Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian RPG Survey, Fill it with INCLINE NOW!!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, we're all voting for real time combat from a 1st person perspective game which is exclusively multiplayer, right?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Has Larian ever released not only non-Divinity but also good non-Divinity rpg? Or just non-Divinity game, good or bad?

Their entire steam gameography consists of solely Divinity titles.
X8gfTnz.png

Divine, no doubt but still... Are Swen Vincke & pals able of merely thinking about making new game without Divinity in title?
Any hints made by Swen in past year or so? I remember him talking about some yuge 'project' he isn't allowed to speak, yet...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has Larian ever released not only non-Divinity but also good non-Divinity rpg? Or just non-Divinity game, good or bad?

Their entire steam gameography consists of solely Divinity titles.
X8gfTnz.png

Divine, no doubt but still... Are Swen Vincke & pals able of merely thinking about making new game without Divinity in title?
Any hints made by Swen in past year or so? I remember him talking about some yuge 'project' he isn't allowed to speak, yet...
well, there was this game called LED wars, but i dunno how it is actually. Never got any attention almost everywhere. Not even the codex

Falksi

Arcane
Weird that they didn't include their own Divinity 2:TDKS on the survey. It's one of my fave real time RPG's, and - despite it's flaws - nails various elements such as humour & atmosphere which had me totally addicted to it for around 120 hours.

Personally I'd much sooner play Divinity 2:TDKS than The Witcher 3, yet they ommitted it. Strange. Give yourself some credit lads.

SniperHF

Arcane
Co-op not important chart.

You hear that, Swen?

If you combine the "slightly importants" and the "not importants" on the right chart it's still a pretty high number.

I'd guess that the type of people who would fill out this survey are not the type of people who play D:OS in Co-op though. I don't particularly like the emphasis on MP but I'm sure that capability lead to a lot of sales, certainly publicity.

I think we just have to take the bad with the good here.

If the survey has any value at all, I'd look at the "character progression" number and see that's somewhere D:OS 1 (and 2 really, it's not much different) is a let down and Larian should improve on.

I also think these surveys tend to be a bit reactionary. Larian fans see survey from Larian and they say "STORY RICH" is extremely important to emphasize that they need to get their shit together on the writing front. Because if story rich was really all that important among people who bought D:OS, they wouldn't have liked it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That story rich thing is a bit more complicated than simply a "get your shit together, Larian" thing. It's that, too, but it's kind of Bioware's legacy in a bad way. It's a perpetuated misremembered "fact" about the RPGs in the late 90s, especially Baldur's Gate. It's also why Bioware went off the deep end with the abortions they've been popping out since NWN. That "fact" is that people think (because they haven't played it) that Baldur's Gate was good because of the storytelling, disregarding pretty much everything else. It's the oft repeated and brought up "sheep mentality" where they are following "trends" they don't understand to appear cool in front of whoever. That's why "RPGs" are synonymous with storytelling in the more mainstream consciousness.

Neogaf not happy with these results.

Some people aren't taking too kindly the fact that weebs weren't adequately represented in this survey.
But I guess that should be expected by the forum where everything that isn't anime-as-fuck is dismissively labeled as "unimaginative", "generic". "boring" and "with bad gameplay".

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some people aren't taking too kindly the fact that weebs weren't adequately represented in this survey.
How is this a fact? They were represented by exactly the numbers in which they participated.

Anyways, PCGamer lazily covered this.
Fallout 4 sucks, apparently
Some comments:
Turn based: A more elegant system, from a more civilized age...
So they asked crpg fans if they like crpg? Seems legit.
I'm not sure where the author got "Fallout 4 sucks" out of the survey if there are ~2900 dislike/hate votes and ~5800 like/love votes unless I'm reading the chart wrong.
:lol:

bussinrounds

Augur
Neogaf not happy with these results.

But I guess that should be expected by the forum where everything that isn't anime-as-fuck is dismissively labeled as "unimaginative", "generic". "boring" and "with bad gameplay".
It's Neofag man.....get it right.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Here's an interesting question to ask - why are women only 10ish % of the player base? That seems low.

Bonerbill

Augur
Here's an interesting question to ask - why are women only 10ish % of the player base? That seems low.

Probably the same reason why they're barely any women on RPGcodex. This poll was posted on places like PCgamign reddit, RPGcodex, and RPGwatch, so the majority of people who took the poll are PC RPG fans, and the majority of those people are male.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I know most women in the "RPG" world are on the Bioware forums, but still. 10% is reaaally low, the latest surveys show that the ratio of female to male gamers is 40ish : 60ish. In Canada it's 49:51. In France and the UK it's the other way around, more women are gamers than men. These statistics are skewed, however, because I think they count mobile games, which is ridiculous. In the RPG world the statistic is 30ish : 70ish.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Plenty of ways those statistics could be skewed these days.
The only acceptable amount of women in this hobby is 0 anyway. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom