Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware After Reset - vaporware Fallout clone

TheGameSquid

Scholar
I remember watching some footage of it on the day it was released in Early Access. Looked more than a bit shit.

The best part though: this thing actually has "mixed" reviews on Steam.

:negative:

Fargus

Arcane
It was too good to be true anyway. This "fallout killer" had scam written all over it from the start. Just look at the damn concept arts, looks familiar isnt it? :lol:

79ee80a42d078e1a46e1044dd39feb20.jpg

1_AfterResetRPGconceptart060.png

1_AfterResetRPGconceptart056.png
Ocassionally i go to After Reset steam forums just to laugh at how persistent and desperate this Nixon guy is. He still keeps this illusion that his studio actually working on the game.

Last edited:
Thing is though, didn't the fella behind this "Richard Nixon" already have a track record of not delivering.
This was supposed to be the latest incarnation of his scam, this being the second or third time.

Didn't he do something regarding a NWN persistent server?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I saw a Steam review, which said that Nixon dude is doing a pateron for his "new" game. I couldn't find anything though. Any clues?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Maybe someone interested that I found mr. Nixon on other RPG forum several days ago and asked him when he will release his game. The answer is short - when he get free of bugs version from his dev's. After that he will put buggy version (I suppose version that selling for 50$ right now) as free demo on Steam.

As I see my game will be released much faster than AF. Seriously.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING

You wouldn’t believe but that man (Jeffrey Pritz) who stole the money from us and finally wrote that he would never give them back – he has kept trolling us :( He knows that we put all our savings into development and have languished paying for it and working 10-12h/day. And he kept sending pictures and his videos trolling “That’s how I live on Hawaii on you money I stole” *facepalm*

Last edited:

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING

Yeah. It's pretty old video. Another babycry text.

I think After Reset haven't been finished cause everything in the game was from Unity Asset Store (vfx, some models etc.) and code based on PlayMaker Unity plugin. It's a visual code generator like diagrams and blocks in Visio.

You can find PlayMaker menu on the last video

And now Nixon moved to mobile development

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
It's hard to believe but Mr.Nixon started to scam develop yet another fallout killer game! I present you: Encased. The kickstarter campaign successfully finished with €105,745 of 2,938 suckers.

As for After reset, we have repeatedly said that our studio is not related to the development of this game.

Of course After Reset was "developed" by Black Cloud Studios, this vapourware by Dark Crystal Games of Black Cloud Studios. Yeah, right...
More information in this Steam discussion: Encased: New RPG from After Reset team now on Kickstarter
Hello! My name is Vladimir, and I am one of the backers of After Reset RPG, a game that gathered 90.000 USD from 3000 backers on Kickstarter, after which the developers just dissapeared with the money. I found out that developers behind the scam now refurbished their company as "Dark Crystal Games" the name of the new money grab is "Encased old-school RPG". The head designer behind the failed After Reset, Andrey Lyapichev aka Weilard aka Mr.Nixon is leading this new team. Please, spread this information around. As a person who lost $250 backing their previous scam I can't simply sit around and see it happen again to the new people these criminals try to fool with their fake campaign!

All the needed proof is in the attachment and the links below. Please, do something about it. Help stop the scam
1. http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/after-reset-classic-post-apocalyptic-role-playing-game.199729/page-5
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HEbTGJj.png
2. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ld-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/description
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HEbU7Wf.png
3. https://twitter.com/Weilard
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HEbUFR8.png

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
2.2. Kickstarter promises
After Reset: We were inspired by "Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment"!
Encased: We were inspired by "Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment"!

After Reset: "Massive alien structures appeared all over the world! Alien artifacts! No one knows anything! Nuclear explosions!"
Encased: "We have mysterious Dome! Alien artifacts! No one knows anything! Nukes fly (in one of the video clips)!"

After Reset: "We have a Unity-based demo where you can click and run!"
Encased: "We have a Unity-based demo where you can click and run, we also have a nasty skull crack animation with blood splats!"

After Reset: "We have United Governments with four corps and they are useless!"
Encased: "We have organization that is funded by the most powerful governments and it has five wings which add background story for your character!"

After Reset: "We have an AI chip implanted into your brain that you can chat with, she is called Ivy and kind of cute!"
Encased: "We have Maelstrom, a mysterious entity that the player can communicate with telepathically. It can benefit you, but it will also hurt you."

After Reset: "Be an NPC, we can also create a model of your head and put it into the game if you give us enough money! (they never actually advertised this actively, but one backer was "digitized" and added into the character creation menu)"
Encased: "Be an NPC or a character portrait, we also don't want to create NPCs ourselves, but luckily there is crowdfunding, so why don't you do that instead?"

Skdursh

Savant
2.2. Kickstarter promises
After Reset: We were inspired by "Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment"!
Encased: We were inspired by "Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment"!

After Reset: "Massive alien structures appeared all over the world! Alien artifacts! No one knows anything! Nuclear explosions!"
Encased: "We have mysterious Dome! Alien artifacts! No one knows anything! Nukes fly (in one of the video clips)!"

After Reset: "We have a Unity-based demo where you can click and run!"
Encased: "We have a Unity-based demo where you can click and run, we also have a nasty skull crack animation with blood splats!"

After Reset: "We have United Governments with four corps and they are useless!"
Encased: "We have organization that is funded by the most powerful governments and it has five wings which add background story for your character!"

After Reset: "We have an AI chip implanted into your brain that you can chat with, she is called Ivy and kind of cute!"
Encased: "We have Maelstrom, a mysterious entity that the player can communicate with telepathically. It can benefit you, but it will also hurt you."

After Reset: "Be an NPC, we can also create a model of your head and put it into the game if you give us enough money! (they never actually advertised this actively, but one backer was "digitized" and added into the character creation menu)"
Encased: "Be an NPC or a character portrait, we also don't want to create NPCs ourselves, but luckily there is crowdfunding, so why don't you do that instead?"

This is basically the same as a ton of other post-apocalyptic game. Hardly the smoking gun that you seem to think it is and like the other user already pointed out, this particular conspiracy theory has been debunked.

vota DC

Augur
After reset isn't a game that was never finished, it is a game that never started, maybe someone that worked in wanted to start it, but the boss himself never had the intention to start. They said that Nixon stole some hours, maybe some days of work to people that made a very short tech demo and didn't paid them It appears only people that made art managed to get paid because art was the only thing that Nixon managed to deliver.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom