Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I made a test restart with 4 saurian berserkers, 2 wolfin ranges, duren bard and orb sage. Bard starts at speed 60, orb 45, the rest at 50. Saurians set to unarmed. Mowed through ?WORMS? in Crowl Prison without taking a scratch. Destroyed the Green Hand gang on level 1 easier than post-Aquavia level 2 party did before.

Lack of magic may hurt in the long run, but with no equipment restrictions 6 badass warriors with lethal blow already look like a machine of death on level 1. Question is - should I go full retardo with class changing, or rather invest into stats that actually matter, like str and agi? I die a little inside when I put points into WIL/FEL for berserkers or INT/DEV for rangers. Fuck it, perhaps?

+1 for all MIGHT
Change the Bard to a Templar, so that everybody is a MeleeMachine except for the Poor Little Orb Boy. Oh and rename the Party to the Big Brawler Company and then Rip and Tear

covr

Prophet
Patron
Why do you guys go on such lengths to prove some random fucktard pirated a game?

Why do you, random internet person, go on such lengths to prove to a bunch of random fucktards that you allegedly had some elaborate trolling scheme?

Why am I even writing in this thread while I am on a sunny beach in Greece?

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece
MgK4efr.jpg

No basements here mate.

Turn off that bloom, mate.

mondblut

Arcane
+1 for all MIGHT
Change the Bard to a Templar, so that everybody is a MeleeMachine except for the Poor Little Orb Boy. Oh and rename the Party to the Big Brawler Company and then Rip and Tear

This is not some silly no magic challenge, this is an attempt to maximize killing efficiency and equipment use. I got tired of juggling equipment because these two can't use it because of their class, and those other two because of their race, etc etc. I'll rather keep all class and race item resctrictions clustered together.

Duren templar's got to go, now that rangers can also use Caliburnus. Moreover, templars don't have lethal blow so they do not qualify as a melee machine. I need bard's lute early on and his wizard spell access too.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
+1 for all MIGHT

This is not some silly no magic challenge, this is an attempt to maximize killing efficiency and equipment use. I got tired of juggling equipment because these two can't use it because of their class, and those other two because of their race, etc etc. I'll rather keep all class and race item resctrictions clustered together.

Duren templar's got to go, now that rangers can also use Caliburnus. Moreover, templars don't have lethal blow so they do not qualify as a melee machine. I need bard's lute early on and his wizard spell access too.

Oh, you wanted to keep it sensible. I thought you just wanted to experiment how far you could with brawling Saurians. Fair enough then.

Since I am not using any NPCs in my proper play-through I am toying with the idea of a Tourist play-through afterwards. I'll try to make the worst possible Char (maybe a Vampyre Metalsmith with maxed Metallurgy and Ancient Scripture) and let him be carried by an all NPC party. Then again that might turn out to be more powergaming than fun. But he could finish the game while contributing 0% and getting no kills.

aratuk

Cipher
I gave Cleve shit in the past, called him delusional, but I purchased the game immediately when he released it. He's clearly working hard to patch it. Public scrutiny is probably exactly what he needed to get the thing rounded out.

It's a one-person project, and should be held to a different standard than something that has passed through a corporate QA department.

All of this to say: Only weak-minded losers ask for refunds.

Make an informed decision when you buy something, or don't buy it.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Why do you guys go on such lengths to prove some random fucktard pirated a game?

Why do you, random internet person, go on such lengths to prove to a bunch of random fucktards that you allegedly had some elaborate trolling scheme?

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece

The real question is where does more anal sex occur.

Mech

Cipher

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece

In your mom?

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece

In your mom?

Could explain why he is one only son.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 5 hours ago

Grimoire is unbalanced. It has suffered from piecemeal editing of monsters without the global overview being present for years. These issues will be ironed out in V2 where whole genera of monstrum will be gauged incrementally and adjustments made to them to reflect their level and context. At present you have some fights that are way too hard for too little XP. I just have not tightened this up yet with so much else to do. It will be straightened out shortly after it is ascertained there are no serious bugs left in the game. We are almost to that stage now. There are incredible items in the game - but you will almost never find anything spectacular in the regular supermixer chests. They are designed to be rather blah and generic. The incredible stuff you have to hunt for and often like Caliburnus they won't be found in a chest. The items in the supermixer chests are to give your party average equipment and supplies of average magic items.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Grimoire is unbalanced. It has suffered from piecemeal editing of monsters without the global overview being present for years. These issues will be ironed out in V2 where whole genera of monstrum will be gauged incrementally and adjustments made to them to reflect their level and context. At present you have some fights that are way too hard for too little XP. I just have not tightened this up yet with so much else to do. It will be straightened out shortly after it is ascertained there are no serious bugs left in the game. We are almost to that stage now. There are incredible items in the game - but you will almost never find anything spectacular in the regular supermixer chests. They are designed to be rather blah and generic. The incredible stuff you have to hunt for and often like Caliburnus they won't be found in a chest. The items in the supermixer chests are to give your party average equipment and supplies of average magic items.

Let noone ever fucking say Cleve is weasly and evasive and ignoring our feedback. This dude got a huge pile of respect from me in the past few weeks. His post-launch support and his communication with the fans and customers is winged exemplary. You NEVER hear shit like this from developers, especially the big ones like Ubisoft, Activision etc. Their shit is always perfect and gamers giving feedback to fix this or adjust that just don't know what they're talking about. Hats fucking off.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Let noone ever fucking say Cleve is weasly and evasive and ignoring our feedback. This dude got a huge pile of respect from me in the past few weeks. His post-launch support and his communication with the fans and customers is winged exemplary. You NEVER hear shit like this from developers, especially the big ones like Ubisoft, Activision etc. Their shit is always perfect and gamers giving feedback to fix this or adjust that just don't know what they're talking about. Hats fucking off.

I agree to a point. I dislike when developers listen to their fans because most of their fans are dumb and they changes they want are bad (like all the complaints that ToEE had TB combat and not RTwP being the loudest on its release). But Cleve is a smart guy and knows what is and isn't fucked up.

This game is an instant classic and a great game, and I have a high tolerance level for most shit, but I'm putting this on hold until at least V2. One of my favorite things about these games is loot, and right now the economy and the loot is broken. It doesn't have bad itemization, it just has really bad item dispersing. Wiz7 did it pretty good. Every new area had at least one good upgrades and chests with good shit in it, and the progression of acquiring these items was well done. The same for Wiz8 mostly. I cleared the mandarin palace and not one chest had anything good, and the ninja guy had nothing I didn't sell back to him after stealing it all. All my characters have way better and have had the same shit for a long long time now.

I know for certain Cleve will fix every issue and make this game go from great to mind blowing, but there is a ton of content I want to see and this may be the first game I make a mod for if someone gets off their ass and makes a cosmic forge for this game. What this game needs to go from Cleve's mind blowing gem to reality melting mega-ultra-subgenre undisputed champ is an infusion of class and race love like Mad God did with Wiz7.

The IGG campaign states that Grimoire's NPCs use an 8000+ word vocabulary. In comparison, Infocom's 'Beyond Zork' (1987; late era) has a vocabulary of 1569 words. Incidentally, Google says that "a vocabulary of just 3000 words provides coverage for around 95% of common texts."

So, conversing with Grimoire's NPCs, compared with said Infocom game, or even using English in general, should provide some impressive conversations. Is this the case?

Is this the case?

No.

It's
NAME
JOB
KEYWORD(S)
BYE

Zep--

What did you expect? Eliza? Tay?

I expeced:
Full Sentence Communication with NPCs

What this actually means is that you speak one word and the NPC speaks a full sentence...

You aren't restricted to one word. They're just being accommodating and trying to help the weird guy who's just grunting single words at them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom