Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
So, would you recommend a restaurant that serves good food ever even if the chef insulted you and kicked you out for suggesting the steak was too salty?

Shitty argument, not comparable at all. Blocking someone from the game's forum is not comparable to denying service to the product.

Insults and threats to invalidate steam key. After paying 100 bucks. It is much worse treatment than my example.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You're on the Codex, dude. If you think Codex members should warn others of Codex-like behaviour, something is not quite right.

I thought we were talking about a Steam Review?

We are talking about both the Steam review and the Codex review since they are done by the same Codexer and will probably both contain a similar recommendation.

Again, you're talking about insults on the Codex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Banning people is Codex-like behavior? Good to know!

Stop the cucking, you would have been screaming about censorship and watching trolls reviewbomb the game with glee if any other developer was doing this

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Stop the cucking, you would have been screaming about censorship and watching trolls reviewbomb the game with glee if any other developer was doing this

Other people manage to criticize Grimoire just fine without getting banned. Because they don't put words in the auteur's mouth. I've been consistent with these views over the years http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...sponse-to-the-codex.66279/page-5#post-1861045 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ng-dumping-ground.90469/page-398#post-3550187

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Banning people is Codex-like behavior? Good to know!

Insulting people is Codex-like behaviour.

Bullshit. Reviewbombing a game for "inappropriate behaviour of the dev" is only done by virtue-signaling librul retards. That you seem to think it's normal behaviour is indeed good to know.

Super intelligent neanderthal cleve cannot seperate Dutch from German. The ignorance of this guy...

Dutch are just soggy Germans.

Schweinhund! We want our 562.356 bikes back!
rating_rage.gif

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Cleve seems to be quite hurt by the recent developments, so much that he stopped posting here.

Guess he's thinking of a clever retor... ah who the fuck I'm kidding, he'll write an A4 sheet of an ad hominem attack that will get 5 funnies, 7 retadreds and 2 shits.

Can't wait.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I'll try to explain again my point about instruments - There is an exploitable BUG in the game that lets you use instruments that you do not equip , all characters can do this even a warrior with 3 intellect and cast spells using these BEFORE any character can cast a spell.
If you try to stunlock a boss with spells your party will most likely die before your character can even start his combat turn even if he has speed 120 because spells are coded to always be last in the turn order ( this is the worst offender here IMO).
BUT when you USE instruments from the inventory bar they happen first before casters can do their shit and thus you can stunlock or nuke or whatever and exploit your victory. I am pretty sure this how people beat the hardest bosses so fast. This bug needs to be fixed but also give an alternative, Like casting spells before you are dead because speed is not working for casters.

You know, you're basically saying that some monsters are overpowered AND some exploits are overpowered, so you need to use these to defeat the former. As long as it works that way, it's actually balanced. Cleve says it's a deliberate design choice to leave the exploits in for now, until he balances it more.

It's actually funny that the guy I was arguing with was the only one who agreed in the end, while the triggered snowflake brigade continued to "disagree". Of course, without providing any counter-argument.

Kitchen Utensil

Fucking heretics.

Cleve delivered big time by releasing the best rpg ever. It is a bit unbalanced and has a couple of bugs, but is still better than any other rpg released by AAA studios ever, and it does easily provide 600+ hours of gameplay if you don't rush through and take your time. All that petty sapiens' butthurt is hilarious.

Long live the 'thal!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fucking heretics.

Cleve delivered big time by releasing the best rpg ever. It is a bit unbalanced and has a couple of bugs, but is still better than any other rpg released by AAA studios ever, and it does easily provide 600+ hours of gameplay if you don't rush through and take your time. All that petty sapiens' butthurt is hilarious.

Long live the 'thal!

You can appreciate Grimoire and still admit that Cleve is behaving poorly at times.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I've read felipe's review. It's fair, not Roxor-level negative.

Cool but why did felipepepe feel the need to dump a "pre-review" on Steamtard forums? To protect the human race from spending $ 40 on a 'puter game? Why not just wait and post the review on the Codex?

IMO I can't take his Codex review 100% serious anymore because of personal drama involved, it's tainted now. Maybe another Codexer should do the review. ;)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Infinitron, when will felipepepe's Official Codex Review™ be made available?

Yeah, we'll get a longer version of this "balanced" review:

I finished Grimoire in 80hs. While I had a fun experiencet, the total lack of balance meant that I couldn't properly enjoy most of it.

He had a fun experience, but could not enjoy most of it. Makes sense?

Sadly, posting this on the forums made the developer ban me. If he won't be honest about the state the game is, then I can't recommend it.

He admitted that the game is unbalanced - you were claiming that it is totally broken and that he said that. The only one who is being dishonest here, is you.

Kitchen Utensil

any other rpg released by AAA studios
Ok, I love this game, but that is not an impressive feat these days.

True, I get that.
But if you think about it for a moment, it's still amazing imo.

Also, Cleve behaving poorly sometimes is something I wouldn't want to miss out on. He's providing an additional layer of entertainment that's quite remarkable on its own. And for a single 'thal, his post-launch support has been quite impressive so far. It sure sucks getting banned for pointing out some flaws that Grimoire might still have, but I'd take that over another soulless shit-AAA-release accompanied by marketing-blurbs of some braindead community managers any time.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I don't know what got into felipepepe to review the game on release. Everyone could tell by the way that Cleve was still fixing things after 20 years that the game would be kind of broken on release day. So either felipe did it out of spite or to ride the hype train. Not the Codexian way
:killit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom