Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout: Nevada mod for Fallout 2 gets a preliminary English release

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can anybody PLEASE post the real and best installation guide?

I can't into this russian installer shit, why didnt they make a english installer... how much of that am I supposed to click on ?
And then we are all surprised that Russian hackers are succesful.

:M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Let me know when there's some batch file I can click to install this...

valcik

Arcane
It does start weirdly though... the beginning is good, has great atmosphere and a perfect tutorial... but then you split up... and you wake up an amnesiac 50 years later, and you say "long live the Vault!" to people you don't even remember, and "how can I help?"... it's just a bit awkward
This is what you get when you reply on fan-made content.
Wrong.
You wake up just a couple of months after the incident according to your medical records stored in V8 terminal. More so, you don't suffer with amnesia, since your whole personality got implanted by V8 doctor.

.Pixote.

Augur
The hell are you saying, mate? Fallout map editor has been out there basically since the 20th century.
Then why did nothing even half decent come out of the """community""" in all these years? Shit scripting tools?

Because its fucking tedious to make mods with the original Fallout engine...everything has to be hand placed in the maps, the floor tiles can be lay down with simple pattern selection, that's about it. Critter creation is long and arduous, yet alone critter editing (changing heads, colours, etc - the main critters have about 50,000 frames that require individual editing).

I know nothing about the scripting because I want to stay as far as possible away from that shit (the reports say its crappy). Myself and a few dedicated lunatics are still working on the up and coming Mutants Rising Fallout mod. The mod has been in the making for 10 years, with the majority of contributors long gone. The game under took a major overhaul back in 2010, with the desire to release a great gaming experience equal to the original Fallouts.

Congratulations to the men that made Fallout: Nevada, I look forward playing the finished English translation.

uQblDMX.png

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Critter creation is long and arduous, yet alone critter editing (changing heads, colours, etc - the main critters have about 50,000 frames that require individual editing).
Do NMA fags still edit pre-rendered character sprites by hand in MS Paint? That's absolutely retarded, it's like editing a video file frame by frame.

FFS, Van Buren has 3D models with the same basic animations as FO1/2. Just create new models based on those animations and export them to 2D sprites. It could take you a single evening to create like 20 variations of the vault dweller guy or w/e.

valcik

Arcane
There's a lot of new animation sets or scenery objects on NMA rendered from new models actually. You can find new character models done by Rainman (Olympus 2207 mod author) in a span of few days in killap's Restoration Project as a part of Hero Appearance mod, or look at various excellent scenery objects by Ursa. Anyway, old sprites edited painstakingly frame by frame still rules supreme!

Also share link to that video of yours where you've recorded yourself after Grimoire got released plox.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom