Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

decaf

Learned
He's usually walking around above the house with the drunk that falls unconscious.
Charlie has floating text muttering about "his spot".

spychemist

Barely Literate
Uff.. After I killed all the mutant creatures in the cave, Jonathan from Scrapyard tells me that he wanted to give one more thing, an electric part, but he lost it somewhere. I have stolen a time ago a plasma transformator from him, but that does not fix the power generator at mutant base. Any ideas where can I find the right missing part to fix that power generator? thank you!

decaf

Learned
You should've found an "electronic part" if you searched Johnathan's house. "Plasma transformator" was from a locker in Corath mine IIRC.

decaf

Learned
Well finished game at level 13 and felt pretty shitty.

So I combat "sneaked" into Mutant Camp. Talked to ghoul and found I was always destined to die a shitty goopy death. :rpgcodex:
That killed off all my enthusiasm. Like Benny in New Vegas said, it was rigged from the start.

Had to kill muties in basement b/c they guarded the powerarmor more seriously than ghoul prisoner. Why.
Tried combat sneaked outta mutie base but with only 10AP could not walk past nightkin. Nightkin kill me 4noreason, so had to culturally enrich everyone with .223 to the eyes. Why II.

Had 130 Speak, so off I went to resurrection base.
Everyone wanted to talk in big infodumps but I was bored.
Had so much science and medical shit at endbase, but Lystra genius doctor never said anything at all. :rpgcodex:

Met the Saviour.
Thought he was using lotsa bodyparts to keep himself alive, but no, was some Mutant Hunter all along. Why.
Thought he would have honorabu death by shooting self in head, but nuked entire base instead. Fucking fanatics I swear! :argh:
Tried Saviour's comp to shutdown stupid nuke but is a fucking fake computer terminal wtf?!?!
Tried to warn scientist guy outside but he dun wanna hear.
Tried start warning on security terminal but only cause guard to wanna kill me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So just left. RIP everyone.

Character was always doomed from start. Feels bad man. :negative:

Seems like all city variation of Rat Hole, run by assholes. Have problem with motivation, why start any faction quest if all are yuge assholes?
Wanted to inject Alicia with her own poison and CoC guy with his own FEV. But alas, you can't.
Have problem with balance. Up to Sedit is midgame, once go to ABQ is endgame, get face melt by ghoul patrols, and shortly is endgame already. No more combat no reason to get energy weapon.

Not much ending slides, seems not doing main faction quest make little slide content.
Game never mention what happen to Mutt. But I left him at Sedit with Federyk. :negative:
Keri went off with Crimson Caravan as expected.
No mention of Lystra. But MH destroy Imperial City so she died or something?
Kept FEV syringe but doesn't affect end slides. Character just quietly gib somewhere I suppose.

Might do another run and see if things change.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
It's the biggest problem of tragedy end. It make players losing enthuasiasms because it strike at their psyche.

The classic case of tragedy end (MC probabbly die) is The Nameless One of Planescape Torment... is not actually tragic. It's tragic what happened, but the end is actually release, freedom, stop making badthings worse, the thing that he long for.

Fallout1's Vault Dweller is also not a tragic hero. Sure, his homeland turn back on him at the end, mostly, but the world is not just Vault 13. and not all of the V13 abandon him, as there's a group follow him at the end.

Lesson? Dont do tragic end. DONT. DO. IT.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
The thing with the end is, that they could have just cut out one bit and it would have been fine.

I mean the bit, where it is stated that we kill ourselves.

There is enough hope for the world if you play your cards right. Personally I just cut it out, but I think it was implemented in the early stages of the mod and then they let it in, because latter settlements are tonally different to the first two (it's still desolate, but it can get better).

decaf

Learned
Oh yeah what's with hospital quest
I have evidence but nobody wants to talk to me!
stole holodisk from merc boss, is evidence
ask doc, admits everything, is also evidence
can tell Mutant Hunter sub-commander but he does nothing
cant tell gurgan anything
cant tell anyone in Imperial Palace
clearly see tribals in cell but can't get to them. lockpick door fails (only 18 + adv lockpick, too low probably), cannot crowbar open
wtf must I go gecko hunting 4 times?
Gurgan! Evidence right here on holodisk, pls wake up!

Tragedy end is okay, but if
is fucked from start, and no hope ever... Really feels bad man. :negative:
FEV syringe should at least be mentioned. What about Imperial City medtech? Or the Master's Vats? With OOC knowledge, could visit that vault in FO2 for robobrain...

Ingame character just wanted to final live days out in peace (info from dying ghoul in mutie camp basement) but as player, I don't wanna lie down and die just like that, like it seems in character's ending slide.
Ghoul motivation isn't well thought out either.
Immortal, no aging, no disease, rad immune, don't become dumb like supermutant, only drawback is look like shit. Seems like legit tradeoff, why do they join Rebirth in droves. Best mutation in wasteland imo.
Spend whole day in power armor, nobody can tell the difference. :obviously:

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
about to start it, can someone give me not too spoilery answers as im probably going to play it once:

- are there any permanent stat increases, like modules or luck boost from scientology in f2?
- im thinking about playing unarmed + jinx + 10luck. I know some feats were altered/gone. is hth evasion still amazing? Any issues I might have?
- any trap choices I should be aware of? Or any skills that were trash and now are amazing?
here's a tip; the 'play one side against the other' aspect of the fallouts isn't really present. you get locked out of competing faction's quests very easily, by merely accepting Faction A's quest (not completing or even acting on it), you will be locked out of Faction Z's quests 95% of the time.

zool

Arcane
Just finished this, it's very good. Pretty impressive actually how they didn't go "Modders gonna mod" and managed to keep everything low-key and focused. I guess this is the closest we're ever gonna get to a proper Fallout 3, and that's fine by me.

My list of plus / minuses (with a few spoilers):

+ extremely respectful of original Fallout feel in all aspects (world, map design, dialogue, etc)
+ lots of attention to detail and high reactivity in dialog and quests
+ great writing and top notch English translation (wouldn't have guessed it had been translated from Czech if I didn't know it beforehand)
+ low-key map design that doesn't scream "MOD"
+ tough economy - as long as you don't somehow manage to kill/loot ghoul patrols in the first half of the game. The economy gets even tougher if you don't tag lockpick. This is good because, unlike Fallout / Fallout 2, that actually influences how the player choses sides and quests based on expected payment/reward - thereby pushing him toward less goody goody and more evil.
+ main story was good and very fallouty - great to have ghouls getting a bigger role than in previous Fallout games.
+ detailed companions who react to your actions and comment on things.

- no Talking Heads (though I totally respect the team's choice not to have any rather than having bad ones, I still miss them)
- high fidelity to the original Fallout games sometimes borders on lack of creativity (Sedit = the Hub, Corath = Redding or Broken Hills, Albuquerque/Imperial City = Vault City, etc)
- super tough ghoul patrols in random encounters in the first half of the game where even running away is sometimes not enough (you get killed before reaching the exit grid)

Now I'm waiting for Fallout of Nevada's translation to be finished and for the Mutants Rising team to finally release their mod to see if they manage to do even better than Resurrection (from what I hear about Fallout of Nevada, that could be the case).

zool

Arcane
if they manage to do even better than Resurrection (from what I hear about Fallout of Nevada, that could be the case).
It's a superior game in any sense.

And I'm more than willing to believe it but as I consider Resurrection to be on par with the original Fallout games in terms of quality (save for the lack of TH), does this mean that Fallout of Nevada as a mod actually surpasses Fallout / Fallout 2?

It's the biggest problem of tragedy end. It make players losing enthuasiasms because it strike at their psyche.

The classic case of tragedy end (MC probabbly die) is The Nameless One of Planescape Torment... is not actually tragic. It's tragic what happened, but the end is actually release, freedom, stop making badthings worse, the thing that he long for.

Fallout1's Vault Dweller is also not a tragic hero. Sure, his homeland turn back on him at the end, mostly, but the world is not just Vault 13. and not all of the V13 abandon him, as there's a group follow him at the end.

Lesson? Dont do tragic end. DONT. DO. IT.
The thing with the end is, that they could have just cut out one bit and it would have been fine.

I mean the bit, where it is stated that we kill ourselves.

There is enough hope for the world if you play your cards right. Personally I just cut it out, but I think it was implemented in the early stages of the mod and then they let it in, because latter settlements are tonally different to the first two (it's still desolate, but it can get better).

I have a feeling it was done for lore-related reasons. Since it's a mod that tries to insert canon into the FO setting, it needs to tie up loose ends so that the PC doesn't either interfere with later events or remain conspicuously absent from instances where they would logically appear. Ergo the player needs to die or permanently disappear somehow.

jaydee2k

Savant
Is there a way to increase the dialogue window size? I play on 1024x768 resolution and the dialogue screen appears smaller in the middle of the screen with dark border around. I set the "static screen size" in the options to "stretch while maintaining aspect ration " and other options but nothing happens

What is the native resolution of your monitor, and I assume you're on Win7 or Win10?

1920x1080 win7
make copies of your ddraw.ini and f2_res.ini in your Fallout 2\Resurrection folder, and replace the originals with these.

ddraw.ini
f2_res.ini

I think you'll find it superior to what you've currently got, and the dialogue / inventory window will be larger.

edit: I set up FO1.5 so that it takes up your entire 1920x1080 screen, but the game is rendered in 960x540. That doesn't mean letterboxing, it's taking up the entire 1080p screen. You'll see when you try it. That also means that all windows, including dialogue, are larger relative to what you originally played in. Furthermore, I've made sure static screen elements and movies aren't stretched (aspect-ratio correct), and that the world is blacked out during dialogue, like in the original game. It's essentially the purist presentation, but for modern monitors. If you want to see ants squiggle across the screen in full 1920x1080, look elsewhere.

Only mode working with high resolution patch for me is DirectDraw 7. And DirectDraw can't render 960x540. When I try to use Dx9 like you did all I get is a black screen with sound only.
Im on Win 10, maybe I'm missing some Dx9 packages. Do you know which installers are needed?!?

SniperHF

Arcane
So I was playing through this and was tasked with finding the raiders in lost town for the Fredrick's Dream side.

But it automatically resolved the quest for me, I haven't killed any raiders and yet I had the option of saying "I already killed them". Where are the raiders I supposedly already killed?

Black

Arcane
So I was playing through this and was tasked with finding the raiders in lost town for the Fredrick's Dream side.

But it automatically resolved the quest for me, I haven't killed any raiders and yet I had the option of saying "I already killed them". Where are the raiders I supposedly already killed?
Did you kill any raiders outside Seddit? I think it's glitched and checks if you killed raiders at all, not specifically in Lost Town.

SniperHF

Arcane
Did you kill any raiders outside Seddit? I think it's glitched and checks if you killed raiders at all, not specifically in Lost Town.

I don't think so but that was last week so I might have forgotten. But I did go down a semi-hidden ladder in Lost Town where there was a trapped hallway. I turned around cause I figured I was underleveled.

zool

Arcane

I don't think so but that was last week so I might have forgotten. But I did go down a semi-hidden ladder in Lost Town where there was a trapped hallway. I turned around cause I figured I was underleveled.

That's the raiders' hideout. This is known bug with 1.5 as far as I know, it should be fixed in the next 1.6 patch.

SniperHF

Arcane
So I'm at the big showdown in the empire where the two sides fight in the main hall with the robots.

Only problem is literally every enemy on the other side just shoots me and ignores the other 10 AI targets...

Any way to avoid this? Do I just need to cheese it and reload and come back way over leveled? Maybe just run and hope they stop shooting me?

Cause right now I can't get past one turn, I'm level 13. Also the automated speech sequence beforehand really makes retrying it a pain in the ass.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any way to avoid this? Do I just need to cheese it and reload and come back way over leveled? Maybe just run and hope they stop shooting me?

If I remember correctly they'll give up when you kill their leader so just try sniping her and the fight's over

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom