Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Seriously? Felipe banned from Cleve's forum for saying what he thinks of the unbalanced combat? I can't believe that
Vault Dweller didn't act like that on the AoD steam forum (remember that troll?) cause after all he bought the game. Cleve should take exemple on that.
I would suggest to ban Cleve from the Dex.
#I am Felipe

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
First of all you need to understand object oriented programming.
Not really necessary. Many older games were written in languages that had fuck-all to do with OOP.

I'm not saying that what you write afterwards is wrong, I'm just broadening a somewhat restrictive introduction.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cleve, dont refund anybody who spent almost 80 hours in game got their INCLINE treatment dose and now want their money back. It is not fair:rpgcodex:

But if Cleve revokes Felipe's steam key so he can't play Grimoire any more wouldn't he legally be required to give a refund?
Is that even a thing? I'm 99% sure the whole 'revoke steam key' is something completely made up by cleve.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Cleve, dont refund anybody who spent almost 80 hours in game got their INCLINE treatment dose and now want their money back. It is not fair:rpgcodex:

But if Cleve revokes Felipe's steam key so he can't play Grimoire any more wouldn't he legally be required to give a refund?
Is that even a thing? I'm 99% sure the whole 'revoke steam key' is something completely made up by cleve.

Oh man...SHHHH! Or he's gonna revoke your Steam Key so hard, your kid's kids won't be able to play Grimoire!

Zep--

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who are you and why am I your hated enemy? nevermind.

In other news: it seems that the steam thread discussing why felipepepe's thread has been deleted has been deleted.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Who are you and why am I your hated enemy?

In other news: it seems that the steam thread discussing why felipepepe's thread has been deleted has been deleted.

Of course it has been deleted. Cleves gone FULL RETARD in his latest meltdown.

ProTIP: Cleve...Never go FULL RETARD!

Zep--

vdweller

Arcane
Developer

I believe you can ban Steam keys from the Steamworks control panel. This is mainly used for preventing fraudulent use (like: I am a reviewer gimme 3 keys for me and my colleagues to make a review). Never have I heard it being used for butthurt control.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
One valid complaint from Cleves perspective.

20 years removed retrospective two sentence summary of a game experience (arcanum blurb) is not equivalent to preemptive advice to avoid a current release.

The aftertaste is that of ground axes on all sides which can't really be surprising, but it didn't have to happen. Pretty sure cleve sees his reaction as reciprocal.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
kuB0vn6.jpg

Rick

Erudite
Just a quick question - are WORMS supposed to inflict Disease every time they do damage?

Okay, a second quickie - If I Charm something, do the other characters know enough not to target it with anything?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Having the edgelord opinion of "this is an unfinished early access game" is only permissible if you felt the same way about Torment: Tides of Numenera, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, and Divinity: Original Sin in the first few weeks of their release.

One could say that certain fully patched well-regarded RPGs never left their unfinished early access state (everything Troika made, kotor 2).

Morkar Left

Felipepes summary after actually FINISHING the game sounds fair and without bad intentions. Even regarding from posts here on the site regarding gameplay mechanics it seems obvious that the game is finishable but not consistent or fully developed regarding its gameplay mechanics (balancing or outrigt nonfunctional).
Cleves' reaction to Felipepe is like from a butthurt child. I guess I'm letting this game pass because I'm not optimistic anymore that it will be substantially improved and bugs ironed out. A shame but life goes on.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cleve's right, all that was required of him was to release Grimoire on May 2013, then send me a "complete game on DVD with hardback printed manual of 100+ pages plus a softcover hint guide and total solution for the game of 100+ pages and large map poster shipped worldwide. All this plus a soundtrack CD of all music from the game."

Still waiting on those.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
If you look closely, you can see the wheels behind the wheels.

Felipepe has obviously been captured and reprogrammed by the Forces of Decline. Why you ask? Because just a short time ago Grimore was on the fast track to #1 on the next Codex best rpg list. Avellone and Sawyer had to do something. What better way capture one of the esteemed codex members and make him a Manchurian Candidate of Fail and Decline.

Felipepe still has a very slight grasp of himself so he put out a cry for help in the form of saying Undertale is a top rpg. Someone save Felipepe. Save him from the pain and torture he had to go through by having his eyes held open and made to watch things with voxels and 10/10 reviews on Tumblr with messages in his ear about how these are better than everything in the 90s, talk about Beamdog's next project and how Obsidian has never been better.

I weep for the man but we must be strong in these dark times. Grimoire is the beacon and the hope of an entire age. SJW sympathizer Matt Barton is next on the list, his switch will be flipped and when he says the line "You know Cleve Grimore is ok and all but when are you going to make it more like Crypt of the Necrodancer" the true battle will begin.

Grimore will grab all the year end awards for best crpg in the history of forever, the decline will be stopped and the Golden Baby will fly high.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I will say with absolutely certainty it is better than 99.99% of all RPGs on the Steam store and will soon be better than Wizardry 7.
Sentences like this makes it hard to understand Cleve's point. No developer can be this full of himself. At least be a little more humble with a game which is a broken mess ATM.

Also:
When asked for Steam keys to send to reviewers I always figure if they are too cheap to buy one you should be suspicious of their motives.
Don't give keys to scam reviewers obviously. But if you think a reviewer will buy your game for 40 euros when he has a ton of free review copies for other games to play with than you are delusional. It's like Cleve wants the game to fail commercially. It's OK if he is not in it for the money, but seeing that he priced the game at almost AAA levels, it seems he cares about money. It's alright to behave like that on the Codex, but to continue the same persona on Steam and being a self-important asshole to others won't take him anywhere on the long run.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
WHY DOES J_C HAVE DEVELOPER TAG FOR MAKING A 0.99 RPG MAKER ADVENTURE GAME WHERE IS MY OWN DEVELOPER TAG YOU HACK ADMINS

I'm calling the internet police.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom