Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

ukdouble1

Educated
Experts, please answer. The broadsword here is one-handed weapons, available for the thief and assassin. Will there a chain of "hide-backstab-assassination" with it work properly?

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
How do you
get past the 3rd coil in Bahomet Megalith? I'm playing on an old version (muh saves)
. Also, is
the harp lady supposed to give you a tablet or summat after you kill the kraken?
I'm only missing Aurora and Gorgon.
You can't get pass the 3rd coil on old version.
Lady Harp doesn't give you any tablet. Aurora is found in Knossos Tower and Gorgon is found in Bahomet Megalith.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
How do you
get past the 3rd coil in Bahomet Megalith? I'm playing on an old version (muh saves)
. Also, is
the harp lady supposed to give you a tablet or summat after you kill the kraken?
I'm only missing Aurora and Gorgon.
You can't get pass the 3rd coil on old version.
Lady Harp doesn't give you any tablet. Aurora is found in Knossos Tower and Gorgon is found in Bahomet Megalith.

I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Do I need this guy
Kroondergraf
for anything? I spoke to him once, didn't really accomplish anything, and now he's just gone.

Lord Andre

Arcane
How does super identify work ? I've never bothered so far. If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ? So far I can only do that with stuff that's not identified yet.

Does it last more than one item ? The icon doesn't disappear after a success...

Morblot

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ?

Does it last more than one item ?

Yes and yes. You might want to show stuff to some NPC's (e.g. Smithers) anyway, they sometimes seem to have more to say about stuff than you can get via Improved Identify yourself.

Edit: or you can use oracles instead of NPC's, but beware, they seem to have a set number of charges.

Lord Andre

Arcane
If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ?

Does it last more than one item ?

Yes and yes. You might want to show stuff to some NPC's (e.g. Smithers) anyway, they sometimes seem to have more to say about stuff than you can get via Improved Identify yourself.

Edit: or you can use oracles instead of NPC's, but beware, they seem to have a set number of charges.

Thanks for the info but my question was also about the concrete action to take in the game's interface.

I've poked around and have not found how to go about applying super identify on an already identified item.

If I take an already identified item to the magnifying glass with the spell active nothing new happens. No journal entry.

Morblot

Patron
Thanks for the info but my question was also about the concrete action to take in the game's interface.

I've poked around and have not found how to go about applying super identify on an already identified item.

If I take an already identified item to the magnifying glass with the spell active nothing new happens. No journal entry.

You can view an item's super id info by clicking the ASSAY ITEM view, which you get when you assay an item. If the item is cursed or has special properties, they will be shown there.

If clicking on the assay view doesn't do anything, you probably failed to super id. Use the highest power whenever possible, some items won't reveal their secrets otherwise.

Morblot

Patron
Like this:

grimwah superid 1.png

*click*

grimwah superid 2.png

*click*

grimwah superid 3.png

Tigranes

Arcane
Fucking Shelach regens so fast that bound, gagged, confused and paralysed it loses about 1% hp per turn

(problem solved with a scroll of deep freeze)

Last edited:

Lord Andre

Arcane
I've noticed that my necromancer casts crushing fist before the monsters get to act. Also noticed my cleric casting Charm before monsters act too.

With other spells they go last.

Anyone had similar experiences ?

This would indicate that some spells are faster than others and alpha strike is possible.

All my mages have speed in the 80s, not sure if it counts. I know people have said before that speed doesn't effect spells but I'm not so sure.

Tigranes

Arcane
Nope, my crushing fist goes last like every other spell. I think my mages have ~60, maybe it works by spells having a flat negative modifier to speed (e.g. -20)?

Morblot

Patron
I think there's something very wrong with the money counter. I know for a fact I've had over 100k at least twice, but it seems like it rolls over to zero. Luckily money doesn't seem to be very useful anyway...

Lord Andre

Arcane
I've noticed that my necromancer casts crushing fist before the monsters get to act. Also noticed my cleric casting Charm before monsters act too.

With other spells they go last.

Anyone had similar experiences ?

This would indicate that some spells are faster than others and alpha strike is possible.

All my mages have speed in the 80s, not sure if it counts. I know people have said before that speed doesn't effect spells but I'm not so sure.

Bleh, I can't replicate the behavior if I specifically test for it so I guess semi fast forwarding through combat threw me off. I was sure it happened against a bunch of spiders but... nevermind.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

If you're still playing an old version, you can move your saves to the latest version no problem. Unless you've been playing version .7

Do I need this guy
Kroondergraf
for anything? I spoke to him once, didn't really accomplish anything, and now he's just gone.

He is the best recruitable spellcaster in my opinion.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, I think he is just an extra. He is quite famous though - being the one who constructed the machine in the Museum of Magic and some other puzzles.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, the same is true for Trismes, Balderdash and maybe some others.

mondblut

Arcane
How does super identify work ? I've never bothered so far. If something was already identified the regular way can I still super identify it to put an entry in the journal ? So far I can only do that with stuff that's not identified yet.

IDed items can only be super-IDed via an oracle, unfortunately. It is prudent not to id anything that looks important until you get improved id, then use that.

Does it last more than one item ? The icon doesn't disappear after a success...

Yeah, it lasts for a few turns and you can superID multiple items at once.

Lord Andre

Arcane

IDed items can only be super-IDed via an oracle, unfortunately. It is prudent not to id anything that looks important until you get improved id, then use that.

But my sage automatically assays stuff when I loot it.
rating_negativeman.png

I think quest items are not auto-assayed. I'll cast max super id before I assay those.

But stuff like a broadsword I'll never be able to see in the journal except through oracles or npcs like Smithers.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom