Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I do not know, it's a bug, exploit or rule, but in order to mix two reagents, do not need to have declared level in alchemy. If long and hard to press the "merge" button, you will succeed (but at the same time there is a chance to lose components and get nothing).

Very intresting, this means that you can actually try to guess what the "?" is in some of these if your skill is not high enough. I don't think it's a bug.

Tigranes

Arcane
This must be another simple one where I missed something obvious. Mandarin home, the final puzzle about beast and fire? But to get this far I had to get rid of those fire elementals. ~95% map on both levels.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Throw wood in and check each time whether they are silent, then pull the rope. I think it takes about 4 pieces of wood. If it's too much or too little, it won't come out. Unless you're talking about something else.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, I did that. I did all the trials and explored 95% of the map for both Parlour and Donjon. Now there's a room where you're warned not to fight the powerful beast, and a plaque talking about how fire must settle a strong belly.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I feel like I'm missing something really obvious and it's driving me up the wall. Where is the
pirate hat I need to enter smuggler hideout? I have the eyepatch and the parrot.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I killed Grendel, but I noticed strange thing. There are two skulls breathing mist around door to Grendel and they accept rhattu bones from Ziggurat Apex. Bones are critical, but, apparently, after killing Grendel, they are not. What are you supposed to do with them? Poison them and throw into Grendel's soup via this skull?
Raise Dead doesn't work.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I killed Grendel, but I noticed strange thing. There are two skulls breathing mist around door to Grendel and they accept rhattu bones from Ziggurat Apex. Bones are critical, but, apparently, after killing Grendel, they are not. What are you supposed to do with them? Poison them and throw into Grendel's soup via this skull?
Raise Dead doesn't work.

The bones should disappear after you use them.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, I did that. I did all the trials and explored 95% of the map for both Parlour and Donjon. Now there's a room where you're warned not to fight the powerful beast, and a plaque talking about how fire must settle a strong belly.

Fuck me sideways, looks like just fighting it is the answer.

mondblut

Arcane
I feel like I'm missing something really obvious and it's driving me up the wall. Where is the
pirate hat I need to enter smuggler hideout? I have the eyepatch and the parrot.

Hidden smuggler portion of Hall of Commerce (SW). It just lies in a corner of one of the rooms, maybe on a skeleton sprite. Locate item/detect secrets as usual.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If you enter Grendel's lair without feeding bones to magic mouths first, it says that you feel your magic won't function here. Dunno if actually works as intended.
Checked it. I have save game in the Path of Elders, and magic is still suppressed even after feeding bones to the mouth. There are two mouths, though. maybe second wants bones too...

mondblut

Arcane
If you enter Grendel's lair without feeding bones to magic mouths first, it says that you feel your magic won't function here. Dunno if actually works as intended.
Checked it. I have save game in the Path of Elders, and magic is still suppressed even after feeding bones to the mouth. There are two mouths, though. maybe second wants bones too...

Yep, need both.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Hidden smuggler portion of Hall of Commerce (SW). It just lies in a corner of one of the rooms, maybe on a skeleton sprite. Locate item/detect secrets as usual.

Thank you so much! I had explored that map 100% with detect secrets, but it seems that detect secrets doesn't show anything on the correct square. Locate item did the trick.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Did you get
3x Neurophrites in Knossos
fight?

Wondering if they are random as well, would be p. asshole place for RNG.

The boss himself went down early but those three cunts made my fighters insane, leading to a "fun" circle of death. One-hit-crit -> resurrection -> one-hit-crit.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Are Vamphyrs just a bad race choice? With the -50% stats and also as I just discovered not being able to raise them from the dead they seem terrible.

Its a shame as I like the idea.

Vamphyr, drow and human are bad.

Lord Andre

Arcane
I have a vampire necromancer and I haven't had reason to complain. Probably not worth for any other class though.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Would you like me to add to my original list more stuff or post as a new post?

After some more testing:
paralysis dust + poison dust = medusa dust
Paralysis dust + ? ( not enough alchemistry ) = ?

Here are my work notes:

Gauche - M 10
Poison Dust - M 12, 34

Whiterot - A 20
Centaur Bane - A 36
Valerian Root - A 30, 50, 64, 75
Harpy Crown - A 45
Dracaena Petals - A 20
Cure Heavy Wounds - A 22 24 30
Pilgrim Tea - A 28
Cherry Wine - A 34
Paralysis Dust - A 36 62

Black Lotus (16) + Arsenic = ?
Burning Oil (28,32,45) + Cure Lt. Condition = ?

Recipes:
Cure Lt. Wounds (8) + Cure Lt. Condition = Cure Heavy Wounds
Lethe Liqeur (12) + Cure Lt. Condition = Cure Paralysis
Cure Heavy Wounds (16) + Cherry Wine = Neutralize Poison
Nematic Dust(18) + Mandrake Root = Paralysis Dust

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Would you like me to add to my original list more stuff or post as a new post?

After some more testing:
paralysis dust + poison dust = medusa dust
Paralysis dust + ? ( not enough alchemistry ) = ?

Here are my work notes:

Gauche - M 10
Poison Dust - M 12, 34

Whiterot - A 20
Centaur Bane - A 36
Valerian Root - A 30, 50, 64, 75
Harpy Crown - A 45
Dracaena Petals - A 20
Cure Heavy Wounds - A 22 24 30
Pilgrim Tea - A 28
Cherry Wine - A 34
Paralysis Dust - A 36 62

Black Lotus (16) + Arsenic = ?
Burning Oil (28,32,45) + Cure Lt. Condition = ?

Recipes:
Cure Lt. Wounds (8) + Cure Lt. Condition = Cure Heavy Wounds
Lethe Liqeur (12) + Cure Lt. Condition = Cure Paralysis
Cure Heavy Wounds (16) + Cherry Wine = Neutralize Poison
Nematic Dust(18) + Mandrake Root = Paralysis Powder

Thanks , I updated my original list.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Rpguy
BTW, I could not train Alchemistry even for +1 after mixing 5-6 potions. Please inform me if Alchemistry is trainable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom