Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It's so strange to see the Codex bitch about new dev faces. Everyone has to start somewhere.

And it's not like the "old guard" have performed amazingly well in all these nostalgia driven Kickstarters, right?

Starwars

Arcane
It's so strange to see the Codex bitch about new dev faces. Everyone has to start somewhere.

And it's not like the "old guard" have performed amazingly well in all these nostalgia driven Kickstarters, right?

Whooooooa there... keep in mind that it's a woman we're talking about here. We don't want that shit at the Codex after all.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, young people need the opportunities. That "to find work you need experience -> to get experience you need to work" vicious cycle must be stopped. She might be shit, she might not be, at the end of the day Obsidian are the ones choosing her, so they like her. It's not like their veteran writers are doing good work lately. Her Twatter pics don't give me hope, though.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We'll judge her on results, not on twitter accounts. Write an amazing companion/quests sure, bad shit walk the plank.

In other news, is quoting broken on Codex for everyone or just me?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That's the mindset I had when they hired Paul Kirsch and Megan Starks. After being disappointed with those two that's why I'm getting a bit apprehensive when they hire someone who's only worked on a dating sim and a Dragon Age fanfic flash game.

(I also tried to look up the reception for those two games on Google, and it seems like literally no one's played either.)

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Well, young people need the opportunities. That "to find work you need experience -> to get experience you need to work" vicious cycle must be stopped. She might be shit, she might not be, at the end of the day Obsidian are the ones choosing her, so they like her. It's not like their veteran writers are doing good work lately. Her Twatter pics don't give me hope, though.

How can she be shit? Just look at that hog nose ring,that tells you she had a rough childhood,those awful tatoos that trully shows what hard core woman she is and finally, she loves anime and that's the best way to pin point a great writer.....and you want to tell me she might be shit? Get the fuck outta here,I can bet both of my nuts that she's going to be great.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
She can't be worse than Bioware material, or Mizhena-thats-2bad.

I'm trying out a new approach to playing RPGs where I am able to cope with even the shittiest writing.

Quoting via selecting and "+Quote" is broken. I don't know if anyone cares, as long as we have shitty button ratings.

Edit: Either the conlangs will be good, and I'll get a game with good conlangs, or they will suck, and I'll be able to make obscure jokes about them. Nerd fun either way.

Flou

Arbiter
That's the mindset I had when they hired Paul Kirsch and Megan Starks. After being disappointed with those two that's why I'm getting a bit apprehensive when they hire someone who's only worked on a dating sim and a Dragon Age fanfic flash game.

They have one game under their belt, one fucking game. Give them some time, hardly anyone has really impressed with their first game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's grimoire man. It and Cleve really have changed our perception of the world.

It used to be fire and brimstone and the grinding of teeth.

After grimoire it is an evergreen glades of warm grass and cool winds, rivers snaking from up the hill and overflowing with sweet wine and trees that bloom everlasting fruits from god himself. There a man can achieve the ultimate peace of mind.

Cleve has saved us all

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Why do you cunts have to get reasonable all of a sudden? Can't a man outrage in peace anymore?

Because people are getting bored of outrage over the usual stuff. Now they have to get outraged over excessive outrage.

Rev

Arcane
They have one game under their belt, one fucking game. Give them some time, hardly anyone has really impressed with their first game.
You have a point, but on the other hand when the cv consists of only terrible fan-fiction or dating sim work (this new writer) and/or you say in interviews that your aim with Tyranny is to "reach the great reactivity of The Wolf Among Us" and your favourite game and inspiration is fucking Fallout 3 (Starks) things are not exactly promising.

Also, Ziets' first work with Obsidian was Mask of the Betrayer, which is to this day their game with the best writing, Avellone's first game was Torment, Gonzalez's first Obsidian title was New Vegas, and even if we look at Sawyer (although he's not a writer) his first game was Icewind Dale, which is not a masterpiece but a good game at least. You could already see some talent in their first works (well, more than "some talent" for Ziets and MCA especially), none of them started with writing Kills-in-Shadows and then went on to write the likes of Dak'kon, Morte, Kaelyn the Dove, Ravel, Kreia, Myrkul, Okku, etc.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You have a point, but on the other hand when the cv consists of only terrible fan-fiction or dating sim work (this new writer) and/or you say in interviews that your aim with Tyranny is to "reach the great reactivity of The Wolf Among Us" and your favourite game and inspiration is fucking Fallout 3 (Starks) things are not exactly promising.

They have to find good writers somewhere; do you want them to start a breeding programme?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom