Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELMINAGE ORIGINAL COMING TO 3DS (localized!)

Guygrim

Novice
aweigh

Damn man you make me laugh.

I have played through and completed the very first dungeon in Wizardry Empire 2. I got dropped into B3F and proceeded to spend the next hour or more wandering in the dark until I wasn't sure how to proceed. Ended up discovering that I totally forgot about a path on the 1F and the rest fit like a glove. I did have to handmap the dark area in the B3F with wall bombs and spinner tiles, paying attention to the sound effect when you get spun so I could gauge how many times I turned. It felt very satisfying to complete that dungeon!

Gothic is already underway. Priest, Sam, Sam, Thief, Bishop, Alch. Wasn't intending on using two Samurais, but I got two high rolls randomly when making other characters that I made them. Is a Female Samurai locked out from any items? Does a Hotlet Thief work for stealing and disarming? Strength has nothing to do with it right? I'm also manually mapping the dungeon and so far I find it very enjoyable, slow, but relaxing in a way.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT SHIT MEANS Siveon

I just checked my go-to site, 3ds iso dot edu gov, and there's like 6 different virgins asking for it already.

for some reason this is a game that is for some reason uhh like somehow hard to squeeze out of its HD-DVD cartridge and put it inside our gmails?????

whyy??

do u have link send me pm plz and ur ASL

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Guygrim

two starting Sams, especially for Gothic (because their ability to "randomly" suddenly completely jump out and interrupt the enemy's incoming attack, COMPLETELY NULLIFY SAID ATTACK, and then perform their "counter attack" called birdblow in Original and Swallow's Return in e: Gothic and deal DAMAGES to said enemy can be:

- no homo COMPLETELY LIFE SAVING, as later enemies (end game dungeons like volcano/sanctum, and obviously post dungeons i.e. the REEL ONES) in these dungeons devs decided to see if your balls had dropped yet and begin to pack a few floors here and there with squads of pissed off japanese samurai -type enemies wielding COOL SWORDS with like, 10-20% behead enchantment which FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON will trigger every single time--

-- sam's swallow return ability whose trig-rate increases w/ level, will nullify those atks when it triggers thus saving you from losing 1-2 (or sometimes more) chars to enemy beheading ur asses.

and since that ability doesn't rely on Turn Order it can/will trigger in like, for example fight starts, 1st turn is for enemy Sammael who can attack 2 times in a row and each atk behead 1 faggot, well guess what ur sam hits puberty and swallow cockblocks said atk and tops it off with dealing dmg to the undead enemy.

just an example. in any case, you can also (and what i recommend) move the 2nd sam to back Row and give him/her a spear or a bow weapon and have them serve as a offense/defense char holding back-row together while contributing dmg to enemies, and leaving you with the chance to fill the front row's 3 sluts with

(power-gaming version) valkyrie, ninja, lord (or fighter)

(non-autist version for ppl who wanna "role play" their party) lord/fighter, maybe a HUNTER for spice in ur life, and umm, hmm, oh a front-row THIEF (u get some great swords for Thief-usage later on, that are S-ranged).

that means ur bunghole will be covered by spear/bow/slingshot (???) using sammy, and like the requisite faggot bishonen and bicurious alchie chars.

bishop class is just awful in e: Gothic (as they decided to go back to 100% strict wiz 1-5 rules and not allow them to equip anything cool and went back to making hammers S-ranged, AS THEY SHOULD BE, but thus relegating bishonen chars back to Wiz-classic status of: awful, awfully useless and only in ur party because the fucking game makes it almost mandatory to be able to ID in-dungeons unless you've cleared game 8 times and are already level 800 and wise in your beers...

...thus not in need of such petty thing as in-dungeon item ID because you're playing this shit for the 12th time and you just decide to hex edit and mod the game and give ID ability to everybody.

is what i did.

fuck bishops.

btw i got tons of mods i made for e: gothic (and e: original) that make both of the games:

- HARDER

- ...BUT NOT IN A DUMB WAY BECAUSE I AM SMART AND NOT DUMB LIKE OTHER MODDERS WHO THINK BLOATING HP = JIZZ

- and basically entire item list of e: gothic (both 3ds ver and the pc ver) "tweaked" in ultra-genius weays like

-making SOME hammers, i.e. the weaker non-unique ones, M-ranged, so as to give bishounens something to do besides nothing.

- making select few hammers able to be equipped by Alchies and Mages and Summoners, with Alchies getting 2 or 3 select few hammers that mages/summoners don't because alchemists spend all day smithing blacks and thus are strung.

- making BOOKS L-RANGED because:

1) idea of atking w/ book is already dumb so fact that thjey are s-ranged means u will never, ever, ever, use them because who the fuck would equip that shit on a Bishop and move them to front row so they can inflict 1-4 damages to the enemy goblin. utteraly retarded so i made them L-ranged because nothing cooler than Mage-type char reading DEM WORDS aloud to the enemy from the back row and having them form a magic bullet of WORDS and flying to the enemy severing their limbs and jugulars and eating their liver.

2) making select few bows (i.e. mostly all of the non-uniques, non-cool ones) able to be equipped by thieves, SHAMANS, alchemists and summoners (not mages, lewl); this means hunters still only ones w/ access to DEM GOOD BOWS while giving thieves access to dumb things in early/mid-game before you start getting Thief-equippable s-ranged swords/booooomerangs/etc, and giving Alchies and Summoners SOMETHING TO FUCKING DO BESIDES CIRCLE JERK.

3) as per traditional Wiz Empire tradition, made ALL WHIPS able to be equipped by Summoners. Whips have always been Summoner weapons but since Starfish wanted to make E: GOTHIC ultra-hard-cores they resitrcted whip-access to Summoners to only the "uniques" or whatever.

I.E. WHY THE FUCK CANT MY SUMMONER NOT EQUIP A CHAIN OR A FAERY WHIP BY A FUCKING FIGHTER CAN, OH AND ALSO THEY COULD IN E: ORIGINAL UGH

along with other, very subtle, EXTREMELY SMART "tweaks" that only TRUE FANS would appreciate.

NOTE: before u think this affects "balances" or whatever remember that (while I could and have done so) mage-type classes DO NOT GAIN EXTRA ATKS as they level up, unlike fighters/thieves/shamans/clerics/etc; the Martial-type classes will always be good at melee by design, regardless of whatever dumb thing they have in their hands--

--whereas mage-type classes in elminage series (and in wizardry) will never break "game balance", REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY USE, because they will be restricted in # of atks per SWING, by the item's native statistics.

i.e. this means an alchemist that now has access to a short bow is not gonna be dealing fighte/rhunter/samurai levels of dmg with the weapon (the fig/hunt/sam/etc in this example using the same weapon the short bow), simply due to the fact that this bow has 1 atk per swing, and even a level over 9000 alchie will do 1 atk per swing and deal probably 1 dmg to Cyclonus or whatever the fuck, because duh the fucker is using a short bow in fucking cyclonus fight.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
also while it will be extremely tempting to class change dat CLERIC (NOT PRIEST!!! CLERIC!!) into a Lord or some shit later on, I would like to at least allow the consideration of keeping a pure cleric because:

- pure clerics will alwayhs have access to good hammers aaaalllll the way to the very very end of ze game and while they won't be able to deal tons of dmg (they gain only 1 extra atk per swing every 15 levels, compared to a Thief who gaines +1 atk per swing every 10 levels, and fighters/sams/lords/valks/ninjas/hunters gaining +1 bunghole every 5 levels).

- clerics also will always have access to almost the exact same ARMOR that figs, sams, etc will have access to = they will have good AC values and thus not die in 1 hit.

- and the actually important point here: pure clerics are only class that will have higher-than-average positive bonuses to their usage of healing (dey heal more) and pure Clerics are only class who will always have higher-than-average success rate % in resurrecting fallen faggots (i.e. NOT TURNING THEM TOASHES).

- finally, pure Cleric is only class that can deal FULL DMG when using Cleric-school's final super duper spell of IMOLARATI which is literally the strongest dmg spell IN THE GAME, and when combined with a certain OTHER OP SPELL (i'll leave u to figure out which) the combo of those 2 spells (but ONLY IF pure cleric is doing the IMOLARATI!) will be optimal boss-killing strategy for ibag's tower bosses.

bishops can only reach 50% of the possible DMG when using IMO-whatever spell, and valks/lords a paltry 25%, and also in same order of degression amount of bungholes healed decreasing with valks/lords sucking majorly when it comes time to heal the party or resurrect (FUCK! TURNED TO ASHES! ARGH! ALT F4 RELOAD GAME etc), and bishops ugh bishops are useless at EVERYTHINGGG (except id'ing items).

lemme know if u want something, like for example the mod/tweak/change I made that allows anyone to ID shit. or, like, the tweaked hammers that have bishops/alcs added to the list of who can use them, etc.

or if u want all the enemies to have 2x their armor class or whatever because you are SEMPER FI and u want something 2spooky.

Guygrim

Novice
Your mod sounds good balance wise, although I plan on beating it first un-modded.

I don't intend on keeping the Bishop for the entire game, he's more of an early game class for me. The starting cleric will be changed to a Fighter at some point, he's a Dragonewt. Will also be bringing in other characters to spread out usage of Cleric/Alchemist spells and will get a pure Cleric at some point.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, pure casters get bonus % to their spell effectiveness once they reach mastery (level 26 for basic classes). And HPs keep rising. Chances are your Cleric/Fighter's spells won't be of much use in post-game. They won't heal/damage enough, other then a post-fight fill-up. Though his full-heals and status removal spells will still be useful, I guess. But he'll have only 3 slots/spell level, which is not much.

Guygrim

Novice
It's really just for the utility of having the status removals for combat or outside of combat after you're left with your primary healers all stoned or paralyzed. I don't like carrying around potions and stuff.

jungl

Augur
its kind of funny how here we all enthusiastic about blobbers. But to normies...lol. My friends girlfriend saw me playing one recently and she says why you playing that lines and boxes game. Basically to everyone we are retards for spending our time playing this instead of REEL games like skyrim.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Why the focus on the postgame content, asking as someone who hasn't played an Eliminage game? Is the actual campaign a bit of a wet blanket and the real meat is supposed to be afterwards?

I'd say to at least defeat de dukes.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
its kind of funny how here we all enthusiastic about blobbers. But to normies...lol. My friends girlfriend saw me playing one recently and she says why you playing that lines and boxes game. Basically to everyone we are retards for spending our time playing this instead of REEL games like skyrim.

lol so true. people at my previous job where wtf when I showed them games like The dark spire in classic mode.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
most people aren't necessarily cruel, although we all know some are evil, and we all know the vast majority is niether that nor this; they'reliving and one cannot ask more than that.

there are some people who like to make fun of others, though, because it makes them feel better about their own bad circumstances in their inner lives... it's something complex, although most consider it simple, i don't think there are truly evil people among us, for how can evil exist and manifest in our human egos when theere is a youtube video of a kid going super saiyan in his room.

for he or she whose time is precious and whose grace allows them to brielf transcend the countless dark pools of water behind our skin; for those who click on this video and enjoy it, i want to thank you and i think we're all now better for watching it.

kingcomrade
Courtier
Siveon

Comte
@deuce_traveler

Jaesun
Jasede
Twinfalls

Vault Dweller

POOPERSCOOPER

Volourn
an Administrator

Shackleton

hackncrazy

Mustawd
Celerity

Lilura

Infinitron

Roguey

Crooked Bee

i'm GLAD TO BE ALIVE. I. AM.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Jasede

truth?

it's progbably the single most densely packed first-person view, full-party (front and back row), turn-based (or wahtever....) RPG made in the style of its betters such as Wizardry scenarios and the ones Cleve mentiones.

you want an RPG with shitn to do? sometimes outright goofy creatures showing up that completely then on its head whatever quest or expectations u might have?

gruelinggg dungeons (not due to difficulty but because, sadly, now with GRIM in our hands:

...THE VERDICT IS IN: Cleve most assuredly has the stamina of Herakles and the perseverance which taints the souls of all philosopher-kings in this monumental craft, but the game does not feature the remotest semblances of "human understanding".

ok, that came off mean. WHAT I really want to say is: cleve is 100% a basement-dwelling autistic WEIRDO, and I SAY THIS WITH ALL OF THE LOVE IN FUCKING WORLD, his game(s) AMPLY shine with his... well, his un-coolness

sorry that i can't think of a better term, and obviously by no means does this "cool" thing i just mentioned affect or have anything to do with making the most grognard Wiz-clones ever, and i remind you i am the ultimate King of the Rats in this forum and I wallow endlessly in my position as the one who knows so much he doesn't know the things that actually matter.

that is how Cleve comes off as, and this is my judgement strictly from playing 18 hours of Grim.

he's a fucking nutcase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but we love him.

In summation: it is a gargantuan effort but ultimately it is a sub-par Wiz-clone that fails in many aspects. by no means a bad game, just a VERY FREQUENTLY boring one.

absolutely NO INTERESTING CLASSES, races, spell,s items, etc. you get the idea. this is a game made by someone who, like Tarantino, dreamed of making such a thing while slaving away in the basement chains of BABAGGES (right? right? wait, wha?); and his utter lack of what "normal people" tend to refer to as:

...common sense, which is CODE for meaning: this person is a WEIRDO, and he does not think like us.

the lackluster quests, the ocassionaly funny quip or line, none of this manages to make playing thru the ugly walls inside all of the (INCOMING NUKE)

VERY SURPRISINGLY... BELOW-AVERAGE TO OFTEN OUTRIGHT INSULTINGLY AMATEURISH DUNGEON DEISNS.

I have no wish to quarrel w/ good Cleve, and In fact I doth admire his cocketh. But if he wants some I'll give him some.

I'm nice like that.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So i want to play this game on my 3ds and Nintendo is too retarded to fucking publish it on european e-shop.

Is there any way to bypass regionlock other than with CFW?

I just want to give them money and play my goddamn Elminage, is that too much to ask?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i want to play this game on my 3ds and Nintendo is too retarded to fucking publish it on european e-shop.

Is there any way to bypass regionlock other than with CFW?

I just want to give them money and play my goddamn Elminage, is that too much to ask?
Get a US 3DS.

If not, CFW is super easy to do nowadays, with patience and the right firmware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom