Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm reading this thread and all I can think about is I want to play Wizardry 7 again. Fuck. Please not now, it's a crunch week at work.

NOOOOOOOoooooooo.....

Lambach

Arcane
You know, this whole thing could've been avoided by Cleve simply saying: "This guy said he was enjoying Grimwah for close to a 100 hours even despite its bugginess and unbalanced elements. Imagine how great it will be when it's fully fixed and balanced!" But no, he had to unleash all of his spergdom and confirm what a complete nutter he is.

No wonder 'thals went extinct, they are apparently too autistic to communicate with each other for long enough to procreate. :lol:

Trash Player

Scholar
Seeing his recent posts, I hope Cleve don't fall into depression. He has been in a maniacal state recently, the bounce may forbid v2 from ever being realized.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Looks like Cleve is back to his pre-release butthurt diva mode. Only this time he has moderation powers in a forum. And he chooses Felipepe out of all people to be butthurt at :lol:

Draxylon

Savant
BTW, where's the manual? Seems more important to spend time banning, trashing, shitmouthing, etc...
It's pretty sad and funny at the same time...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
The debate wether Grimoire should be early access or not is ok, the debate wether Grimoire is broken or not is fine. We do that all the time about games, be them highborn or not.

Banning him from forums? It's his forum after all. Feels shitty to me but whatever, I'm "stealth-banned" too and I don't care.

But unless Cleve admits his mistake about felipepepe 's "free key" and apologizes for it + refunds those $100, he's a child, not a man.

Last edited:

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread?
What+internet+fights+look+like+just+2+retards+fighting_c40816_4264921.gif

Brancaleone

Liturgist
The debate wether Grimoire should be early access or not is ok, the debate wether Grimoire is broken or not is fine. We do that all the time about games, be them highborn or not.

But unless Cleve admits his mistake about felipepepe 's "free key" and apologizes for it + refunds those $100, he's a child, not a man.
What if he admits being a child and keeps the 100$?
I mean, listen, we talking about 100$.
iversonn.jpg

Sherry

Arcane
OMG- I leave for a week and it all goes to hell.

Why must we hurt each other so?

Felip and Cleve need to shake hands and come to terms because you're both wrong in some ways and right in others. This shit is how the civil war started.

God Dammit! We have a future to think about. Think of the children.

Now make nice.
We need Sherry as a peace negotiator.

Hi.

tu for the suggestion but we are going to the cottage today for the weekend and I already put all my support to my friend felipepepe last night when this all started to brew and based on the back and forth between them it is clear who is the nicer person is here and I am still angry about learning of the ban from just giving an opinion after playing and completing the game so who best to give an opinion on it right? Even Viata finished the game so that is another opinion worth reading from because they too went through the mechanics and puzzles and know first hand what they experienced balance wise. For myself I am still stuck and unable to find the alternate path around that Samhain region that I was warned never to go by the dwarf ghost so I really have not put much time into it this past week because of prepping and shopping for the cottage.

Thanks,
Sherry

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, Cleve. I do love your smackdowns of retards but you've got this one wrong - Felipepepe likes proper RPGs and doesn't randomly trash people's work for lols. Some of the wording of his post was unfortunate, but your reaction was completely disproportionate. Apologise and you'll gain respect not lose it, and we'll still tune in with popcorn when the next retard steps in. Playing hardball is not the way to go with this one.

cRPGs such as Grimoire must have a fair amount of "logic rules" to evaluate and adhere to. For instance, when a fight occurs, the code must have to check a lot of variables and constants, to see what happens to the party, and to their opponent(s).

I'd be really interested to learn from designers/devs how they would go about designing this. I guess one poor way would be to "hard code" this logic in to the game code itself using a set of if statements, or equivalent. Would a better idea be to take as much of the game's rules and logic, and put it in to some kind of "seperate module" (eg XML file, or database table, or some other repository perhaps?), and have the game code check this module to understand how fights pan out?

So if you wanted to add, edit, or delete a certain type of monster for instance, you could leave the game code untouched, and just edit a special text file, or database file, or other repository? If this idea is roughly sensible, then could the same principal apply to managing quests, and perhaps other things that occur in the game too?

What's the best way of designing this, so that it's easy to scale the game's contents, while at the same time helping to keep bugs out of the code? Thanks for any thoughts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom