Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When will the Codex ban Nazis?! This is an outrage! Ireanus hates jews and proclaims it openly!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Calling someone a "massive loser cuck" doesn't make the target automatically so ; however, it quite objectively tells a lot about your own intelligence.
Nobody who ever used the word "cuck", in fact, has amounted to anything in the history of mankind.

Nobody who pays 10 bucks to join a community of retards has ever amounted to anything but a caretaker of his wife's son.

mondblut

Arcane
Let's get back to the heart of the matter : when will the Codex ban nazis ?

Someone's got to become a sacrificial Heather for a nazi Dodge first. Will you volunteer to take one for the team? They'll rename a park website in your honour someday. And another in your other honour.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Let's get back to the heart of the matter : when will the Codex ban nazis ?

Someone's got to become a sacrificial Heather for a nazi Dodge first. Will you volunteer to take one for the team? They'll rename a park website in your honour someday. And another in your other honour.

No threat will change the ultimate fate of this forum when the day of reckoning happens.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
taxalot said:
Even the quality of discussion that doesn't involve racism or bigottry has plumetted, probably because such an atmosphere doesn't attract the brightest amongst us.

Unchecked freedom of speech backfires. I'm still hanging out of habit but this place is getting less interesting by the day.

Again, you seem to get absolutely wrong conclusions from the right observations. Unchecked freedom of speech is not the issue here, but the character of the people exerting it. The problem as far as I see it is that in the old days we had more or less the same jokes, drama and black humor, but in the end people knew that it was not serious. A few people did not, eg remember EmoVampire was banned for posting pictures of dead kittens. But since ca 1 year I get the impression this sense of irony is absent with the bulk of new posters. They have adjusted their entire "life" around boasting over the internet to compensate for their total failure in life, that's also why they are so crazy about memes, and increasingly aggressive against people who still have a life.

Anyway, just saying there are a lot of signs predicting the coming end of the Codex, but freedom of speech is not among them.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
Character of the reader is the issue. Holy shit someone said something I disagree with must put the overton window back in place so that all disagreement is simply not allowed. Let's ban these fuckers who complain half the games made today are something straight out of 1984 except without the entertainment value. It's not the problem of the games or society it's the gamers!

Calling someone a "massive loser cuck" doesn't make the target automatically so ; however, it quite objectively tells a lot about your own intelligence.
Nobody who ever used the word "cuck", in fact, has amounted to anything in the history of mankind.

Like Shakespeare who was one of the first people to use the term cuck if not the first? He was quite the flash in the pan.

DU should just give me temporary ownership of this forum. I would make it a cleaner, smarter place within weeks. You'd see how I "fix micro-issues.".

You're going to kill yourself and ban all the immigrants and third worlders? Can't wait.

Lambach

Arcane
DU should just give me temporary ownership of this forum. I would make it a cleaner, smarter place within weeks. You'd see how I "fix micro-issues.".

Trusting a guy who works a government job with shit pay and has a wife that cheats on him with negroes. Yeah, no. Any kind of power should be given only to socially well-adjusted people, not frustrated losers like you.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted

Trusting a guy who works a government job with shit pay and has a wife that cheats on him with negroes. Yeah, no. Any kind of power should be given only to socially well-adjusted people, not frustrated losers like you.

Anyone who WANTS power is someone that should not have it. This goes ten times when it comes to a mdoerator. Moderators are needed to keep out spambots and shit but only the most butthurt loser has power fantasies about "cleaning up" dissenting opinions on a motherfucking vidya games board :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lambach

Arcane
Anyone who WANTS power is someone that should not have it. This goes ten times when it comes to a mdoerator. Moderators are needed to keep out spambots and shit but only the most butthurt loser has power fantasies about "cleaning up" dissenting opinions on a motherfucking vidya games board :lol:

That too. A guy that wants to control discourse on an online forum because he can't control his whore wife is not a very healthy person and should be laughed out of the proverbial room.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I look at it from the perspective of "What facilitates bad posters?"

It used to be that Codex shitposters were shitposty in a random way. They posted random crap that was so off of everybody's radar, it was easy to see that they were retarded.

Then the anti-SJW culture war started and basically gave the shitposters a playbook. Now they have a prepared list of topics they can talk about that puts them on "Team Anti-SJW", which compels everybody to give them brofists and encourages them.

It also made them more boring. The random crap shitposters of old were more amusing, even if they did inevitably get banned.

valcik

Arcane
But since ca 1 year I get the impression this sense of irony is absent with the bulk of new posters. [..] they are so crazy about memes, and increasingly aggressive against people who still have a life.
Don't blame new posters, read netiquette instead and start wondering what happened and why are you targeted by shit flingers. Since you can't stand the heat you should've never started it, kiddo.

Also dat life:

yLHGxwI.png

:hahyou:

Burning Bridges

Anyway, just saying there are a lot of signs predicting the coming end of the Codex, but freedom of speech is not among them.

Yet, ultimately, limiting said freedom of speech is the only that could impede this coming end.

I dunno.
No. If people were in general not just so conformistic and would open their mouth those losers would fuck off again. It's just not gonna happen when those people outnumber you 20:1. I actually tried to make a list of people who were seriously discussing not just whoring for attention, within the last year. I do not come up with much. In fact posting on the KKKodex has become a complete waste of time, for at least the last 12 months.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Yet, ultimately, limiting said freedom of speech is the only that could impede this coming end.

I dunno.
No. If people were in general not just so conformistic and would open their mouth those losers would fuck off again. It's just not gonna happen when those people outnumber you 20:1. I actually tried to make a list of people who were seriously discussing not just whoring for attention, within the last year. I do not come up with much. In fact posting on the KKKodex has become a complete waste of time, for at least the last 12 months.

Everything that happened to this place happened pretty logically, sadly.

Freedom of speech and edginess mean that people started posting in GD the kind of bullshit that would never be accepted anywhere else. It was only a matter of time before GD turned into Stromfront v2. This is what happens to every unmoderated place for the simple reason that these are the only places such opinions are welcome.

From the, it's also fairly logic that opinions from a subforum started pouring in the other subforums.

Absolute freedom of speech is a neat ideal that is most often flawed in execution. There's that saying about Hell and the best of intents.

Burning Bridges

But that took pretty long then dont you think? Almost 15 years.

In fact I'd be happy if moderation just added an option to remove or filter the alert function. As it is now it makes it very hard to concentrate on new topics, and drags you in the same shit old topics again.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted

I dunno.

So the minority should control the majority? Sounds fair. It's just amazing to me what a shitfit the same people who want this would throw if conservatives did this on any corner of the net, yet they demand their way every single place. Just like how they constantly insult everyone they don't agree with but if they ever get called a name in return then they demand it's ban time.

If people want to be butthurt babies, then just ignore people you don't agree with. Or if they spam and are generally not saying anything of worth god knows I have put many on ignore for those reasons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom