Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, I go to bed and suddenly the internet thinks I pirated Grimoire.
I go to bed, everything is fine.. wake up and suddenly I'm accused of piracy, banned, and then accused of trolling when I try to explain.

Sounds like a great day. You should work on your fake outrage though:

And why, in the name of all things holy,

Absolutely mindboggling. Fucking surreal.

Viata

Arcane
It sums up to:
Guy tries to fuck everyone on steam, get fucked by Cleve. Then comes here and says to not try to fuck Cleve or he is going to fuck you. Instead of people agreeing with him, he also get fucked by codex users. Quite an orgy.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Viata

Arcane

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
It sums up to:
Guy tries to fuck everyone on steam

Huh?
Was it worth it? Pretending you pirated Grimoire to get banned by Cleve as a result?

Since he's obviously messing with people and they're feeding him in droves, then yes, I'd say he considers it well worth it.
Food system isnt implemented yet.
I hope Cleve removes it.
He cant. Its already in the manual.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

I suspect the answer would be synonymous with the answer to: Why would someone refund a game and insult it's developer and then proceed to keep visiting any threads about it on Steam and even on external websites like the Codex where things like this exist :ibelieveincleve:

Because they
  • A) crave attention,
  • B) are retarded,
  • C) are trolling,
  • D) are totally not trolling only trying to explain
  • or E) all of the above

Just admit it and go on with your life. Buy the game and enjoy the glorious incline or ignore it and move on. But trying to rationalize refunding and pirating the game by claiming it is a broken mess, when the only real hiccup was the .07 patch is just dishonest.

Also
It sums up to:
Guy tries to fuck everyone on steam, get fucked by Cleve. Then comes here and says to not try to fuck Cleve or he is going to fuck you. Instead of people agreeing with him, he also get fucked by codex users. Quite an orgy.

When you phrase it like that I almost get jealous. Sounds quite :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Cleve is literally insane, apparently. And in PMs with dude, I never once said I refunded it because I was just "testing" it -- I refunded after it became apparent the game was a hot mess.

So the game is a mess, the dev is insane - what are you still doing here? An insane dev will certainly not fix the game, so you can go home and forget about it.

Half the people here believe Cleve is insane and that his game is a mess.

I'm trying to figure out where your animosity is coming from.
Never thought I would use the Ignore option but since the release of Grimoire the retards are flooding in on this forum. HELP!!!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I can hardly await for the "casuals" to reach this part of the game...

rgQJKEQ.jpg

That was first turn. Before I got to act.

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU CUNT CLEVE, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER

boss fight right after her

Guess twice if I had saved yet.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can hardly await for the "casuals" to reach this part of the game...

rgQJKEQ.jpg

That was first turn. Before I got to act.

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU CUNT CLEVE, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER

boss fight right after her

Guess twice if I had saved yet.

what deep freeze lvl 7 didnt one shot it? just try to get a lethal blow on turn 1 then!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
what deep freeze lvl 7 didnt one shot it? just try to get a lethal blow on turn 1 then!

Well, it managed to get a kill-all spell through spellscreen and act before my chars despite them being hasted w. base speed of 70...

It is also immune to deep freeze, finger of death and SYSTEM.

But the boss after it is actually worse, it is immune to sleep, death, system and everything else. And it didn't get lethal blown either.

Besides paralyze ofc, thank god.

After nerfs, I don't think those fights can be done legit. At all.

Tarrant

Educated
And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

I suspect the answer would be synonymous with the answer to: Why would someone refund a game and insult it's developer and then proceed to keep visiting any threads about it on Steam and even on external websites like the Codex where things like this exist :ibelieveincleve:

Because they
  • A) crave attention,
  • B) are retarded,
  • C) are trolling,
  • D) are totally not trolling only trying to explain
  • or E) all of the above

Just admit it and go on with your life. Buy the game and enjoy the glorious incline or ignore it and move on. But trying to rationalize refunding and pirating the game by claiming it is a broken mess, when the only real hiccup was the .07 patch is just dishonest.

Also
It sums up to:

When you phrase it like that I almost get jealous. Sounds quite :bounce::bounce::bounce:

You have time to type all that, but you don't have 10 seconds to look at the screen shot and see I was purportedly playing an early alpha version of the game that doesn't exist?

Yes, it was a stupid joke on my part -- a play on the fact that I thought the game was a sufficient mess to be released as an "early access" game. The reason I stuck around the forum is, as crazy as this may sound, I actually really want to play the damn thing and hope Cleve ends up fixing all the many ways in which its broken. You can look at my posting history here -- blobbers are my favorite game genre. I didn't pirate the game. I haven't played it since I refunded it. I wasn't familiar with Cleve or Grimoire before making the initial purchase. I do intend to buy it once shit gets ironed out. If you still can't understand why I may have maintained an interest and stayed active in the forum, then I can't help you.

Yes, I have a penchant for trolling -- it's the internet and I'm an immature asshole. But I didn't come here to troll, and I'm still not trolling. I just wanted to clear things up with Cleve and shit spiraled into the hilarious shitshow we have before us. I shouldn't have even made my initial post on the topic, but I was so taken aback that people would assume I pirated the game when the version and "early alpha" thing so clearly (at least in my mind) indicated it was a joke. And then I was totally blown away again by the hostile response here.

I'm heading to work and so leaving this be, but you guys might want to try following the facts next time and taking a breath before jumping down somebody's throat on bad evidence. I did not pirate the game and wouldn't pirate a game somebody spent 20 years making by himself. That I chose to refund it until I saw fixes made is my prerogative.

Weasel
Hey guys, was just hanging around the Grimoire Steam forums after refunding, calling the game "broken" and pretending to be pirating it (I like to fuck with people that way) ... next thing I wake up to find I've been banned and people think I pirated Grimoire! What is the world coming to.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Yes, I have a penchant for trolling -- it's the internet and I'm an immature asshole.

Pffff - you've stepped into the troll's den. The Codex is full of immature assholes - it's part of the charm. What you did was not trolling, it was deliberately flagging the fact you were playing a version that didn't exist. What did you expect the developer to do when he found out? Pat you on the head. Nice trolling, little one. You're probably lucky you didn't get your steam account banned as well, so don't expect any sympathy.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Allright faggots, cut the silly chit-chat with the Tarrant guy and answer me some questions.

I'm back from vacation where I was stuck reading how much you assholes enjoy the game on my fucking phone at the damn beach and now I'm ready to re-start the game with a fresh party.

1. Does lethal blow work for metalsmiths or is it bugged ?

2. If I pump speed on my spellcasters to obscene levels will they ever go before the enemy or is spellcasting last by default ?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Allright faggots, cut the silly chit-chat with the Tarrant guy and answer me some questions.

I'm back from vacation where I was stuck reading how much you assholes enjoy the game on my fucking phone at the damn beach and now I'm ready to re-start the game with a fresh party.

1. Does lethal blow work for metalsmiths or is it bugged ?

2. If I pump speed on my spellcasters to obscene levels will they ever go before the enemy or is spellcasting last by default ?

For question 1 look at this thread:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...class-discussion-beginners-tips.117633/page-5

We think lethal blow only works if you have a lethal weapon and the skill ( Cleve claims it works if you have a lethal weapon OR the skill ) but testings show otherwise.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aight, I've ignored Tarrant some time ago and I'm openly calling anyone still engaging with him a fucking autistic idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom