Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Frame limiter is your friend. Expedition:Conquisador has similar problem of >9000 fps.

giphy.gif

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Frame limiter is your friend. Expedition:Conquisador has similar problem of >9000 fps.

giphy.gif
some games without proper limiter/vsync and some bad coding will run as hard as your gpu can work, so yeah, notvturning on limiter will cause the frame goes over 9000 as work your gpu like it is mining bitcoin.

But to answer the question why? It is a mystery

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nn.

Incidentally, this is a good game, but I strongly dislike the changes from Conquistador. Being more of an isometric RPG drained the immense sense of discovery and exploration to a fraction of what it formerly was. They traded design sensibilities that were fun and thematically appropriate for more theme parky BG2 elements.

A good example of what I mean is that in Conquistador you have these vague Indiana Jones style encounters with supernatural forces, but you have to dig around for them. Now you get totally on the rails camping dreams with Odin. Can't miss 'em.

Can't help but feel as though this franchise should be above that.

Jinn

Arcane
I like the direction they took with this game, but I do wish they would have been able to keep some of this

A good example of what I mean is that in Conquistador you have these vague Indiana Jones style encounters with supernatural forces, but you have to dig around for them.

a little more alive. I would definitely say that I prefer Vikings to Conquistador in general though.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Hi, I don't understand, 4 of my companions are starving. Even if I camp 4 times in a row, with enough rations and meat, and Eydis cooking, everytime I get the same message after camping : "4 of your companions have not eaten" ! Confusing....

Hi, I don't understand, 4 of my companions are starving. Even if I camp 4 times in a row, with enough rations and meat, and Eydis cooking, everytime I get the same message after camping : "4 of your companions have not eaten" ! Confusing....

I had a similar problem. Eventually it went away, I don't know why.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
do you assign them food? sometimes it doesnt auto assign andyou have to manually do it

Barbarian

Arcane
Word of advice: either ally yourself with one of the factions or go full fantasy heathen fag and conquer britain. The "prosperity" ending is very unsatisfying and you miss quite a bit of content.

Also, it is possible to make an alliance with Mercia. One of the most obscure outcomes in the game actually.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
do you assign them food? sometimes it doesnt auto assign andyou have to manually do it

Of course I didn't.

So now I know...

Mark Richard

Arcane
Just finished the Denmark campaign with the 1.05 patch and it makes a world of difference to stability. Entering town is no longer a coin toss to see whether the game will crash or not. Changes like the player bonus formation round and limits on skill progression are all for the better.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Finished! Britain has been crushed and my legacy is secure. Upon meeting the required Power resource I was half dreading an abrupt cutscene signalling the end of the game, but to my surprise I was able to take part in the invasion. Glad to say the improved stability does extend to the second campaign. If anyone has been tentatively nibbling their credit card waiting for Expeditions: Viking to reach a playable state, now's a good time to pull the trigger.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
The next patch 1.0.6 is going up for beta testing soon. It'll include more customization options, support for custom portraits and support for custom random events, and a few other things as well as hopefully fixing the last crashing issues (We had to update the engine for this, which is why it's taking longer). The new difficulty settings and ironman will be in 1.0.7.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Time to die in a pit of snakes after a depressing 10-something episodes of drug addiction and constantly wanting to die

It's the Viking Life

Barbarian

Arcane
The new patch(BETA - 1.6) sure is sweet. I guess right now the game is pretty close to being in a "finished" state.

My opinion hasn't changed. I dislike the viking setting but the game is so good I am going to replay it.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bought it on release, but will most probably only start playing the 1.07 version.

Make it the best as possible, aye!

purpleblob

Savant
I finished it twice on normal, it's an enjoyable game but way too easy (when I find it easy, that means it's seriously easy). BTW, there is a huge difference in number of quests in Picts vs Northumbria. I liked Picts better so found it very dissatisfying that I have very limited number of quests to complete for them which was also reflected in reputation. By the time I was done crushing Northumbria, I still had higher rep with them than Picts.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
20 hours in the game. Very decent. One of the best games of 2017 (could be my GOTY if there were no Persona 5) and much better than TToN.

Avonaeon
:salute::salute::salute:

Are you content with the sales? What are your future plans?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Expeditions: Heart of Darkness

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom