Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shenmue 3

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Move along, people. What they are saying is that they won't get stuff that they weren't promised in the first place. What you paid for is what you got.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello Everyone,

Taking a look at end credits of Shenmue you may noticed this man’s name—Keiji Okayasu. He was the Game Director for Shenmue I, then played a big role through most of Shenmue II, and has now joined the production team for Shenmue III. We are very happy to have back this Shenmue veteran who helped deliver the goods the first time around, and look forward to him doing it again.

So, this month we would like to give an interview with Keiji to get to know a little bit more about him, and see what he hopes to accomplish as a director for Shenmue III.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1642042

Executr

Cipher
Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15

New videos planned to be shown in early 2017.

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a big feature where it seeks out answers to questions from developers about certain expectations for 2017. And that includes Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki on Shenmue III.

Here’s what Suzuki has to say:

“Development is entering the final stage headed towards full-scale production. Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos. We will continue progressing with development so that our backers and those who experience the world of Shenmue for the first time can do so with pleasure. Also, at noon on December 15, we will start pre-order sales for the PC version of Shenmue III, which received a lot of requests. Those interested in Shenmue III, please check the official website.”

Edit: Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/shenmue-iii-pc-pre-orders-begin-december-15

Barbarian

Arcane
I wonder if they will release ports of the first 2 games and have save game compatibility. Shemue 2 had a neat little feature were several moves and itens carried over only if you played the first game and unlocked them, specially those 3 cool moves the old bum in the harbor thaught you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-30-dont-expect-to-see-shenmue-3-any-time-soon

Don't expect to see Shenmue 3 any time soon
Ys Net's crowdfunded sequel to skip E3.

Shenmue 3 is going to be skipping this year's E3 - and it's looking increasingly likely it'll also be missing its initial shipping date of December this year.

Developer Ys Net shared a new update to Kickstarter backers of the highly anticipated sequel to a pair of Sega Dreamcast classics, giving a glimpse at an all-new character rendered in-engine and sharing a little more news. "While our schedule has yet to be finalised, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows," the update reads. "On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!"

Shenmue 3 was first confirmed at E3 2015, when creator Yu Suzuki took to Sony's stage to announce the Kickstarter campaign. The campaign went on to be a success, and development seems to have been carrying on at a fair pace ever since.

However, the initial delivery date of December 2017 looks like it could be out of reach. The Kickstarter page still holds to that date, with the following statement to be found: "A rigorous budget and schedule has been worked out with our production team and we believe our target of 2017 holiday season is within reach. That said, our goal is to make the best game possible (and one that the fans want!) so please understand the schedule may change as the project evolves. Frequent updates will be posted on the Update page."

That particular part of the site hasn't been updated since 2015, though, so maybe it's best to let go of that dream for now. Here's hoping we get a substantial look at Shenmue 3 before the year's end.

Barbarian

Arcane
Knowing Suzuki I bet this will come out 2019-2020.
That's more positive than my expectation of 2025.

Well I am honestly expecting something like Shenmue 2: 1/10th of the planned content and a really weird cliffhanger ending.

If he goes the Shenmue 1 route than this game will never get made. He doesn't have a videogame develoepr to bankrupt and 70 million to spend this time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...elease-date-delayed-until-second-half-of-2018

Shenmue 3 delayed until second half of 2018

In a shocking turn of events, Kickstarted role-playing game threequel Shenmue 3 has been delayed until "the second half of 2018".

Speaking in a video for backers who helped crowdfund the project, director Yu Suzuki today admitted the game would need longer in development.

It's not a huge surprise - updates on the game have been sporadic, and work-in-progress footage still looked very early.

You can watch the statement over on Shenmue 3's Kickstarter blog, or read Suzuki's statement below:

"It's been over two years since we began this incredible endeavour together. By utilising new technologies, we have been able to discover new possibilities and expressions. In many ways, the game has become bigger and more beautiful than I initially expected. We do, however, need more time to deliver the game to you.

"In order to achieve the game concept you supported and my 16 year-long personal dream, we have revised the development schedule. We are moving ahead with a plan to release the game in the second half of 2018. Details will be revealed in the backer report later this month. Thank you very much for your understanding and continued support."

Shenmue 3 was announced with fanfare during Sony's E3 2015 press conference two years ago. Its Kickstarter campaign hit the required $2m target in mere hours, and eventually ended with more than $6 raised.

Updates have since been a little thin on the ground, and last week we heard Shenmue 3 would not be at E3 next week. We'll just have to wait a little longer - but then, Shenmue fans are used to that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1958762

Deep Silver announced as the new publisher.
DHajK22UIAAOYbB.jpg:large

Zer0wing

Cipher
Deep Silver? Oh, the well known around the world Deep Silver. You know, Gothic 3, STALKER: Clear Sky and Wasteland 2. Shenmue is in safe hands, for sure.
:decline:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
They also published Persona 5 and are publishing Yakuza Kiwami. They've also published a few other Japanese games lately. I'm not worried.

Zer0wing

Cipher
They also grabbed a bunch of kickstarter projects including Mighty No 9. (and led a marketing campaign for it) In safe hands, alright?

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Evil Publishers all over again... Your developers just suck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom