Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs of 2007 have you played? [top 100 voting thread]

Which of the following RPGs have you played?

• Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Avernum 5

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Day Watch

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Depths of Peril

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Eschalon: Book 1

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Hellgate: London

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Legend: Hand of God

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Loki: Heroes of Mythology

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Nethergate: Resurection

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Silverfall

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • The Witcher

Votes: 83 91.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Same rules as before, this time for 2007.

Notes:

The trend of spuriously RPG continues as the list is once again infested with various games which allude to being RPGs but are also quick to suggest they're not totally RPGs. Which are which I can't remember, even from reading about them all last night but I have excluded a couple and likely missed a couple and probably included a couple which shouldn't be here. I seriously doubt any of these 'odder' games will qualify anyway, but we'll see. If you really want a game on the list, make a post and I'll look into it.

Nethergate: Resurrection is counted as being a different game to Nethergate for the purposes of these polls.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Well mostly ok games and a few good ones.

I hadn't heard of quite a few of them. Interesting year really though not too much drawing my attention. Maybe one day the first appearance of witcher will mark an era, but I think Oblivion will still hold that mantle.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I must be quiet the rpg fan if i know all of them except Depths of peril,and haven't played only day watch and loki.By the way i feel old when i see that it was 10 years since NWN 2 MotB.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Avencast: Rise of the Mage was/is ok hack and slash with magic and shit.
Avernum 5 is really great crpg in my book.
Hellgate: London was and still is shit.
Eschalon: Book 1 is a good rpg yet the second one is the best one in the trilogy.
Nethergate: Resurection another great spiderweb game(like Avernum 5)
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is a great expansion/game

Legend: Hand of God ,Silverfall and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne are forgettable hack and slash.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Eschalon: Book 1 is a good rpg yet the second one is the best one in the trilogy.

Legend: Hand of God ,Silverfall and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne are forgettable hack and slash.
So all shit apart from the Spiderweb games which are in fact, gimpy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So all shit apart from the Spiderweb games which are in fact, gimpy.
Half of the list are ok games,you have strange definition of shit.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The hack n slash ones are shit, and so is Witcher. And the Spiderweb ones are just too low budget and basic. So going back to my original comment "They are all bad except motb", do you still think I'm a troll?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The hack n slash ones are shit, and so is Witcher. And the Spiderweb ones are just too low budget and basic. So going back to my original comment "They are all bad except motb", do you still think I'm a troll?
Sooo you play only AAA rpgs???Arcanum is a low budget game and is one of the holy grails of the codex.Showering a game with money doesn't make it a good rpg.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
The avernums are low budget and lack some important aspects, like atmospheric sounds and settings, but i wouldn't call them basic by gameplay standards.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Sooo you play only AAA rpgs???Arcanum is a low budget game and is one of the holy grails of the codex.Showering a game with money doesn't make it a good rpg.
Arcanum is bad too. Skyrim is the biggest budget RPG ever and probably one of the worst games ever made. You are gonna have to try harder when it comes to forming opinions.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Arcanum is bad too. Skyrim is the biggest budget RPG ever and probably one of the worst games ever made. You are gonna have to try harder when it comes to forming opinions.
If you think that Arcanum is bad then you are in the wrong forum.I would recommend you to try this one link.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
If you don't like X then you must like Y arguments really are tedious. Pls try something more enjoyable to read, preferably involving games relevant to the thread :M.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
If you think that Arcanum is bad then you are in the wrong forum.I would recommend you to try this one link.
If you like games with terrible combat that are barely RPGs you should be playing Adventure Games hurdur.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I think codex is full of lots of closet Skyrim players.
skyrim-frost-troll.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom