNG.

The boss himself went down early but those three cunts made my fighters insane, leading to a "fun" circle of death. One-hit-crit -> resurrection -> one-hit-crit.
Didn't get any neurophrites. God I hated Neurophrites/Psyclops/etc., probably the single most annoying enemies in the game. I ended up turning off random encounters in Gideon simply to avoid them as much as possible.

Mortmal

Arcane
At chambers of water right now, it seems i am supposed to summon a turtle, but i have nothing in inventory to do that... So i swimmed to the funeral pyre , something extremely painful as it required step in water , level swimming, step back rince repeat, till i had enough skill to cross 2 tiles.Now that i give the ashes to the dirge, unless i am wrong the only aprt to keep exploring are those underwater chambers.
So i am supposed to spend hours to raise swimming skills or there's something else to do ?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So i am supposed to spend hours to raise swimming skills or there's something else to do ?

From where you enter, turn right, go 1 step turn right again, go 2 steps, hidden door, go in, find turtle.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Thanks , this game is really for masochistic players.

For sure...I went left and discovered the whole map b4 I FOUND TURTLE..

But...my chars were hacked with max skills so it didn't really phase me.

Zep--

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Alternate way from your cell in Axis Gaol:
Find Royal Leaflet
Sleep in one of the straw beds and get ink quill
Using character with 25 Scribe (Read Magic works) open workshop
Merge quill and leaflet to get forged pardon letter
Dunno how it works, I found it after beating Arena.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
More craftings:
Gauche + poison dust = poison knife - you have to click the "Apply poison" button, not "merge items"
Poison dust + hunting knife = ?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
While messing around in the workshop I have noticed some things:

Some weapons have in their super ID the keyword *sharpen* , when you put those weapons in the workbench and click them with any character the "Sharpen edge" button is clickable, however as far as I see this does nothing...
I tried it with all my characters with no results. However when I do this with my Cleric I get another option highlighted and clickable "Enchant Aura" - but alas, no results here either.

Maybe I need to put something in the 2nd slot?

Any ideas? anyone knows anything about these?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I do not know, it's a bug, exploit or rule, but in order to mix two reagents, do not need to have declared level in alchemy. If long and hard to press the "merge" button, you will succeed (but at the same time there is a chance to lose components and get nothing).

I tried this for an hour with different skills, party members and items and was not able to reproduce this... even with a character that was missing 1 point in the crafting skill , I spammed the craft button and it just says my skill is not high enough.

osefmarcher

Literate
Dracaena Petals + Arsenic = Poison Dust
Woundwort + Amaranth = Bag of Slumber
Woundwort + Cure lt. wounds = Cure Heavy Wounds
Woundwort + Cure lt. condition = Cure Paralysis
Black Lotus + Arsenic = Poison Dust
Harpy Crown + Blood Tamarinde = Blink
Arsenic + Grave Moss = Wolfbane
Arsenic + Coffin Orchid = Sleep Sand
Whiterot + Peckle plantain = Stink Bomb

ukdouble1

Educated
I tried this for an hour
I think that the char should have a "alchemy" skill. My thaumaturge (with an insufficient level of skill) did medusa dust for me.
Now checked - thaumaturge with alchemy - 57 makes medusa dust (with the requirement 62) per 1-2 clicks. I wanted to post a video, but I could not do the capture: Fraps does not work with this game. But I can drop the save file.
Pilgrim tea + Lithe liquer = stone to flash (this time exactly checked).

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I tried this for an hour
I think that the char should have a "alchemy" skill. My thaumaturge (with an insufficient level of skill) did medusa dust for me.
Now checked - thaumaturge with alchemy - 57 makes medusa dust (with the requirement 62) per 1-2 clicks. I wanted to post a video, but I could not do the capture: Fraps does not work with this game. But I can drop the save file.
Pilgrim tea + Lithe liquer = stone to flash (this time exactly checked).

Thanks, I'll give it another try when my thief gets a level up.

Added Burning oil + neutral medium = True seeing, I also updated my original list but I think I'll stick with the wiki updates

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
alchemy and shit - anyone ever made something actually useful? Like, um, permanent stat bonuses or something mighty cool and not replicable with spells? I used to see all these potions and dusts as direct vendor fodder, maybe I am missing on something great?

On a completely unrelated note: how to make use of Entropy Axe? I know it is somehow supposed to invoke an NPC, I am more interested in having another good weapon instead, but it can't be equipped either.

ukdouble1

Educated
And if I can somehow view the current (taking into account the things put on) stats and parameters of the character? For example, I found the swordsman ring. The character automatically identified him, and I can not use "advanced recognition". Nothing has been written in the property box. The steam manual says +12 to sword/age. Where i could get such information in game?

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
Didn't get any neurophrites. God I hated Neurophrites/Psyclops/etc., probably the single most annoying enemies in the game. I ended up turning off random encounters in Gideon simply to avoid them as much as possible.
I hated Aliens the most. Fucking calling their friends and throwing net and whatnot, it was rounds of not doing anything while they keep throwing nets and calling comrades(to the point of not being able to call more thanks to filled the rows).

Lord Andre

Arcane
And if I can somehow view the current (taking into account the things put on) stats and parameters of the character? For example, I found the swordsman ring. The character automatically identified him, and I can not use "advanced recognition". Nothing has been written in the property box. The steam manual says +12 to sword/age. Where i could get such information in game?

When taking items from chests if they are auto-assayed then you can't cast super-id on them for the journal entry.

But:

1. Quest items are never auto-assayed when picked up so you can always super-id them afterwards.

2. If you have super-id running before opening the chest, than everything getting auto-assayed gets a journal entry.

TLDR: Cast super-id before opening chests to get all possible journal entries.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Did you get
3x Neurophrites in Knossos
fight?

Wondering if they are random as well, would be p. asshole place for RNG.

The boss himself went down early but those three cunts made my fighters insane, leading to a "fun" circle of death. One-hit-crit -> resurrection -> one-hit-crit.
If a fighter becomes insane during combat, you can
order them to hide, which will prevent them from doing damage to your own party members.

alchemy and shit - anyone ever made something actually useful? Like, um, permanent stat bonuses or something mighty cool and not replicable with spells? I used to see all these potions and dusts as direct vendor fodder, maybe I am missing on something great?

On a completely unrelated note: how to make use of Entropy Axe? I know it is somehow supposed to invoke an NPC, I am more interested in having another good weapon instead, but it can't be equipped either.
I found both an Entropy Axe
in Caverns of Zandrithar and an Entropy Sword in Dark Warrens, but I don't know what to do with them. I wonder if they're related to the Temple of Hathor-Sogg?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Awww...little Clevey Jr. got butthurt. Give somebody a little power and you can see what the man is really made of....

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your username or IP address has been blocked.

The block was made by LadyError. The reason given is Stop pushing your own link ahead of other links.

Zep--

Lord Andre

Arcane
Awww...little Clevey Jr. got butthurt. Give somebody a little power and you can see what the man is really made of....

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your username or IP address has been blocked.

The block was made by LadyError. The reason given is Stop pushing your own link ahead of other links.

Zep--

You were pushing your link in front of the others ? :lol:

mondblut

Arcane
I found both an Entropy Axe
in Caverns of Zandrithar and an Entropy Sword in Dark Warrens, but I don't know what to do with them. I wonder if they're related to the Temple of Hathor-Sogg?

Nope, Temple of Hathor Sogg is an area unlocked by item from Eerie Wastes start. There are 5 statues with arcana spellbooks (needs high WIL to take), 3 fountains raising specific skills to 20, a couple of stat increases, a few very high-level random chests, supergood staff for your wizard and tons of medusas to loot their heads from, but nothing quest-related.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom