Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

iqzulk

Augur
But... doesn't that mean you're sitting there casting 8 Armourplates every few minutes?
What can I say. I play without random encounters. And after you acquire the Kraken helmet (or any other mana regenerating items - IF Grimoire has any other mana regenerating items), you can just do it on the go, without sleeping.
Speaking of magic regeneration, just noticed my aeorb now takes less than a second to regenerate 100+ mp while sleeping. Is it the patch, or did I equip something nice while shuffling loot?
Sounds like something nice to me. Can you take a look at what it could be (probably the Kraken helmet - if it's not the Kraken helmet though, I would appreciate you looking at its assay page, with all the item's statistics, and telling me the location you have acquired that item in - it's provided at the assay page)? It's probably cursed, so it should be quite easy to narrow down.

Razor44

Novice
1.2.01 is a olllldd version with some game breaking bugs...but then, i dont think any exploits have been fixed up to and including .25

PEACH

Arbiter
Deep freeze lyre got straightened out. Cleve is working on that stuff as much as possible I imagine given the more pressing issues at hand. Haven't played the most recent update but as of the one prior I've been good as gold stability/bug-wise

Haru

Savant
Speaking of magic regeneration, just noticed my aeorb now takes less than a second to regenerate 100+ mp while sleeping. Is it the patch, or did I equip something nice while shuffling loot?

Have you equipped Golden Armor? I equipped that particular item and my Templar's HP / MP regenerate incredibly fast while sleeping and during combat.

iqzulk

Augur
Golden Armor?
Just checked. Mana regen works. Exactly what I needed. I have two Golden Armors. NOW I can make my Bard a dedicated MagicScreener, without removing Cap'o'Rushes, I can make my Metalsmith a dedicated Armorplater, AND I can keep Mollusk Master helmet on my drow Cleric, so that she can still regen mana at a decent fuckhueg rate (instead of her "normal" one).

Problem solved.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The Samhain Mausoleum is the most meta location in the game
0b0736b39b80fe72f777433094545be4.jpg

Tarrant

Educated
Cleve, you've got to learn to take constructive criticism man. I'm sure raging, unmitigated narcissistic personality disorder is a real bear to live with, but deleting threads just because they aren't full of fanboy bullshit isn't going to do much for your reputation, let alone the reputation of your game.

-----------

"What happened to the guys thread who completed the game recently?
I was just in the middle of asking a question and it seemed to have disappered/been deleted? I'm honestly not sure why since everything being discussed was fairly civil?"

Viata

Arcane
Wasn't that felipepepe 's minireview? Was a good thread. Cleve is losing it...
Not only that, see:
PFaX0qv.png

FREE STEAM KEY.
I'm pretty sure he is a backer.
One ending(in fact, he did 4 endings. I know, he was asking how many I did. Even told me how to get the one I could not.)
Edit: Seems he is not a backer. Cleve clearly said he made an exception to Felipepepe:
I made an exception for FelipePepe but looks like that was a mistake. In future, no Steam keys to anybody but customers and backers.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Wasn't that felipepepe 's minireview? Was a good thread. Cleve is losing it...
Not only that, see:
PFaX0qv.png

FREE STEAM KEY.
I'm pretty sure he is a backer.
One ending(in fact, he did 4 endings. I know, he was asking how many I did. Even told me how to get the one I could not.)
Edit: Seems he is not a backer. Cleve clearly said he made an exception to Felipepepe:
I made an exception for FelipePepe but looks like that was a mistake. In future, no Steam keys to anybody but customers and backers.
Haha, that's glorious butthurt, how many of his fans Cleve's gonna alienate huh? What a dumb ass aspie.

felipepepe is a true bro, btw.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
1.2.01 is a olllldd version with some game breaking bugs...but then, i dont think any exploits have been fixed up to and including .25

- Bards no longer increase Music skill at meteor speed
- Keys no longer sell for 1000 each and there are much less of them.
- Halcyonic Lyre is Cone of Cold, not Deep Freeze now

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He banned me for saying that the game is unbalanced:

0fCixxb.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore :

yBZAmDb.jpg

Free key my fucking ass. Give me back the money if that's "free" for you.

Also, grow the fuck up and learn to take criticism - you'll need it because I'm writing the RPG Codex review. And I'm going to mention what you just did and how Grimoire is a broken game that should be sold in Early Access. And you won't be able to ban me here.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Funny how Cleve's basically been bad mouthing every single social group and p much most of his fan base, but now that he has some moderator powers he just outright bans any dissenting voice. Or anything that isn't praise really. Talk about how fragile his ego is.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The plot thickens. Banning Felipepepe is not a great PR move. Was your post (i didnt see it) pure negativity because you didnt enjoy the game (which would surprise me) or did you just mention the fact that V1 could use a balance pass. I think this was something even Cleve acknowledged.

Also, We need at least 5 Grimoire reviews on Codex.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The plot thickens. Banning Felipepepe is not a great PR move. Was your post (i didnt see it) pure negativity because you didnt enjoy the game (which would surprise me) or did you just mention the fact that V1 could use a balance pass. I think this was something even Cleve acknowledged.
Here's what I wrote:

So, after 80hs playing, I finally finished Grimoire yesterday. I'll write a review later, but I wanted to give some feedback.

First and abov all, the game REALLY should've been marked as "Early Access". Yes, I finished and yes I had fun, but all that was despite numerous bugs, broken features and the total lack of balance - loot, XP, combat - nothing makes sense. After about 30hs playing combat had become such a broken mess I turned difficulty down to novice and started to cheese every single fight.

Map were also uneven. Some areas are amazing, which is why I kept playing, but others are clearly unfinished. The dungeon of the Ancients, for example, was moslty a bunch of empty halls with some wall plaques that can't be interacted with. Same for the extremely disssapointing Moravia Castle. The end-game is a return to form, full of fun things to do, but areas like the Bahomet Megalith and the Ruins of Gideon were a big drop in quality.

Still, Grimoire does have amazing moments - the makings of a great RPG is there, one that could surpass Wizardry VII with the proper polish and balance. My point is that people who are blindly starting it now will likely get frustrated and quit once they leave the first region.

Even after the manual arrives, I'd suggest people should only play as far as the first region for now. Wait for V2, a balance mod or something like that.

Cleve is a very delicate Neandertal if that's "aggressively trashing" a game.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Ok, the message content is not unreasonble although the terms used for the problems are rather powerful (broken mess, total lack, extremely disappointing, broken) and probably what triggered Cleve.

Early access i agree with, maybe even only starting with the superdemo area and slowly expanding. That would also have limited the scope for bug/map fixing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom