Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DECLINE (Grimoire Character Editor) Development Thread of Decline

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
My vote would be for Inventory Editor....to make getting arrows a little less tedious. Appreciate the work your doing! Making the game much more enjoyable.

Maybe, I already have some INV code in a test app I use. Though I am running out of screen room for more GridViews...I'll have to piss around with the screen layout a bit.

Zep--

Furcas

Novice
Yep inventory would be awesome. Several things don't work right adding via slots like instruments as an example. Spell books too.

An easier method on getting spells might be to modify the bonus spells count too (the button on character sheet). It can be modified with CE and does let you add all you want out of what's available. At least then you know the spells work fully too.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
So, I'm thinking about adding a Checkbox above the skills that says "Unlock All"

If you check it, then all the skills will be unlocked.

The other option is to add a third column to the Gridview, 0 will keep locked (or lock it), and a 1 will unlock it...

Thoughts?

Zep--

Furcas

Novice
Both would be nice Zep but my preference leans towards individual toggles. My reasoning is that unlocking everything may have unintended consequences.

At least two skills are gained through different than normal methods based on what I've read.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, I'm thinking about adding a Checkbox above the skills that says "Unlock All"

If you check it, then all the skills will be unlocked.

The other option is to add a third column to the Gridview, 0 will keep locked (or lock it), and a 1 will unlock it...

Thoughts?

Zep--

The latter option would be helpful for unlocking the Prestige Classes / making them playable, while still being able to play legit. A checkbox which unlocks all would probably be more likely to break the save in a future update and just be a clusterfuck to navigate in game.

Just my two cents, haven't had a chance to try out :decline:, since I want to keep the:incline: pure in my first playthrough. The only thing I would have wished for would be a program to handle rerolling on char creation. But even that is part of the experience for me. How am I to form a bond with my Metalsmith when he isn't the result of constant rerolling to get that 30+ and the subsequent begrudging resignation which forever assigns him the bonusless black sheep status amongst his adventure family.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Hey Zep, why is it all or nothing? Is there no way to make it so we can get just one skill at a time?

Selective Unlocking of Skills will be in the next update. You'll be able to toggle skills On/Off.

Zep--

Razor44

Novice
Astralvision Mental
Deflection Physical
Iajitsu Physical
Meditation Mental
Firearms Cleve has this listed as a mental skill, but should be martial skill as its on the "firearms" themselves.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Astralvision Mental
Deflection Physical
Iajitsu Physical
Meditation Mental
Firearms Cleve has this listed as a mental skill, but should be martial skill as its on the "firearms" themselves.

Thanks, I'll set them to those categories in the next version of DECLINE.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Individual Skill Toggles almost complete...ran into a few micro-issues trying to implement them in the current GridView.

Solved all but 1 micro issue.

so, 1 micro issue remaining.

I expect the new version to be released tomorrow.

Zep--

Tigranes

Arcane
Thanks Zep.

Adding items to inventory would be the one big thing if possible.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
GOOOOOOD MOOOOORNING VIETNAM!

Work for today.

Late start today. Working on last micro issue for Individual Skills toggle.

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
Deflection Physical
Iajitsu Physical

Where do these come from? With lethal blow maxed, my guys don't know where to put all those physical points.

Pointing a thingy in a correct direction, pressing a button then tinkering with reloading mechanism hardly compares to all that fencing stuff you find in the martial group. Fits mental skills like a glove IMO.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Ok, Solved the last micro issue in Individual Skills toggle. I want to test it a bit to make sure it is working like I think it should work.

I don't have the time to test right now, but expect a new version of DECLINE with this feature uploaded today sometime.

After lunch and a nap, of course. :)

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Deflection Physical
Iajitsu Physical

Where do these come from? With lethal blow maxed, my guys don't know where to put all those physical points.

Pointing a thingy in a correct direction, pressing a button then tinkering with reloading mechanism hardly compares to all that fencing stuff you find in the martial group. Fits mental skills like a glove IMO.

I have no idea man...i'm just the coder monkey :) That's why I asked for advice on categories for those 5 skills.

I'd rather have solid evidence to where they belong instead of educated guesses.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
DECLINE v1.2-F Released!

New in this version:
Individual toggle of skills per character. (0 locks/hides, 1 unlocks/unhides)
Warning: you can turn off skills you already know, so be careful with your 1s and 0s.
Even if you accidentally lock something, it should retain the Skill Value.

Removed in this version:
The unlock all toggle checkbox.

DECLINE v1.2-F
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwWbO4WjDecjRUFlM3p3VEFjS00

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
What's new for upcoming DECLINE?

1.3 branch.

The 1.3 versions of DECLINE will start to deal with adding/removing items from Inventory bar and being able to set the charges/quantity of each item when added.

First I'll extract a new Item List since the one in 1.2 versions was extracted from the SuperDemo.

Zep--

Nixheb

Arcane
Hey ?Zep?, Cleve has announced in another thread that he is working with the NSA to encrypt resources files to break DECLINE which is CREATED BY A PIRATE WHO DOESN'T OWN THE GAME !

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Hey ?Zep?, Cleve has announced in another thread that he is working with the NSA to encrypt resources files to break DECLINE which is CREATED BY A PIRATE WHO DOESN'T OWN THE GAME !

Well, he has to have SOMETHING to do besides fix his stupid broken game.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Will spend some time tomorrow extracting a new item list for DECLINE (before the ?DRM? hits! lul)

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom