Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Viata

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615886455487/
It has been bought to my notice that someone has been using my account, I will set the record straight, I discovered it was my son ( soon to be disinherited :D) he obtained an illegal copy of the game and "re-activated" my Steam account so he could post on this forum.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Cleve, I know this is probably obvious, but bear in mind that Steam indicates who owns your game (the mouse symbol next to their name). Thought I'd mention it as you seem to get a lot of questions from people who don't own your game and are probably playing pirated versions, but with one guy who does own your game you asked him if he was pirating it.
Today I learned something new. The more you know!

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Kind of a bummer to see people gaming the refund system. According to steam spy there were about 3500 owners over the weekend and now a couple days later it is down to 2500 despite the game being more stable which could be the issue. People are going from the buggy pirate version to the updated one, saving it to hard drive and then refunding. Figured a few wastes like taxalot would do that but to have almost 1/3 of the people who bought it pull that move kind of sucks.

Maybe true incline will prevail and sales will get the game back up to the previous point and beyond.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Yes, but you will still have the mouse symbol next to your name when you comment in the Steam forums for Grimoire, if you own Grimoire

Ahh, I never even noticed that icon before. Thanks, that's pretty useful (although I guess less so for games that aren't available exclusively on Steam).

So this guy created the non-Steam shortcut for Grimoire just to rub it in even. You'd think advertising that you're playing a stolen game would be a bannable offense.

I banned him. Punk came to this forum and used PM to assure me he was no pirate. Scumbag extraordinaire. Claimed he refunded it and was 'just testing it' by planting his 600 pound ass on it.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Let's not forget that the Wizardry 6-7 manuals were written by Brenda Garno, i.e. Brenda Brathwaite, i.e. Brenda Romero.

brenda.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore, wanna give her a ring?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She hasn't had her infant blood quaff this morning and is beginning to revert to her 500 year old Egyptian Death Queen true face. Look at that stunner and tell me that chick is not an energy vampire.

Biggus

Scholar
What is DEV supposed to do? It doesn't incease mana.

Still waiting to hear back from you about that programming job you work at. I bet it's at some huge IT company. That values super winnarz like yourself.

ah, the ad hominem attack, nothing like it. Thing is old son, we are still waiting for you to tell us in the manual. Instead of weak attempts at humour, why not just answer the question? Not that hard.
I don't mind being wrong. I am simply saying what it seems to be in my experience so far.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Still waiting to hear back from you about that programming job you work at. I bet it's at some huge IT company. That values super winnarz like yourself.

ah, the ad hominem attack, nothing like it. Thing is old son, we are still waiting for you to tell us in the manual. Instead of weak attempts at humour, why not just answer the question? Not that hard.
I don't mind being wrong. I am simply saying what it seems to be in my experience so far.

Do you own a legal copy of Grimoire? I bet you don't. Enjoy it while it lasts. Why don't you ask for support on the forum? Because you're a pasty-skinned sunken chested sallow faced pirate who can't afford the Showering With Dad game for .99 cents.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Expanded and improved the Grimoire wiki with all available information:

http://grimoire.wiki

Especially the article on the professions is now massive. If anyone wants to contribute, please do so. Signing up to edit the wiki doesn't even require an email address.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The pathetic loser is headed for a nervous breakdown as his every attempt to fix his broken games makes it into an increasingly hopeless mess. I say he'll remove the game from steam in a few weeks, blaming "pirates."
The game has improved massively since release via updates, with only 1 of the updates breaking the game (and was quickly fixed).

Basically you have no idea what you're talking about.

Biggus

Scholar

Do you own a legal copy of Grimoire? I bet you don't. Enjoy it while it lasts. Why don't you ask for support on the forum? Because you're a pasty-skinned sunken chested sallow faced pirate who can't afford the Showering With Dad game for .99 cents.

Yup, you really are showing your class. Why don't you just answer the question old bean, it isn't hard. Really and truly. :)

Biggus

Scholar
Not
Yup, you really are showing your class. Why don't you just answer the question old bean, it isn't hard. Really and truly. :)
What is your Steam ID?

Getting personal aren't we. Talk about the thought police. This is about a simple question, that CMB could have answered in a fraction of the time that he took when he chose instead to rant. Not about my ID, or yours, or what the weather is.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Not
What is your Steam ID?

Getting personal aren't we. Talk about the thought police. This is about a simple question, that CMB could have answered in a fraction of the time that he took when he chose instead to rant. Not about my ID, or yours, or what the weather is.
You are mistaken.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Kind of a bummer to see people gaming the refund system. According to steam spy there were about 3500 owners over the weekend and now a couple days later it is down to 2500 despite the game being more stable which could be the issue. People are going from the buggy pirate version to the updated one, saving it to hard drive and then refunding. Figured a few wastes like taxalot would do that but to have almost 1/3 of the people who bought it pull that move kind of sucks.

Maybe true incline will prevail and sales will get the game back up to the previous point and beyond.
Even I, as an avowed and avid pirate, find that rather disheartening, tbqh.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The pathetic loser is headed for a nervous breakdown as his every attempt to fix his broken games makes it into an increasingly hopeless mess. I say he'll remove the game from steam in a few weeks, blaming "pirates."
The game has improved massively since release via updates, with only 1 of the updates breaking the game (and was quickly fixed).

Basically you have no idea what you're talking about.

The guy talks about Grimoire being broken but has a V:TMB avatar. That tells you everything you need to know right there.

Weasel

In the interests of balance, previous predictions:

It's certainly been entertaining following this over the years. First we got to laugh at Cleve's grandiose promises, fun rants and endless missed deadlines. Now we get to see the hate brigade desperately trying to change tack on the game that would never come out.

Apr1, 2017
He will release the same old demo on Early Access and leave it in that state perpetually as it collects money.

Aug5, 2017
It's the superdemo.

Aug6, 2017
I'll pirate the game in a month or two, just to say I tried it. By then someone will have gotten to the "end" which will just be a crash to desktop because the game is unfinished. It may be removed from Steam at that point, especially after all the stolen code and assets come to light.

Long may it continue.

Biggus

Scholar

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
But still have people who love calculations and mathematics. And subj was addressed to them.

Not at all. Grimoire is a lost in time game from the early 90s. In early 90s, there were no tooltips saying "increases agility by 3.24% for 37s", the manuals were vague, and optimization wikis written by WoW wankers from Leeroy Jenkins video did not exist. Early 90s approach to RPG mechanics was "I don't know what the fuck I just did, but wow, it was awesome".

When I created my first party, I put bard`s points in the music skill. Then I saw that the party members without this skill use musical instruments as well as he.

Invoking prime/alter musical instruments from inventory bar is an acknowledged exploit. Resist the temptation, could you?

When using instruments as equipped items as they are supposed, music skill very much matters, halcyon lyre damage proves that.
What do you mean mondblut? Equiping an instrument makes its effects more powerful than using them?

Biggus

Scholar
Fl4OY0K.jpg

Now, hopefully we can move past the sticks and stones and get back to the question, what does DEV do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom