Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets a new story trailer, now available for preorder on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

Yesterday, Warhorse Studios finally shut down crowdfunding for their upcoming historical action-RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance and opened up conventional pre-orders on the game's Steam page. To coincide with that, they've released a new story trailer, entitled "Born From Ashes". It tells the origin story of your character, Henry, who is a shitflinging peasant (no, really) who joins the knighthood after his parents meet a tragic fate.

Animation and voice acting are still kind of dodgy, aren't they? I guess that's to be expected in a game with this kind of scope and ambition. In the end, there's only one CD Projekt.

SniperHF

Arcane
The animations and such are sort of dodgy as you suggest, but I'm not terribly put off by them either.

The biggest WTF moment in the trailer though was @ 1:05 where some old guy says something but his voice sounds NOTHING like you'd expected :lol:. The whole trailer probably would have been better without the voices.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I agree with the sentiment of the other thread, promoting the game with those uncanny valley story segments is a mistake. Show the people the open world hiking ffs.

Kron

Arcane
I'm half expecting this to be "good for what it is" historical medieval architecture sightseeing and hiking simulator...

That being said, the voice acting looks truly awful and bland - and the more they show of the "dramatic story", the more boring and uninteresting it looks.
And as far as I've seen, they don't even show the first person combat anymore, which I guess is sort of worrying.

Ash

Arcane
The voice acting is epic and has raised my interest in the game substantially :lol:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It's lip-synching that's the problem here.

Unfortunately that's a pretty bad problem to have, since it's hard to ignore. Hopefully they can fix it before the game ships.

Kron

Arcane
Not so sure it's only about the lip-synch. Countless games have had robotic mouth movement or no moving headparts at all, but as long as the voice acting is good, it puts the right emotion through.

Here it's just plain bland, probably the mixture of bad voice actors and bad voice directing.

Shin

Cipher
yeah, if anything, this trailer put me off the game.

I wanted this to be a poor mans mount and blade but it turned out to be a poor mans twitcher...

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I can live with the voice acting and animations or whatever, I've never cared too much about those things. It's a video game and hopefully it doesn't have a million cut scenes anyways. For some reason I found the background music track really annoying though.

It must suck being a developer and having a bunch of wussies whine about every little insignificant detail.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol what a bunch of idiots and bandwagon-jumping sheeple ITT. :lol:

Voiceacting is great, some of the best British actors were doing it. Problem is, and always was, with the mother, don't understand how Vavra doesn't see that. And the "What the fuck are you doing!!" dude is Toby, Warhorse German-Czech PR manager, it's an easter egg or some such.

Dialogue animation is still raw true, it's mainly bc of the unmoving eyes I'd say. But that's why the release was postponed by about 8 months, to iron out things like that.

Comparisons with Witcher are retarded, CD Projekt is a gigantic studio compared to Warhorse and TW3 cost 80 milion to develop and market (they also got all kinds of state and EU subsidies btw). KCD's budget is what, 7 milion? We'll talk in half a year if the difference in overall content quality is also tenfold.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Studios that don't have an AA-budget or conventional cache of competent voice acting slaves should just focus on something other than talking heads to do their dialogue.

harhar!

Augur
Comparisons with Witcher are retarded, CD Projekt is a gigantic studio compared to Warhorse and TW3 cost 80 milion to develop and market (they also got all kinds of state and EU subsidies btw). KCD's budget is what, 7 milion? We'll talk in half a year if the difference in overall content quality is also tenfold.

This argument will make sense once they start selling it at 1/10th of the price. If you offer a game at a certain price, it is totally reasonable for people to compare it to other games with that price. If you want to be compared with second rate indie games instead, sell it at second rate indie game prices.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

This argument will make sense once they start selling it at 1/10th of the price. If you offer a game at a certain price, it is totally reasonable for people to compare it to other games with that price. If you want to be compared with second rate indie games instead, sell it at second rate indie game prices.

Another genius. If I were to post screengrabs of all the countless "Witcher 85% off, buy nao!!1!" deals I've seen on Steam, GoG and elsewhere over the years I wouldn't do anything else all day.

yeah, if anything, this trailer put me off the game.

This is Codex, little Billy, you came to the wrong neighbourhood. The funhouse with the pretty ponies and blinking lights is over here.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
I really really want to play KCD. No matter how retarded some of the things I'm seeing in those trailers may be :lol:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
CNN: Trump is a nazi.
Me: No, u retarded, he's not perfect but far from nazi.
CNN: Why u so emotionally invested in defending him. :removes-his-moral-highground-monocle-cleans-it-puts-it-back: Not arguing, just noting your behavior.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom