Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
All this Nihon Falcom makes me consider to spend my upcoming vacation just playing, instead of traveling or doing some other stupid shit :negative:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/ys-seven-pc-launches-august-30

Ys Seven will launch for PC via Steam, GOG, and The Humble Store on August 30 with a launch week discount of 10 percent off the regular price of $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99, publisher XSEED Games announced.

The first fully 3D entry in the Ys series, Ys Seven offers high-definition visuals at 60 frames per second, controller support, and other improvements over the PSP original first launched in 2010.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1439317496966437714

Adol's Adventure Essentials DLC, Art Book, & OST + Pre-purchase & Giveaways!

421a41b0a1620c84b871dac525e40e8a41e25723.png

Hello Everyone,

We're happy to announce the Adol's Adventure Essentials DLC bundle! The Adol's Adventure Essentials DLC will be available for free for one week upon the launch of the game on September 12, 2017.

The Adol's Adventure Essentials DLC bundle includes:
  • Adol's Silver Armor - The memorable, original armor Adol wore in Ys.
  • Adol's Adventurer Clothes - Jaunty clothing that Adol wears on his adventures around the world.
  • Adol's Survival Kit - Obtain items that are useful when adventuring on a deserted island. Survival Kit includes: Blade Ring II (x1), Empty Bottle (x1), and Iron Ore (x10)
On top of the Adol's Adventure DLC, we also have the Digital Mini Art Book and the Digital Soundtrack Sampler!

Lastly, adventurers will be able to pre-purchase and preload Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA starting from September 5 through September 12. And during the pre-purchase period, we'll also be doing giveaways for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA!

Stay tuned for more announcements, adventurers!

Best,
NISA Team

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ys SEVEN PC - Localization Blog #1: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/164304469170/ys-seven-pc-localization-blog-1

- Its porting is done by not Durante nor XSEED's own Sara, but a Japanesse company "that’s done extensive work on PC and console games alike."
- They couldn't implemented many enhancements and options like Cold Steel as it's a PSP game, but they've done what they could do.

About updating its translation:

But the fact is, we made changes to over a thousand lines of text – most just minor corrections to spelling, punctuation, or word order, but some consisting of complete rewrites for better clarity or more accuracy to the original Japanese – so we’re pretty confident in saying that any returning Ys fans who play this game should find themselves more immersed now from beginning to end than they were seven years ago, and new fans playing it for the first time will have the best possible experience doing so.

"Can we expect more ports like this in the future?"

A: You’ll just have to wait and see! If we haven’t announced it, we can’t say anything about it. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have things in the works behind the scenes!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just as I have zero time to play vidya games, Grimoire is released and then Trails of Cold Steel and soon this and D:OS 2...

:negative:

Just stopping by to share my frustration; don't mind me.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Just as I have zero time to play vidya games, Grimoire is released and then Trails of Cold Steel and soon this and D:OS 2...

Tell me about it. In addition, I still haven’t been able to update my computer since I arrived here. Been playing more board games though, which isn’t too bad.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahhh, there's always that niggling desire to sign up. Plus, free game.
But, I want to experience the best, bug-free version.

Deleted member 7219

Skip Grimoire, play Cold Steel now, then YS VIII when it comes out, then D:OS 2.

Sorted.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Is the Trails series really that good? I haven't played a decent jrpg in forever and I've been thinking about trying these but I'm worried it's gonna be devoid of challenge or depth. I've seen some screenshots of some sort of gem socketing system that looked kind of interesting but it wouldn't be the first game to have an interesting system made redundant by a lack of worthy enemies or poor balance within the system itself.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the Trails series really that good? I haven't played a decent jrpg in forever and I've been thinking about trying these but I'm worried it's gonna be devoid of challenge or depth. I've seen some screenshots of some sort of gem socketing system that looked kind of interesting but it wouldn't be the first game to have an interesting system made redundant by a lack of worthy enemies or poor balance within the system itself.

I actually liked Trails in the Sky FC mostly because of its classic JRPG atmosphere, the feeling of slowly exploring the world, the attention to detail and the quality of dialogue/translation, as well as how non-epic it actually was (for the most part) - which is rare in JRPGs. You really feel like playing someone who is still in training, and not a hero-out-of-nowhere. Which is also why I ultimately didn't enjoy Second Chapter as much - it got too anime-epic for me - although it was still fun to revisit the world.

So basically, I liked Trails for storyfaggotry reasons. The systems and combat are not bad - but I'm not the biggest fan of them around here. Still, they're okay; better than in many other story-focused RPGs for sure. I'm sure someone here could make a stronger argument in their favor.

(As for Cold Steel, no idea if I'm gonna like it as much as TitS FC, but I did want to give it a try.)

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It was a D1P for me - Great time to play it in 60FPS. Nightmare from the get-go, baby!

However, there are some annoying bugs - namely, resolution problems. Text pops out of the text boxes. No good!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Review from Steam:

This is an improved version of Ys SEVEN, a PSP game.
No, you can't use a number. It's SEVEN. And yes, it must be in caps.

This release is twice as expensive, because it has twice the frames, making it twice as good.
It also has some AA, which clearly justifies an extra fiver, so shut up and buy it, unless you don't like old school action adventures that kick you in the nuts with mean bosses.

Be the man who doesn't care about petty romance.
Be the expert ship-wrecking hero that defeats all that is ancient and powerful, with just a sword.
Be the best friend of which is arguably the ugliest incarnation of Dogi in the entire series (you judgmental monster).

Was this review helpful?
Of course not. Because this is Steam, and Steam is a meme.
Go look this game up on YouTube instead.
You're welcome.

I guess I will watch some streams before making a decision :)

Vorark

Erudite
Ys Seven plays differently from previous entries. I had the game on PSP and didn't like it very much, prefer to play a single character only than a party in these types of games. Didn't help they kept shoving your typical jRPG story on your face either.

Soundtrack is excellent, as always.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Who cares about party based Ys games, they... well, they plays okay actually, but the single character games are much better, the graphics, the combat, the boss fights...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom