Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I am ashamed to see us falling for such a weak trolling attempt. This is the Codex ffs. Just ignore him.

Absolutely mindboggling. I go to bed, everything is fine.. wake up and suddenly I'm accused of piracy, banned, and then accused of trolling when I try to explain. Fucking surreal.

I'm out. Just don't care at this point.

The tipoff for you was the key word

B A N N E D

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Blow it out your ass, you obese pederast. I didn't pirate your game, and I certainly don't give a damn about not being able to post in your forum. Get bent.

If you can lift a car, that's not obesity, little man. That's also not fat you're looking at. Trying to get it back this week at the gym, amazing how weeks of sedentary parked solid in front of a computer and am still doing 140 pound bent-arm pullovers. Surreal. Muscles swelled so much from a single workout I looked like the Michelin tire man, could barely move, was hyper inflating inside my own body like one of those Sumo suits. Just fell over and laid there as quads and biceps bloated to 10x size at rest. Basically did ten minutes of weightlifting and metamorphosed into Hulk on the spot. Casuals at the gym were crying and curled up into fetal position in horror beneath tables completely traumatised at seeing me 4x height and weight when I entered. Where does the mass come from, man? Where does the mass come from? How I can enter the gym weighing 280 and leave apparently weighing 560?

If you didn't care then why did you come skipping over to RPGCodex with your mascara tears pouring down crying dindonuffin?

Listen, is that 700 pound man sitting on a bucket playing computer games in your avatar? Who is that? Please don't tell me that lard hillock is you. Just looking at your avatar the smell hit me and that's physically impossible.

Last edited:

Tarrant

Educated
Blow it out your ass, you obese pederast. I didn't pirate your game, and I certainly don't give a damn about not being able to post in your forum. Get bent.

If you can lift a car, that's not obesity, little man. That's also not fat you're looking at. Trying to get it back this week at the gym, amazing how weeks of sedentary parked solid in front of a computer and am still doing 140 pound bent-arm pullovers. Surreal. Muscles swelled so much from a single workout I looked like the Michelin tire man, could barely move, was hyper inflating inside my own body like one of those Sumo suits. Just fell over and laid there as quads and biceps bloated to 10x size at rest. Basically did ten minutes of weightlifting and metamorphosed into Hulk on the spot.

If you didn't care then why did you come skipping over to RPGCodex with your mascara tears pouring down crying dindonuffin?

Listen, is that 700 pound man sitting on a bucket playing computer games in your avatar

"Hey guys, I'm not fat, I'm husky."

Don't you have a manual to publish, tubs?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Patrons were screaming. Somebody pulled a fire alarm. They were all clinging to the walls desperately trying to edge around my rapidly expanding form. A guy was saying "This isn't REAL ... FIND A HAPPY PLACE ... FIND A HAPPY PLACE" as the entire gym was emptied out in a wild panicked evacuation. Meanwhile I continued to lay in the middle of the floor, steadily inflating until even my head was bulging.

I discovered later somebody had made use of all the chaos and commotion to take my Bondi Powder jar in the lockers which I just spent $39.95 on the day before.

I-Dont-Know-Who-You-Are-Or-Why-You-Took-My-Protein-Funny-Muscle-Meme-Image.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

If you can lift a car, that's not obesity, little man. That's also not fat you're looking at. Trying to get it back this week at the gym, amazing how weeks of sedentary parked solid in front of a computer and am still doing 140 pound bent-arm pullovers. Surreal. Muscles swelled so much from a single workout I looked like the Michelin tire man, could barely move, was hyper inflating inside my own body like one of those Sumo suits. Just fell over and laid there as quads and biceps bloated to 10x size at rest. Basically did ten minutes of weightlifting and metamorphosed into Hulk on the spot.

Listen, is that 700 pound man sitting on a bucket playing computer games in your avatar

Are you in Australia? Celebrity fight for charity, it's on. Send me contact details. Bring a bucket. The bucket is not to spit in, it's to carry you out.

Tarrant

Educated
Would you two just shut up and kiss already. The tension is killing me.
Patrons were screaming. Somebody pulled a fire alarm. They were all clinging to the walls desperately trying to edge around my rapidly expanding form. A guy was saying "This isn't REAL ... FIND A HAPPY PLACE ... FIND A HAPPY PLACE" as the entire gym was emptied out in a wild panicked evacuation. Meanwhile I continued to lay in the middle of the floor, steadily inflating until even my head was bulging.

I discovered later somebody had made use of all the chaos and commotion to take my Bondi Powder jar in the lockers which I just spent $39.95 on the day before.

I-Dont-Know-Who-You-Are-Or-Why-You-Took-My-Protein-Funny-Muscle-Meme-Image.jpg

Would you *please* stop posting and lifting weights in your mind and get back to finishing your game so I can buy the fuckin thing? Jesus Christ man.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
If he honors the Wizardry tradition, Brenda would be writing the manual.

Doesn't like 'DOS Manuals', but on the other hand won't ask for a raise. Could be a good option for Golden Era Games

Romero took a plane to Atlanta for the job interview. But during the interview, when IBM disclosed that her job would be to revise and update DOS manuals, Romero had an epiphany. "They offered me $US20,000 more than I earned at Sir Tech, but I thought: 'No, this isn't the job for me.'"

Romero took the plane back to New York and walked into the VP of Sir Tech's office. "It was a profound moment that at the time lacked any gravity," she says. "He asked me how it went, and I said: 'I think I want to keep making games.' That was that. I didn't even ask for a raise. I was just happy to be working on games."

... because Robert was definitely going to give her a raise. I would bet the Siroteks never gave anybody a raise in their 20 year history.

Tarrant

Educated
Would you *please* stop posting and lifting weights in your mind and get back to finishing your game so I can buy the fuckin thing? Jesus Christ man.

I'm not going to buy a beta product that isn't advertised as such, hence the refund in the first place. "V2" is a ridiculous joke. I would love to play the best blobber ever made, but I need Cleve to get off his ass and finish it first.

Are you in Australia? Celebrity fight for charity, it's on. Send me contact details. Bring a bucket. The bucket is not to spit in, it's to carry you out.

Bucket won't do it, buddy. I'd go with a wheel barrow and a few 55 gallon drums.

Sadly, I'm not in AU so we won't be able to get all greased up and grapple. :(

I think somebody just posted a new balancing issue in the Steam forum. Better get over there and check it out.

Razor44

Novice
The only thing thats balanced, currently, is that everything about the game is unbalanced. At least Cleve admits that its in a shitty shape.

Razor44

Novice
I honestly do not think the manual will be of much help to anyone.... testing by myself and several of the members here with Zeps editor have proven that even Cleveland, in several cases, doesnt really know what the stats/skills do, or how things actually relate to each other. Plus, theres the sheer amount of broken skills items etc....The worth of the manual is really iffy at this point.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
balance is for losers btw, I love hitting bosses for 1000hp with my giant pink fist
you can always use cheats and do 10 million damage with your pinky. Some of us wants balance thank you. I don't mind being a loser - meaning actually losing to tough bosses.

no challenge no fun.

Last edited:

Biggus

Scholar
Grimoire manual:
Most of the skills: do nothing
Most of the stats: do nothing

... and one of the ones that does something (lethal blow), procs so often it trivialises everything :(

Edit:
Now that I think of it, it's probably a good thing that the metalsmith is broken working as intended, almost never procs. Having 3 guys with 100 in lethal blow would be even sillier than having 2 guys with 100. :(

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm really thinking about composition of my new "3rd time attempt party" (Maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty on those savegame deletes) hearing about this fist weapon bonus is making me consider a dragon girl fist fighter.

I'll wait for the manual before I get back into it I think (got IRL shit to do).

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You call that husky
KFFjzkf.jpg

If this ins't your goal body than I can't help you. This is what peak performance looks like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom